• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

5 games so far and no issues for me. minimal lag, great performance all around. i had the disconnect from Airbrian, but that was unrelated to the game.

sounds like a problem with your connection hunter D because performance in the leagues has been perfect on my end. i know that doesn't personally do you much good, but i dont think this is a case of madden 09 where everyone is experiencing the same type of disconnects.

Mrbob

Hunter D do you want to try and get our game in tonight?

I've been messaging Ramirez the last three days on xbl and aim with no response. Don't know where he is! Probably playing Halo 3 still.

Hunter D

Mrbob said:
Hunter D do you want to try and get our game in tonight?

I've been messaging Ramirez the last three days on xbl and aim with no response. Don't know where he is! Probably playing Halo 3 still.
Yes.

Smokey

kirbybreezy said:
What happens if we don't get all our games in? It sims?

Then it will randomly pick the winner. I'll be keeping track though how many times certain teams have failed to play their week games...

Spurs/Hawks game has been reset.

CB3 said:
me and shawn just shot a combined 3/28 from 3-point range.

this is fun!

I dunno brah. I shoot 45% from 3pt land...

Then again I shoot them when I'm open most of the time so I dunno what's goin on over there!

Hunter D said:
Fuck this game. Six games played so far and only one completed.

Let me know if you're quitting, I'm waiting for a convenient perfect storm to allow me to sneak out the back door. Can't have an odd number of players...

EDIT - I feel ya CB, game was a big ol fashioned clusterfuck, glad I won though! :D

dont we have a dude that wanted in the league but couldn't get in because of the odd number?

sucks that you guys are hating the game when im finally liking it. oh well!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I really don't like the way the schedule is right now. Having five games open at one time is really odd. What is the timeline for getting all five games done? Because we usually went with four days per game last year.
I really want this league to survive, but with work so busy it hasn't been easy to get time to play my games.
I hope to have all of my first 5 done this weekend though.

daw840

Truelize said:
I really don't like the way the schedule is right now. Having five games open at one time is really odd. What is the timeline for getting all five games done? Because we usually went with four days per game last year.
I really want this league to survive, but with work so busy it hasn't been easy to get time to play my games.

Dude, he has been saying that the deadline is this saturday since last saturday. It's not like its been a secret.

Smokey

Truelize said:

it's one week...

2K decided to set it up differently this season. Last season you could have flexible scheduling or advance by game like we did last year.

This year they have it split up into weeks where a certain amount of your games are available for you to play. In our case since we have a 30 game season we have 6 weeks of games w/ 5 games per week.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey said:
it's one week...

2K decided to set it up differently this season. Last season you could have flexible scheduling or advance by game like we did last year.

This year they have it split up into weeks where a certain amount of your games are available for you to play. In our case since we have a 30 game season we have 6 weeks of games w/ 5 games per week.

5 games in a week is outta my range man. Honestly it is. When we were doing 4 days or even 3 per game we ran at a good pace.
I'm not sure if a week is a good enough time limit.

Smokey

Truelize said:
5 games in a week is outta my range man. Honestly it is. When we were doing 4 days or even 3 per game we ran at a good pace.
I'm not sure if a week is a good enough time limit.

k well you come up w/ a time limit and we'll go w/ it k?

i mean...i can't do anything about it that 2k changed their league setup...

Mrbob

If we can push back the timeline a little bit, I would appreciate it.

With all the games hitting, it is tough trying to get 5 games done in 7 days.

Hunter D and Ramirez, I'll be home around 5:30pm central time today if you want to play.

AirBrian

Yeah, I agree 5 games in a week is a bit much. I was able to get 4/5 games in this week, but it was pretty hard honestly. I think 5 in 10 days would be better?

Smokey

Okay fine...deadline is moved to Tuesday Nov 11...an extra 3 days but come Tuesday I'm 100% advancing the schedule..

everybody wins!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey said:
Okay fine...deadline is moved to Tuesday Nov 11...an extra 3 days but come Tuesday I'm 100% advancing the schedule..

everybody wins!

:lol Sorry dude. Not trying to make waves. But 5 games in 7 days is tough.

DMczaf

Ramirez said:
I had the Recon armor in Halo, it's been done a few times before by desperate nerds to other people who have it.

So is the person who hacked your account playing Gears of War 2 right now? WTF

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
WTF that is beyond fucked up and scary,sorry to hear about that Ram.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So I have a voice message I guess from this hacker,is it safe to open it and listen? :lol :(

Mrbob

So Ramirez...was that you who I talked too tonight about the recon armor thing or was it the guy who hacked your account?

Mrbob

Lol I chatted with this guy tonight I think.

He started rambling to me about recon armor, I was like wtf are you talking about I don't want it I don't even play halo anymore! I then asked him if we were going to play our nba2k game tonight since I thought it was ramirez, and he was like uhhhhhhhh uhhhhhhhhh I got some other things to do I'll get back to you.

I thought the private chat was odd!

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Lol I chatted with this guy tonight I think.

He started rambling to me about recon armor, I was like wtf are you talking about I don't want it I don't even play halo anymore! I then asked him if we were going to play our nba2k game tonight since I thought it was ramirez, and he was like uhhhhhhhh uhhhhhhhhh I got some other things to do I'll get back to you.

I thought the private chat was odd!

:lol :lol

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Truelize said:
:lol Sorry dude. Not trying to make waves. But 5 games in 7 days is tough.
True, wanna try getting our game in tonight after 8pm Eastern?

I might be on this afternoon during the kids' naptimes, but can't say for certain.

Mrbob

Since it is unlikely me and Ramirez will get our game in before then, what happens if the deadline hits and the game isn't done?

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
Since it is unlikely me and Ramirez will get our game in before then, what happens if the deadline hits and the game isn't done?

Then you get the loss. The hacker said he'll be back later, wait!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
anachronous_one said:
True, wanna try getting our game in tonight after 8pm Eastern?

I might be on this afternoon during the kids' naptimes, but can't say for certain.

That should work. I'm around now if you can play. I was supposed to play DCX in Madden but he is not answering my AIM messages so he might have gotten busy with his kids too.

So do you wanna play at 8est? Exactly?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Truelize said:
That should work. I'm around now if you can play. I was supposed to play DCX in Madden but he is not answering my AIM messages so he might have gotten busy with his kids too.

So do you wanna play at 8est? Exactly?
Eep, sorry I missed your message there, Truelize. Yeah, I should be able to play the game starting sometime between 8pm and 8:15pm.

BigAT

Mrbob said:

Same situation for me, I have all of my games done aside from the one with Hackedmirez.

Yo Smokey, Aka (GT: AkaBalla2k) is interested in taking over for me as the Lakers. Considering his passion to play is on par with my passion to sell this game; I figure it'd be a good replacement. I've tried giving the game more play, but it's just something that isn't clicking with me at all. Soooo.... please feel free to drop me and add him on to the league lineup.

Sorry again for bailing, but I didn't have a chance to fully examine the game (online issues in particular...) before I joined. I look forward to running with you guys next year. And hopefully you recognize the silver lining in the fact I've found a suitable replacement.

PS - The Rockets are going down tonight boyeeeee!! :D

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:
Yo Smokey, Aka (GT: AkaBalla2k) is interested in taking over for me as the Lakers. Considering his passion to play is on par with my passion to sell this game; I figure it'd be a good replacement. I've tired giving the game more play, but it's just something that isn't clicking with me at all. Soooo.... please feel free to drop me and add him on to the league lineup.

Sorry again for bailing, but I didn't have a chance to fully examine the game (online issues in particular...) before I joined. I look forward to running with you guys next year. And hopefully you recognize the silver lining in the fact I've found a suitable replacement.

PS - The Rockets are going down tonight boyeeeee!! :D

It's true, It's true

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130268135609

Top Bottom