• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Mrbob

Oh Bioware....

8UhfiNu.jpg

i4JE0OE.png

We are aware that some of our players have been having graphical errors since patch 2 rolled out and we are working on fixing it. It appears we accidentally released the patch for Xbox 360 for PC and PS4 players. Sorry!

eznark

Banned
So I was thinking of grabbing Disney Infinity for my kids specifically for the buy 2 get 1 deal and I haven't bought Far Cry yet but I cannot for the life of me find a third game.

Mrbob

I know Bungie is probably counting their money but damn.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948886

Wonder if Bungie will ever address the core game? This post isn't very encouraging.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142579138&postcount=68

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142594732&postcount=316

How the mighty have fallen.

Probably uploaded the patch with 360 assets by mistake.

i'm not a technical guy so maybe this is a stupid question but how would that even be possible?

Mrbob

It is possible it isn't. Working on multiple versions of the same game each version isn't using the exact same assets, or maybe the settings got overridden to 360 standard instead of PC standard. For example, XB360 would be using scaled down assets versus the PC version. In revisiting the thread seems like it was a troll post. Though the screw ups are real in the patch. Here is the official Bioware response:

Hey Everyone,

We're working on getting a hot fix out for the PC graphics issue as soon as possible. In the meantime, here is a workaround you can try:

To start, make sure the quality setting you choose is equal to the setting set for Mesh Quality inside Options>Graphics

You will need to add a new command line parameter. To do this:

Through Origin:
Right click on the Dragon Age Inquisition title
Go to game properties
Type the command line parameter in the Command Line Properties box.

Through shortcut:
Right Click Shortcut
Go to Properties
Under target go to the end of the field and type the command line parameter into the box

Once there, add the following command line parameter: -ShaderSystem.ShaderQualityLevel <quality setting>
In this instance, <quality setting> should be one of the following:
Ultra
High
Medium
Low

An example of how to set your quality to high would be: -ShaderSystem.ShaderQualityLevel High

Please note that once the hot fix is out, you will need to go back in and remove this workaround from your command line.

It’s also important to note that pre-patch 2, all users on PC were being forced to use the Ultra shader quality. This means that those of you playing on lower settings will notice a decrease in quality, particularly players using low or medium settings. To achieve the same visuals as pre-patch, users on lower settings will need to change their settings to Ultra, which should likewise be used in conjunction with Ultra mesh quality. Mismatching the mesh and shader settings will result in other visual artifacts like overly shiny hair. Please be aware that changing settings to Ultra may impact performance on some machines.

Sorry about any frustration this may have caused.

i'm not a technical guy so maybe this is a stupid question but how would that even be possible?

It is possible it isn't. Working on multiple versions of the same game each version isn't using the exact same assets, or maybe the settings got overridden to 360 standard instead of PC standard. For example, XB360 would be using scaled down assets versus the PC version. In revisiting the thread seems like it was a troll post. Though the screw ups are real in the patch. Here is the official Bioware response:

As someone who has worked on multi platform stuff, it could happen but I'd be hard pressed to believe that a company with the resources of Bungie doesn't have the process completely automated. That's the kind of fuck up that happens when you're doing builds by hand and you don't have a good auto verification system.

Gg Pete. You are my kryptonite I should've just ran it all game like last week. Osweiler with back to back horrible weeks. Broncos 9-win streak is snapped. I have two losses, both to Pete.

Osweiler: 47.4 QBR, 11/21, 1 TD, 4 INT, 1 sack
Reeves: 19 carries, 60 yds, 1 TD
Geathers: 3 rec, 29 yards

Good game Drizz, I thought you were gonna run away with that one after your first drive, and yeah, I was scared to have to put up with your ground game (it killed me our first game) and was surprised you didn't give him more carries.

That wheel route to McFadden?

I'd also like to add, shout out to my AFC brethren. 3 of our 4 teams are top 6 in the AFC, Nightz still not out of it either.

Mrbob

Is Suikoden not available on PS4?

No. Not sure I'd want to play that on PS4. Going to pick up Suikoden 1 and 2 tonight. God tier RPGs. I still have my Suikoden 2 PS1 case and game for some reason. Probably because it was one of my favorite RPGs of all time.

McNei1y

I can't figure out what it is about my defense that's so bad. Everyone seems to be pretty good at their position but in games they give up every pass (see most of my gaemes. QBs seem to connect >85% of their passes). And my 3rd down game sucks. Oh well. Maybe I'll draft a gem next season and reformat my defense to 4-3

A Look Into the AFC Playoff Picture

1. Tennessee Titans (11-0) South
-Clinched Division
@TB, vsPIT, vsIND, @HOU, @IND

2. Denver Broncos (10-2) West
@SD, @NYJ, vsSD, vsKC

3. Baltimore Ravens (7-4) North
@STL, vsOAK, @HOU, vsBUF, @CLE

4. New England Patriots (6-5) East
@PIT, @WAS, vsNYG, @MIA, vsDAL

5. Oakland Raiders (8-4) West
@BAL, vsSD, @DET, @CHI