• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

GG, Brent. I dunno if it was because you were streaming, or because of Armstrong internet, or both. But that half second of lag all game killed all my timing routes all game and resulted in that fucking pick on my last real drive.

brentech

I had a small delay all game. First time this season against anyone. I had to adjust the timing on my kicks and throws by about half a second. When I took 2 sacks in a row early in the game is when I really noticed it. Couldnt get the ball out for the life of me.

GG. We have ridiculously similar offenses. In terms of our season output so far. Was just glad my D didn't drop 4 picks this game like last. That was ultimately the difference.

Sanjuro

ixW2oWIGGAZjT.gif

What happened I am watching the other stream.

So far GQ and LJ have been playing a pretty high level game. I'm very nervous to face LJ in a few weeks now. :(

FMT was winning 14-7. Sanjuro gets like a 60 yard run by Peterson for a TD at the 2 minute warning. Goes for 2. FB dive gets in. Up 15-14 and FMT is driving easy. Leaves a WR out to dry on a pass and he fumbles the pass. Burns all 3 timeouts stopping Sanjuro and forcing the punt. Gets the ball back at the 10 and gets sacked a bunch. GG.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FMT was winning 14-7. Sanjuro gets like a 60 yard run by Peterson for a TD at the 2 minute warning. Goes for 2. FB dive gets in. Up 15-14 and FMT is driving easy. Leaves a WR out to dry on a pass and he fumbles the pass. Burns all 3 timeouts stopping Sanjuro and forcing the punt. Gets the ball back at the 10 and gets sacked a bunch. GG.

This is like fucking Christmas today. If GQ can pull off a win it would be a great day.

GQman2121

Banned
This is like fucking Christmas today. If GQ can pull off a win it would be a great day.

I'm sorry. :(

I led the entire game and threw it away on a pass to the wrong receiver. It shouldn't have come to that with the way the game played out.

His first TD consisted of 9/11th of my defense being pancaked. I knew he liked the counters out of the gun, but there's really nothing I can do when there's no one to control.

Three game losing streak right now. Confidence is going to be in the tank after the vance.

Sanjuro

I've signed and released maybe a half dozen quarterbacks this season. You know the game is trash when you are sorting the free agent quarterbacks by confidence.

LJ11

Good game GQ. You frustrated the fuck out of me. Didn't want you to get the ball back before the end of the half, I should have just gone with the money FB dive, everyone else does it but I go and get stuffed with a run so I took the risk on the fake punt.

You left me one quarter to make a comeback and I finally got some turnovers, felt like I missed two user ints earlier in the game and the last two made up for it.

I couldn't stop Taylor even when I blitzed and contained to flush him out, he'd get around. It's hard to defend that middle and worry about the QB at the same time.

I led the entire game and threw it away on a pass to the wrong receiver. It shouldn't have come to that with the way the game played out.

His first TD consisted of 9/11th of my defense being pancaked. I knew he liked the counters out of the gun, but there's really nothing I can do when there's no one to control.

Three game losing streak right now. Confidence is going to be in the tank after the vance.

You overplayed the power play on that TD. Shifted your DL the wrong way, and I hit the counter. It was just a lucky play call, I didn't have it in my audibles, but once I saw you shift I knew I had the chance for 6 with Robinson pulling.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I was laughing when watching the play live and when you replayed it at the end of the game it was even funnier.

You seem like a MUCH better player than last year. I hope we get to play next season.

GQman2121

Banned
I was laughing when watching the play live and when you replayed it at the end of the game it was even funnier.

You seem like a MUCH better player than last year. I hope we get to play next season.

Thanks! I hope we meet too!

I've come to the realization that every Madden player only has a handful of things that they feel like they can win with on a consistent basis. By watching the games on Twitch and being able to review the stats lines of previous games, league play turns the game into Tecmo Bowl more than ever. You pick your poison on defense and hope your opponent fucks something up or you get lucky. I've had my fair share of both this year.

you forgot to add in the dropped 30 yard reception by VD!

no salt tho, sanjuro played well and i played too conservative early. on the AP 70-ish yard run to tie it, i should have played MORE conservative but i sold out to stop the off tackle and user controlled the safety the wrong way... thats what happens!

now i have to be extremely careful in my remaining games. i have some tough ones coming up.... CB, brent, splat. although i did tell bob i wouldn't lose another game this season. and that was before i played sanjuro :(

DJ Bowser

GG Greg. That second TD to TY you read perfectly and I thought you were going to pick it with the safety. Also, bad luck on a couple of dropped picks that you read really well.

I'm hoping this will take Luck above 30 in confidence.

Greg

GG Greg. That second TD to TY you read perfectly and I thought you were going to pick it with the safety. Also, bad luck on a couple of dropped picks that you read really well.

I'm hoping this will take Luck above 30 in confidence.
GG man

yeah, I don't know what else to do - I can't count on the deep zone to ever be in position

I wanted to break Luck's neck on that 3rd and inches

DJ Bowser

That New Japan belt is SO damn beautiful.

Early in my wrestling "career" when I was still more mark than man, I dreamed of going to Japan and winning it. Then I realized I hated "strong style" and stuck to joke gimmicks and getting head injuries.

Edit: It did look like you hit-sticked him, Greg... and I was terrified he was injured on it. Next time, I'll be FB-diving.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I've signed and released maybe a half dozen quarterbacks this season. You know the game is trash when you are sorting the free agent quarterbacks by confidence.

I saw these issues coming and signed Christian Ponder early in the season. He has high confidence and was the only relatively decent QB left in the pool

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Reading the MCC and destiny threads over on the gaming side back to back is quite the entertaining time.

Games, man.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Thanks! I hope we meet too!

I've come to the realization that every Madden player only has a handful of things that they feel like they can win with on a consistent basis. By watching the games on Twitch and being able to review the stats lines of previous games, league play turns the game into Tecmo Bowl more than ever. You pick your poison on defense and hope your opponent fucks something up or you get lucky. I've had my fair share of both this year.

That's actually a pretty astute observation but I would argue that football in general boils down to a big game of rock/papers/scissors. I would caution you against just looking at what play is called and defending against that. I'm sure you have noticed your opponents have made a lot of hot route changes at the LOS.

Top Bottom