• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

BigAT

Sorry about that Ramirez, the power for my apartment complex went out for a few minutes there.

So what's the procedure for this. We got disconnected right at the start of the second half, does the game get reset and we play from the beginning?

Ramirez

BigAT said:
Sorry about that Ramirez, the power for my apartment complex went out for a few minutes there.

So what's the procedure for this. We got disconnected right at the start of the second half, does the game get reset and we play from the beginning?

Was that game bad or what? :lol

Yea, I think it gets reset. I'll be able to play later, playing while on the phone sucks ass. :(

BigAT

Ramirez said:
Was that game bad or what? :lol

Yea, I think it gets reset. I'll be able to play later, playing while on the phone sucks ass. :(

Truly.

I think the game was so ugly my electricity turned off out of mercy.

Smokey

BigAT said:

I will reset it.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. smokey did you even out the home and away games? ive played 5 home games so far!

Nope. It'll even itself out. I say enjoy it b/c looking at your schedule the middle of week 2 through beginning of week 4 are all road games for you!

7 straight home games then you got 10 straight on the road!

Nets, Spurs, 76ers let's go you all only have 1 game played a piece, and we're movin' on Saturday.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I might be able to play on Friday night. If not then I can play on Sunday. My schedule at work has been much busier than I'm used to.

i dont mind playing a bunch of home/road games in a row, i just want it to even out in the end which it sounds like it will.

when does this week advance? are we able to play ahead or we have to wait?

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i dont mind playing a bunch of home/road games in a row, i just want it to even out in the end which it sounds like it will.

when does this week advance? are we able to play ahead or we have to wait?

Have to wait.

It's broken up into 5 games a week. We started this round of games last Saturday so it will advance this Saturday.

AirBrian

FrenchMovieTheme said:
and to think i was going to trade mcgirk. once you get his timing down he is nearly unstoppable
You have no idea. His little top of the key shot is impossible to guard because it's like a fade-away, but not (if that makes sense). And he'll hit open 3's all day. And he has an inside game. He's really quite ridiculous in this game. German engineered, baby!

daw840

Alright guys. I need a star center. I want better rebounding capabilities. Someone offer me a trade. Anyone is open to negotiation (except Carmelo.)

dave there are maybe 2 star centers in the NBA.... MAYBE! if you need a big man for boards and D they can be found, but there aren't many star players at the center position in the nba anymore. its all PF's now!

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dave there are maybe 2 star centers in the NBA.... MAYBE! if you need a big man for boards and D they can be found, but there aren't many star players at the center position in the nba anymore. its all PF's now!

I WANT YAO DAMNIT.....GIVE HIM TO ME NOW

Lol, I just absolutely suck at offensive rebounds. Plus, my team is ALL offense.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Boards are screwed this year. so many offensive rebounds. It just feels broken, especially if your trying to rebound manually...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
and to think i was going to trade mcgirk. once you get his timing down he is nearly unstoppable

You were thinking about trading Dirk? Wow. Dude is crazy in 2k basketball games. I have never used the Mavs in one of our leagues but online last year I would only use them. If you can get good with isomotion with Kidd your offensive is set because his passing is so good. Dirve and dish to the top of the key all day.

AirBrian

CB3 said:
Boards are screwed this year. so many offensive rebounds. It just feels broken, especially if your trying to rebound manually...
In all of my games so far, I've tried to rebound manually. And in all three games, I've gotten abused on the boards -- and typically, I'm one of the top rebounding teams. I definitely agree with you here. I've actually been blown away and very frustrated at how bad my rebounding is this year.

Also, will you be around this evening?

Smokey

CB3 said:

I've lowered the sliders for offensive rebounds.

Smokey

Game 1:

Cavs v. Spurs

Game 2:

Lakers v. Bucks
Knicks v. Nets
Cavs v. Bobcats
Hawks v. Spurs
76ers v. Blazers

Game 3:

Knicks v. Magic
Bulls v. Bucks
Jazz v. Nets
76ers v. Clippers

Game 4:

Bulls v. Lakers
Cavs v. Pistons
76ers v. Hornets
Blazers v. Bobcats
Spurs v. Clippers

Game 5:

76ers v. Raptors
Spurs v. Hornets
Clippers v. Bobcats

CB3

AirBrian said:
In all of my games so far, I've tried to rebound manually. And in all three games, I've gotten abused on the boards -- and typically, I'm one of the top rebounding teams. I definitely agree with you here. I've actually been blown away and very frustrated at how bad my rebounding is this year.

Also, will you be around this evening?

im around from this point on.

lets talk trades too

AirBrian

Holy shit, Hughes gets sent to the Bucks and makes the Bulls pay for trading him. I would've been so f'n pissed if he hit the game winner.

CB3 said:
it would take bibby and horford
c'mon man! i checked the analyzer, bibby and Redd's ratings are a statistical tie!
plus you need a savy pg passer, you can't get any better pg in the market than bibby!
i'll throw in someone else, but not horford, that's just robbery man. that's wrong.

CB3

viakado said:
c'mon man! i checked the analyzer, bibby and Redd's ratings are a statistical tie!
plus you need a savy pg passer, you can't get any better pg in the market than bibby!
i'll throw in someone else, but not horford, that's just robbery man. that's wrong.

Mike Bibby + Luke Walton

This trade is endorsed by Richard Jefferson

Hunter D

This game is really pissing me off. Got tons of lag playing with viakado and disconnects.

This is why I won't be wasting money on sports games next year.

Hunter D said:
This game is really pissing me off. Got tons of lag playing with viakado and disconnects.

This is why I won't be wasting money on sports games next year.
i'll be around friday night and probably all day sunday to replay our game.

Mrbob

Ramirez and/or Hunter D, can either of you play tonight.

I should be free around 9PM central time onward. But not too late, I have to be up early tommorrow.

Top Bottom