• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Greg

Been playing this and Golf Club all morning. These are probably two of my favorite games all year. Leaderboards have completely stopped working for me on TGC though, which really sucks.
I need to get back into TGC... I quit because of the leaderboards going down, but it's still a good time and they've improved performance quite a bit on PS4 with patches

and holy shit, Driveclub page just posted this:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=737415383009491

Who else plays war thunder? Was it Greg? I need a couple wing men.
yes, I played the shit out of that game for a while with my brother and 2 buddies

I actually just played it again for the first time in months late last night and will probably be getting back into it once they release US tanks (although I still prefer pure planes)

yes, I played the shit out of that game for a while with my brother and 2 buddies

I actually just played it again for the first time in months late last night and will probably be getting back into it once they release US tanks (although I still prefer pure planes)

Yeah I don't touch the tanks. I just unlocked the rank 3 planes so I'm finally getting kills. Add me

Greg

Yeah I don't touch the tanks. I just unlocked the rank 3 planes so I'm finally getting kills. Add me
probably not today because football and other stuff, but I'll add you and we'll play some time for sure

I play on PC, but it's cross-platform (you can't link your PC and PS4 accounts though which is why I still play on PC)

tier 2/early tier 3 is definitely the sweet spot for the game before most planes have 1-shot potential and payloads are so big it becomes a base-bombing race

Mrbob

For me SF5 looks quite a bit different than SF4.

8Oa2msH.jpg

6ul86LI.jpg

TheCrow

It doesn't look bad, but I'm surprised how much it looks like IV. Have they said anything about the mechanics yet?

It looks better but it isn't a significant jump. I just don't think its worth spending much money/time on upgrading the graphics considering its capcom. Especially to an amount that would "wow" people.

Smokey

yesss

some guy in the Driveclub thread that's had the scoop on a few of the updates so far said that the weather update was coming next week... that would be awesome if he's right

the driving model was enough to hold my interest, but it really does come together nicely when all the features are working like this

going to get it from gamefly now that weather update is in.

seems to be the rule going forward with aaa releases: wait at least a month before diving in

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rinse dude, I am going through your stats and team and these two jump right out:

22 of your players have confidence below 10. Most of them are starters.

CJ Spiller on the year, 147 carries 284 yards. 1.9 YPC

Both of those are staggering.

GG Crimson. Not sure why I could do absolutely nothing. Just one of those games. That Charles screen TD was awesome.

GG. Yeah everything was falling my way that game. That early int and then fumble on your next offensive play really set the momentum my team was playing ridiculously good after that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rinse dude, I am going through your stats and team and these two jump right out:

22 of your players have confidence below 10. Most of them are starters.

CJ Spiller on the year, 147 carries 284 yards. 1.9 YPC

Both of those are staggering.

Unless im missing something, if you lose alot your team confidence goes in the tank. There arent enough training hours to get them back up.

If i lose 2 games in a row my whole team gets fucking emo.

Rorschach

Confidence is such a dumb fucking stat. I'd say it was the worst stat ever if clutch stat didn't exist. The whole hot/cold thing ruined Madden.

Rorschach

Hyrule Warriors sucks. Even playing it with a friend doesn't make it fun since you spend all your time on opposite ends of the map.

Confidence is such a dumb fucking stat. I'd say it was the worst stat ever if clutch stat didn't exist. The whole hot/cold thing ruined Madden.

it is fucking stupid and i wish we could disable it. with that said, i think its effect isn't as much as it seems. for most of the year last season, i didn't do any of the "boost confidence" things. some of my guys were really low (kap was in the 20's for a while), other guys weren't as low. i had the #1 defense in the league, sucked balls with kap and had an inconsistent running game.

flash forward to this season, i've been using all my time to boost confidence. i have one of the top 5 defenses, kap still sucks (his confidence is in the high 80's), and my running game is inconsistent.

having a high confidence doesn't turn a shitty player into a great player and having a low confidence doesn't turn patrick willis into AJ Hawk

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Unless im missing something, if you lose alot your team confidence goes in the tank. There arent enough training hours to get them back up.

If i lose 2 games in a row my whole team gets fucking emo.

I agree that it is stupid but it has a huge affect on coverage if your secondary is affected and on your QB. The negative is just too negative. And I pointed out DM's LB and DT the other day who with the confidence boost sit at 99s in multiple categories.

it is fucking stupid and i wish we could disable it. with that said, i think its effect isn't as much as it seems. for most of the year last season, i didn't do any of the "boost confidence" things. some of my guys were really low (kap was in the 20's for a while), other guys weren't as low. i had the #1 defense in the league, sucked balls with kap and had an inconsistent running game.

flash forward to this season, i've been using all my time to boost confidence. i have one of the top 5 defenses, kap still sucks (his confidence is in the high 80's), and my running game is inconsistent.

having a high confidence doesn't turn a shitty player into a great player and having a low confidence doesn't turn patrick willis into AJ Hawk

When everyone on your defense is already 99 the confidence probably doesn't help much

Thank you Soka.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
my point is low confidence won't make a 99 rated OP defense play shitty, and 99 confidence wont make a low rated terrible defense perform well

It will, however make an average to good player (75-85 rating) either great or subpar. Thats where its really noticeable.

Last season Riley Cooper had shit confidence and all of the sudden he couldnt catch an open slant route. He was just dropping everything.

Greg

I don't think I've ever lost so much at anything

even my K/D in my short run at Dota is better

the statistics support that Madden is the one at fault here!

brentech

That's the new controller I got to replace my old one with a messed up joystick and I refuse to use it until this other one starts breaking

Also would you like to play some soccer and make up for this morning's bullshit in a bit? let me know
still waiting to play pistolpete in our madden game. haven't heard back from him today

Top Bottom