• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Hunter D

I think you guys are going to have to replace me. My game just dropped for like the 10th time and right now I feel like I'm just ruining things for people.

umm.. i accidentally left the league in my poor attempt to figure out trades.
smokey send me an invite...i hate these sub menus :(
i can't find the league in the list of leagues.

Smokey

game reset.

viakado resending you invite.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg dm. yeah you missed some open triples, so did i! i was trying to get my outside and midrange game going but nothing was falling unless it was mcgirk doing it.

4-2! i want YOU ROCKETS!

O RLY?!

so when are players swapped in a trade? anyone know?
i already accepted the trade in-game. but in the main menu it shows i still have a pending trade.

i hate this game.:lol

Smokey

viakado said:
so when are players swapped in a trade? anyone know?
i already accepted the trade in-game. but in the main menu it shows i still have a pending trade.

i hate this game.:lol

did the other guy accept the trade? I think he has to accept it in game.

smokey you still on to play? i'm done after having my heart broken by rudy fernandez, which allows reilo to keep talking shit about the heat

i am going to cheese with stoudemire. i'm pissed

pffft, dont act like i didn't miss my share of layups either. if you took care of your business at the FT line you would have won!

p.s. bob when you see all your guys with Gatorade logos by them, its time to sub them out :lol that is part of the reasons a lot of your shots were missing

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius said:
since via kicked himself out of the league...

Bulls, Rockets, Cavs, Blazers up for a game now?

I can play on Friday night probably. Saturday night for sure and late Sunday afternoon and evening.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
viakado said:
throw in shaq or stoudmire and we'll resume our very strainful negotiations.

:lol

Viakado you are going way overboard with your desire to trade away your entire team. You are killing them. You can win with that team. Or you could with Bibby there. Not sure what you are trying to do.

Rabid manager!!! On the loose! :D

ecnal

Smokey said:
Thank your for those kind words.

Pointers? K I'll try.

Everybody plays their own style but I have the select 10 plays that I've picked out of the Rockets playbook memorized and know which ones to use depending on the situation. You'd be surprised at the kind of open looks you'd get running some plays. That is...if you want to. Like I said everybody plays differently.

About the pick n roll...it honestly became predictable. I pretty much knew that was your go to play and I'm pretty good at stopping the pick and roll but you gotta mix it up a little.

Last thing I'd say for you is learn how to play manual defense. I approach a game differently depending on if my opponent plays man defense or CPU defense and I'll tell yeah it's easier to score IMO when the CPU is guarding you because afterall...it's still just A.I. and after playing for so long you soon learn what the CPU will do and will not..

A.I. can't substitute for the human brain..in most cases:lol

i was running more set plays during my first few games this season, but, even given the open looks, i was consistently missing bunnies, which is why i moved to more pick-n-roll heavy offensive sets. i guess i need to practice shooting or something. im just still kind of lost as to, even the games i've won, how i miss so many open/uncontested shots.

i wanted to play more manual d, but it seemed like the CPU was handling situations better than i was. specifically when i would see what your play was going to do, i'd switch to the best suited player to attempt to intercept the pass, but on the player switch it seems like i'd run the wrong way or somehow stop completely before reacting--leaving your player even more wide open.

i need to learn how to run my offense in a composed and faultless manner like you do. either way, it was a good game and i can't complain about losing to, probably, the best player in the league. now that i'm at the low point of my season, there's only room to improve! :lol :lol

Truelize said:
:lol

Viakado you are going way overboard with your desire to trade away your entire team. You are killing them. You can win with that team. Or you could with Bibby there. Not sure what you are trying to do.

Rabid manager!!! On the loose! :D
im having equal fun in-game as i am negotiating trades!:lol

Smokey

pheeniks said:
everytime i try to get into the league lobby it freezes on: "Loading online roster. 100% Complete"

fuck

Did you download a new roster update lately?

If so, that's why.

You have to load the default roster as that is what the league is running on.

Smokey

BigAT said:
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/team.cfm?l=11080&t=22

Anyone have any idea why my game from yesterday against the Pistons isn't showing up for me on the standings? It shows me as 3-2 with 5 GP when I've played 6 and I'm 4-2. I thought it might have something to do with my automatic win against the 76ers, but I was listed as 3-2 before my game yesterday. The game has been properly applied to the Pistons' standings.

Did the home team send the challenge when you played?

It was doing this with the Nets and Jazz yesterday as well and it fixed itself later in the day.

BigAT

Smokey said:
Did the home team send the challenge when you played?

It was doing this with the Nets and Jazz yesterday as well and it fixed itself later in the day.

Yeah, the challenge was done properly. I don't know what the issue is, hopefully it'll just work itself out.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
I cannot shoot a 3-pointer with Chauncey to save my life in this league. I'm alright with him playing outside the league, online even, but there's something different. Not sure if it's sliders or the competition, or what ... last I looked, I'm shooting a single-digit percentage from three with him. :(

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
BigAT said:
Yeah, the challenge was done properly. I don't know what the issue is, hopefully it'll just work itself out.
Yeah, I had issued the challenge, as necessary, and AT won a CLOSE back and forth game. I love that the last two games I've played have been so competitive, but it sucks to be on the losing end of both! :)

BTW, does anyone in the league actually wear/use a headset? For the entire first round, I would wear my headset through the first quarter of each game, but no one seemed to be wearing or talking. True and I had a brief private chat but then he said, "Yeah, I'm gonna go, I can't play and listen to people at the same time ..." --- cold, even for a Canadian. :lol

AirBrian

Usually for league games, whether basketball or football, I never turn on the mic. Serious business! :lol But for scrimmages I always have it.

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
Yeah, I had issued the challenge, as necessary, and AT won a CLOSE back and forth game. I love that the last two games I've played have been so competitive, but it sucks to be on the losing end of both! :)

BTW, does anyone in the league actually wear/use a headset? For the entire first round, I would wear my headset through the first quarter of each game, but no one seemed to be wearing or talking. True and I had a brief private chat but then he said, "Yeah, I'm gonna go, I can't play and listen to people at the same time ..." --- cold, even for a Canadian. :lol

I don't wear a mic because I am highly competitive in sports game and I have a tendency to talk lots of trash:lol

Top Bottom