• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

I've got DCX (Knicks), ecnal (Jazz), smokey (Rockets), daw (Nuggets), and Ramirez (76ers) this week

let me know when you guys can roll

Smokey

pheeniks i may be able to play tonight:

For week 2 I've got:

Cavs - Truelize ( 4-1)
Heat - Cerrius (5-0)
Suns - pheeniks (5-0)
Nuggets - daw (2-3)
Jazz - already played

4/5 of my games are with other opponents are in my division(Gold), and even the one that isn't, pheeniks, is #1 in the platinum division.

2/5 games are within my own division.

What I call a "test week".

BRING IT:D

Smokey said:
pheeniks i may be able to play tonight:

For week 2 I've got:

Cavs - Truelize ( 4-1)
Heat - Cerrius (5-0)
Suns - pheeniks (5-0)
Nuggets - daw (2-3)
Jazz - already played

4/5 of my games are with other opponents are in my division(Gold), and even the one that isn't, pheeniks, is #1 in the platinum division.

2/5 games are within my own division.

What I call a "test week".

alright, just let me know when. i assume after the rockets game?

daw840

I am around pretty much the rest of the day. If anyone wants a game, just let me know.

@ Orlando Magic
@ New York Knicks
@ Utah Jazz
@ Phoenix Suns
Houston Rockets

Smokey

pheeniks said:
alright, just let me know when. i assume after the rockets game?

Or maybe before...they play in phoenix at 930p central which means it won't be over until 11ish.

Can you play before the game...like around 8ish?

daw840 said:
I am around pretty much the rest of the day. If anyone wants a game, just let me know.

I could probably get a game in with you too if you'd want.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:

@ Orlando Magic
@ New York Knicks
@ Utah Jazz
@ Phoenix Suns
Houston Rockets
I can play now if you are around.

DCX

daw840

DCX said:
wife will be home...we might have to wait til after 9pm est then.

DCX

I can roll now if you want, otherwise we can do it later tonight.

Or I can play DM, I am getting on now. Whoever sends me an invite first wins. :p

edit: I am online now and waiting.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
I've got Portland Blazers, Los Angeles Clippers, New Orleans Hornets, Toronto Raptors, and @New Jersey Nets. I should be online after 8pm Eastern tonight. Let's get some games in!

ecnal

pheeniks said:
I've got DCX (Knicks), ecnal (Jazz), smokey (Rockets), daw (Nuggets), and Ramirez (76ers) this week

let me know when you guys can roll

i'll be on tomorrow from like 5pm PST till whenever if you can play then--otherwise we can do it over the coming weekend.

ecnal

Smokey said:
Jazz - already played

god, that was a pathetic game--i now realize how awful i am at the game.

you're easily the best 2K player i've ever seen/played against.

any pointers? my small selection of plays and pick-n-roll basketball seem to have worked fine till i ran into you. :lol :lol

daw840

Wow DM, that was FUCKING INTENSE. Carter misses a 5 FUCKING FOOT JUMPSHOT to win the game, un-fucking-believable. Then my guys can't hit anything in OT. I am sweating now:lol

Anyway, good game man. Down to the wire.

ecnal said:

any pointers? my small selection of plays and pick-n-roll basketball seem to have worked fine till i ran into you. :lol :lol
yeah, have a 7"6' guy in the middle blocking all them shots./rant/envy

To DCX and Smokey, I can't play until at the way earliest 9 PM CT. Until them I'm working at a recording session...

and when I get home I plan on neglecting GAF because I am recording heat/blazers and want to watch the game as though as if its in real time

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dm or bob i am around today after 5 pm pst if either of you can play. or whoever else is on my week 2 schedule!

You were chicken last night to play!

I might be home later tonight...maybe!

Barrett2

Hey guys, just picked this up on PS3. Even though im' not in your 'season,' feel free to add me if you want to scrimmage!

PSN: lawblob

daw840

lawblob said:
Hey guys, just picked this up on PS3. Even though im' not in your 'season,' feel free to add me if you want to scrimmage!

PSN: lawblob

Um....everyone here has this game on 360. Sorry.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Bulls, Rockets, Cavs, Hawks, Blazers up for a game right now?

Heat game starts at 8pm, I think I can squeeze 1 2K game in this hour.

Smokey

ecnal said:

Thank your for those kind words.

Pointers? K I'll try.

Everybody plays their own style but I have the select 10 plays that I've picked out of the Rockets playbook memorized and know which ones to use depending on the situation. You'd be surprised at the kind of open looks you'd get running some plays. That is...if you want to. Like I said everybody plays differently.

About the pick n roll...it honestly became predictable. I pretty much knew that was your go to play and I'm pretty good at stopping the pick and roll but you gotta mix it up a little.

Last thing I'd say for you is learn how to play manual defense. I approach a game differently depending on if my opponent plays man defense or CPU defense and I'll tell yeah it's easier to score IMO when the CPU is guarding you because afterall...it's still just A.I. and after playing for so long you soon learn what the CPU will do and will not..

A.I. can't substitute for the human brain..in most cases:lol

viakado said:
yeah, have a 7"6' guy in the middle blocking all them shots./rant/envy

Don't bring that weak ish in there! Better get a banger like LeBron or somebody and trust me...they'll rise right over Yao:lol

For those on my schedule...if you want to play I'll be on around 8p-830p to get a game in. Love to play before the Rockets come on..

daw840

Smokey, I don't quite know how you do what you do. But it's fucking frustrating as hell. I try to run plays and get open, but it never works. However, when you run your plays, your guys are WIDE open. Oh well, at least I won 2 games. That's more than I thought I would when I signed up for this league. Oh yeah, I will win at least 1 more if I play FMT. :p

Smokey

pistolpete2940 said:
Have they fixed the problems online with this game? I've been outta the loop for a while after my PS3 died.

Still working on patch for some of the more major problems (not being able to connect to players etc)

daw840 said:
Smokey, I don't quite know how you do what you do. But it's fucking frustrating as hell. I try to run plays and get open, but it never works. However, when you run your plays, your guys are WIDE open. Oh well, at least I won 2 games. That's more than I thought I would when I signed up for this league. Oh yeah, I will win at least 1 more if I play FMT. :p

Really good game man. Tied up going into 4th but that's where my coaching came in :)

Let TMAC and Yao sit on the bench and try and hold you off w/ my bench until they were ready. Fresh Yao came in and went to work with 3 consecutive buckets which pushed it out for me. Good game though man, I could tell you wanted to win that one.

Fairly close stats too:
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/game.cfm?l=11080&g=977336

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
ready?

DCX

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Man, I am B-Balled out. Maybe tomorrow. I have already played 2 games that were close that I lost, I don't think I can take anymore failure tonight. :(
i'm 0-5, you will win, trust me :/

DCX

gg dm. yeah you missed some open triples, so did i! i was trying to get my outside and midrange game going but nothing was falling unless it was mcgirk doing it.

4-2! i want YOU ROCKETS!

Top Bottom