• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
for the new page...

my schedule this week

New York Knicks
Utah Jazz
Phoenix Suns
Denver Nuggets
Philadelphia 76ers

Smokey

1. HEAT (14-1)
  2. ROCKETS (15-1)
  3. BLAZERS (11-4)
  4. SUNS (11-4)
  5. MAVS (11-4)
  6. LAKERS (10-5)
  7. CAVS (10-5)
  8. NUGGETS (9-6)
  9. MAGIC (9-6)
  10. JAZZ (8-7)
  11. PISTONS (8-7)
  12. CLIPPERS (7-8)
  13. HAWKS (7-8)
  14. RAPTORS (7-8)
  15. SPURS (6-9)
  16. HORNETS (5-11)

---------------------
  17. BUCKS (4-11)
  18. BULLS (4-11)
  19. KNICKS (4-11)
  20. SIXERS (NO USER) (3-12)
  21. NETS (3-12)
  22. BOBCATS (0-15)

ecnal

very gg viakado...

you almost put me away in the 1st quarter. i haven't played in a week and it took me 3 quarters to get back into a grove lol

ecnal

Cerrius said:

gg.

how did beasley always leak out for a wide open shot on the fast break?

are you manually selecting him and running down the court? seemed like a bunch of times he was all the way down the opposite side of court with the next closest players @ half court.

strikeselect

ecnal said:
gg.

how did beasley always leak out for a wide open shot on the fast break?

are you manually selecting him and running down the court? seemed like a bunch of times he was all the way down the opposite side of court with the next closest players @ half court.

I have my fastbreak slider turned to max along with my offensive tempo.

Beasley's always the first guy on the break down court and I have his release down pat so I can nail the threes with relative ease. :D

also, his post game is BEASTly. I can abuse smaller SFs in the paint or I can take bigger PFs off the dribble and drive into the paint.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey we should probably shoot for saturday unless you're going to be around tonight after 10 pm pst. let me know!

play me at 10 whore

ok cb, i should be able to play. i cant guarantee it though! ill post here around that time!

p.s. smokey, saturday it is then! probably in the afternoon if thats ok?

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ok cb, i should be able to play. i cant guarantee it though! ill post here around that time!

p.s. smokey, saturday it is then! probably in the afternoon if thats ok?

should be good. ill post here if not.

Hunter D

Smokey please reset my game with the bucks. Got off to a great start and get a disconnect. Why doesn't this happen when I'm getting run on? God is truly cruel.

Think I'll go play counterstrike source which I play all last night with no problems.

Smokey

Hunter D said:
Smokey please reset my game with the bucks. Got off to a great start and get a disconnect. Why doesn't this happen when I'm getting run on? God is truly cruel.

i reset it.

u need to get that looked at.

strikeselect

checking my remaining games... sixers have no owner? lame.

so, Knicks (DCX) and Nuggets (daw) are left on my schedule.

Let me know when you guys are available to play.

Hunter D

Smokey said:
i reset it.

u need to get that looked at.
I've had verizon techs in my house test it out and they said there was no problem. The only other thing I can do is get the governing body of Engineers to come in and measure my distance from the dsl hub.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
CB i'm ready to go. meet me in the lobby (or anyone else who i play if CB doesn't make it!)

im playing daw. when im done ill play you

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Regarding the Nuggets/Lakers game that took place this evening. When I look online it looks like DarkQberto went well over the P.I.P. limit. therefore gets a default loss in this game.
Unless Aka wants to come in here and tell me why I shouldn't do this.

I went over the limit in one of our seasons of 2k8 last year by 8 points and took the loss and it wound up keeping me out of the playoffs.

Rules are rules.

what if he scored 18 second chance points though? i dont see it in the box score.

also, PIP should be a percentage, not a set limit. what you're saying is that if there is a game that ends 62-61, and someone scores 50 of those 62 points in the paint, it's ok. but if the final score were 121-120, but the winner had 55 points in the paint, he gets the loss? it just doesn't make sense. it should be relative to the final score, not a set limit.

the point in monitoring that is to prevent paint cheese but it can still be had so long as its a low scoring game. change the rule or just go by the honor system i say!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what if he scored 18 second chance points though? i dont see it in the box score.

also, PIP should be a percentage, not a set limit. what you're saying is that if there is a game that ends 62-61, and someone scores 50 of those 62 points in the paint, it's ok. but if the final score were 121-120, but the winner had 55 points in the paint, he gets the loss? it just doesn't make sense. it should be relative to the final score, not a set limit.

the point in monitoring that is to prevent paint cheese but it can still be had so long as its a low scoring game. change the rule or just go by the honor system i say!

Rule is 50 PIP.

Here's the deal. I'm trying to figure out if the total PIP that you see on the site includes 2nd chance points. You can see that fastbreak points are not counted because they have their own category. I'm not sure on 2nd chance though.

If I strictly go by what the website says then it's very easy to monitor PIP and not have to think about 2nd chance points. Just look at PIP see if it's less than 50 and move on.

Truelize said:
Regarding the Nuggets/Lakers game that took place this evening. When I look online it looks like DarkQberto went well over the P.I.P. limit. therefore gets a default loss in this game.
Unless Aka wants to come in here and tell me why I shouldn't do this.

I went over the limit in one of our seasons of 2k8 last year by 8 points and took the loss and it wound up keeping me out of the playoffs.

Rules are rules.
wow that sucks. i'd agree with you that rules are rules, and you should be given the win, but FMT has a valid point. we can certainly agree the 50 pip barrier is a rule to prevent cheesing, but definitely it could be improved upon. For i.e., you can win with your score around 65points and have a total of 50PIP where over 75% of your basket is from the paint. That in my book is borderline exploit/cheesing.
I belive the PIP limit should be relative to the final score(dynamic relativity). What if we change up the rule where a total number of PIP cannot exceed more than 40% of your total score. Of course you'll have to subtract 2nd chance points.
what do y'all think?

ecnal

viakado said:
wow that sucks. i'd agree with you that rules are rules, and you should be given the win, but FMT has a valid point. we can certainly agree the 50 pip barrier is a rule to prevent cheesing, but definitely it could be improved upon. For i.e., you can win with your score around 65points and have a total of 50PIP where over 75% of your basket is from the paint. That in my book is borderline exploit/cheesing.
I belive the PIP limit should be relative to the final score(dynamic relativity). What if we change up the rule where a total number of PIP cannot exceed more than 40% of your total score. Of course you'll have to subtract 2nd chance points.
what do y'all think?

in our last game you had ~73% of your points in the paint... :lol

but seriously, i think it has to be dynamic, but at what percentage?

on a side note, sorry bout that fivering--i was afk. we'll play later.

Top Bottom