• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

rinse82

Rinse dude, I am going through your stats and team and these two jump right out:

22 of your players have confidence below 10. Most of them are starters.

CJ Spiller on the year, 147 carries 284 yards. 1.9 YPC

Both of those are staggering.

Yup - can't dig myself out of that confidence hole, it's stupid. Their low confidence carried over from last season (I don't think it resets in a new season, which is also stupid).

And my run-game has been shit all year, despite me investing in the OL in offseason. Though my C and RG are still suboptimal.

DMczaf

So during the GAF meetup last night at Playstation Experience, I ended up getting drunk as fuck and derping around Venetian.

At some point I went to Hookah Bar inside Venetian and ran into a Madden producer (can't remember his name) and drunkenly telling him I'm in the NeoGAF Madden league and yelling about how big we are.

So yeah, we are on the list now. We ain't gettin' shit.

Thank me later!

So during the GAF meetup last night at Playstation Experience, I ended up getting drunk as fuck and derping around Venetian.

At some point I went to Hookah Bar inside Venetian and ran into a Madden producer (can't remember his name) and drunkenly telling him I'm in the NeoGAF Madden league and yelling about how big we are.

So yeah, we are on the list now. We ain't gettin' shit.

Thank me later!

Lol nice

Ps

Rors kap sux and so does our D! Enjoy harbs next year :(

Crimson we are on smash

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You need to check out your internet before you play smash crimson. The connection went to shit in that game after you came in

Reset my modem that usually helps for a few minutes at least

Lol every time! This is why we need 8 player smash online but my internet probably wouldn't let me play that anyway lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I feel like bobs strategy in smash is to luck into huge stages, survive to be one of the last two, then run the away from the other person as long as possible.

eznark

Banned
Went shopping for the kids for Christmas. So fucking fun. Got them a massive train table and tons of shit at Disney plus a bunch of other garbage, but the train set....man I can't wait to set this up. One of those wooden ones. Gonna build some add ons for the table because we got like every set that goes with it too.

Also got myself a link amiibo!

brentech

I've never been, but there is a model train and toy show event this weekend near me at our fair grounds and they have it every few months or whatever.

Same place has a gun show 10/12 months

Went shopping for the kids for Christmas. So fucking fun. Got them a massive train table and tons of shit at Disney plus a bunch of other garbage, but the train set....man I can't wait to set this up. One of those wooden ones. Gonna build some add ons for the table because we got like every set that goes with it too.

Also got myself a link amiibo!

dont forget to use your link amiibo in hyrule warriors for an exclusive weapon!

eznark

Banned
I've never been, but there is a model train and toy show event this weekend near me at our fair grounds and they have it every few months or whatever.

Same place has a gun show 10/12 months

There is one near us, over in Dayton I think, all month. My wife takes the kids every year.

Rorschach

my point is low confidence won't make a 99 rated OP defense play shitty, and 99 confidence wont make a low rated terrible defense perform well
The thing is that the effect is only negative. Having 99 confidence just means that your players will play up to their ratings. Whether that's 70 or 99.

Greg

yeah, 50 is even

there's thresholds in both directions, but above boosts key attributes for the position and below takes them away

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
they said at 50 confidence is "normal".

in real life kap's confidence is -100

50 confidence is normal but at 39 you start seeing negative effects and at 70 is when you see anything positive.

The system doesn't need to be scrapped it just needs to be fine-tuned. There is no way that confidence should carry over to a new season, it should reset except for Pro-Bowlers and the SB champs, they should get a small boost. After a bye should see more regression to the mean as well.

Further, FAs carry their confidence ratings to the new teams as well. Shouldn't they naturally get a bump by virtue of another team being interested in them enough to sign them?

The real problem is that if you hit a losing streak at the end of a season you're fucked.

50 confidence is normal but at 39 you start seeing negative effects and at 70 is when you see anything positive.

The system doesn't need to be scrapped it just needs to be fine-tuned. There is no way that confidence should carry over to a new season, it should reset except for Pro-Bowlers and the SB champs, they should get a small boost. After a bye should see more regression to the mean as well.

Further, FAs carry their confidence ratings to the new teams as well. Shouldn't they naturally get a bump by virtue of another team being interested in them enough to sign them?

The real problem is that if you hit a losing streak at the end of a season you're fucked.

the system is stupid because it seems no matter what you do your QB gets a -3 "i had an awful game!". a few games ago i was something like 15/18, 200 or so yards with kap (no td's or ints) and i got -3 for having a "terrible" game. whatever EA!

every FA i've ever signed has a 0 confidence because they say "don't know the playbook! -20!" well they dont get a +20 after they've been there a few weeks so its stupid.

the whole system is stupid but my entire point to begin with is that the positives or negatives added to your player are minimal from what i've seen

LJ11

Hey, why don't we try Monday night? My usual Monday night conflict is over for the rest of the year, so I should be good to go around my typical 9:30/10 ET if that works for you.

Works for me.

My alpine white DS4 (most used controller) has definitely developed a squeaky R2. Luckily, this shit actually works.

http://ps4daily.com/2014/08/squeaky-triggers-dualshock-4/

My brand new controller squeaked too, did this a couple of weeks ago and it worked. No issues with it. My OG is still goat, I got lucky with that one out of the box.

Ferny

For you guys with WiiUs, if you're not gonna use the old controller at all, do you even need to connect the sensor bar?

Top Bottom