• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '25 PS4 CCM Thread: Meet the new gen, same as the old gen

Sorry guys, been busy with holidays/work.

...you're all just playing DOTA now aren't you?

Not all of us. FMT and Soka are still resisting the dark side. I think FMT just wants to be different and soka probably hates it because they don't design their characters around the desires of horny 15 year olds.

brentech

Played my CPU match against the Ravens.
Browns 10 - Ravens 0

Got that shut out! CPU might be a bit easy, they only had like 105 total yards or something like that. The D is fine as it is, still giving a challenge.

Now the bad news...I lost my starting RB for 8 games to dislocated hip. FUUUCCJCKCKCKCK. So pissed. I needed that speed back. DuJuan Harris was the burst my team needed. Willis McGahee just too slow to make those moves that make the difference between a 4 yard run and a 15 yard run. Will have to see if any of my other guys will have acceleration worth a damn or if I can find another FA pickup.

eznark

Banned
Yeah the CPU is way easier. They still get cheesy breaks but now they are unable to capitalize on them. And the defense is fucking awful. The only thing you have to worry about is if you are playing a stud running back because the CPU uses all the crazy ass moves. AP had the most glorious 80 yard run against me with 2 spin moves, a stiff arm and an insane juke. It was so cool to watch. Also something no human could do.

The state of Arkansas sent me a bill for $1,700 for state taxes D:

...was never a resident of that shitty ass state! Time to make some calls

brentech

Yeah the CPU is way easier. They still get cheesy breaks but now they are unable to capitalize on them. And the defense is fucking awful. The only thing you have to worry about is if you are playing a stud running back because the CPU uses all the crazy ass moves. AP had the most glorious 80 yard run against me with 2 spin moves, a stiff arm and an insane juke. It was so cool to watch. Also something no human could do.

lol. i can believe that. Rice had one good run where he put a few moves on me. Then the offense completely stagnated as I sacked Flacco 4 times.

eznark

Banned
#2 game NA

Now that I am playing with a made deck it's a lot more fun. Now when I run into super combos like a murloc deck that actually works or some bullshit priest "double health, double health, health-to-attack, charge" fuckery I at least think "I need to do that" instead of "I wonder how much that cost to build"

CoD: Ghosts. Great first impression. Servers down. I buy every game with Raven's name on it eventually. To my great detriment.

Smokey

Now that I am playing with a made deck it's a lot more fun. Now when I run into super combos like a murloc deck that actually works or some bullshit priest "double health, double health, health-to-attack, charge" fuckery I at least think "I need to do that" instead of "I wonder how much that cost to build"

CoD: Ghosts. Great first impression. Servers down. I buy every game with Raven's name on it eventually. To my great detriment.

You can't even play SP with servers down?

lolol sing just luke raged on his stream. He was playing in a group with some noobs... just said fuck it mid game and left to get food. Got an abandon then left party and solo queued

now he just randomed wisp haha

I love dota

Smokey

Dunno haven't tried. And it might have been a patch issue? We'll see.

It is imperative that you play the first level when the south Americans invade the space station

Took a shuttle and invaded the space station

What a way to start off a game

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
lolol sing just luke raged on his stream. He was playing in a group with some noobs... just said fuck it mid game and left to get food. Got an abandon then left party and solo queued

now he just randomed wisp haha

I love dota

everything about this guy other than his play is unbearable.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i went to his stream and the first thing i hear is him humming the Final fantasy fanfare. immediately muted.

DCX

DCX
Well..FMT, i have been trying to get a hold of this JTrizzy character with no success. I sent him a friend request that remains unanswered, a PM through here and a post here as well.

What say you?

DCX

BigAT

Arteezy playing without a shirt on?

Shake:

82640-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-0u4v.gif

Mrbob

smokey how the fuck do i mute myself in this dumb game?

Do you have a camera? I thought I heard background noise from your home when we played our Madden game. As far as I know you can't turn off the mic in the camera if it is plugged in. Have to unplug it. Sony working with the NSA as well.

McNei1y

When we played our Madden game that one time in the morning, I heard your kid crying the entire game. Eznark tactics at work.

eznark

Banned
Are sites really making an argument for Dota 2 as GOTY?

How could you possibly make an argument against it? Bioshock was an abysmal mess and GTA was uninspired. If you didn't like Last of Us what is left? If you are a pc publication it's borderline criminal to not give it to Dota.

Smokey

GTA uninspired? How?

I guess I would go with TLou.. Maybe gta5 if i put more time into it, but I couldn't take the framerate struggle. But I haven't played mario either. I feel like I should fix that.

And yeah if you have a PS4 camera there's no way to disable voice. Somehow Sony escaped this while MS was raked over the coals.. At least you can disable voice on Kinect.

eznark

Banned
Same shitty combat, same shitty writing, new shitty one note characters with no discernable motivation or arc. The Housers seem to have even less of a grasp on the source material and cultures they are trying to satirize than normal, which is generally the saving grace.

Now with completely and totally broken online play!

Yeah I'll just leave the camera unplugged I guess. Really, really dumb.

Sokantish

How could you possibly make an argument against it? Bioshock was an abysmal mess and GTA was uninspired. If you didn't like Last of Us what is left? If you are a pc publication it's borderline criminal to not give it to Dota.

How is a copy of a wc3 map inspiring?

eznark

Banned
Hopefully that means GW will build on the momentum and add Tomb Kings to blood Bowl!

Actually I think they are. Bring them to the card game!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GTA uninspired? How?

I guess I would go with TLou.. Maybe gta5 if i put more time into it, but I couldn't take the framerate struggle. But I haven't played mario either. I feel like I should fix that.

And yeah if you have a PS4 camera there's no way to disable voice. Somehow Sony escaped this while MS was raked over the coals.. At least you can disable voice on Kinect.

TLou was a good story, not a good game. i just stopped playing it and watched the cutscenes when my sister was going through it.

TheCrow

I have a bad feeling we are due for a losing streak once we queue up again. Our 3 games last night were 30 minutes stomps that were over even earlier.

And no. I'm not counting that last game where a opposing PA ended up with 3 divine rapiers.

Smokey

TLou was a good story, not a good game. i just stopped playing it and watched the cutscenes when my sister was going through it.

I can see how some could come to that. I thought it was good depressing fun.

If you said this in gaming side, you'd have a 200+ post thread within 1.5 hrs tops

Top Bottom