• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

ecnal said:
in our last game you had ~73% of your points in the paint... :lol

but seriously, i think it has to be dynamic, but at what percentage?

on a side note, sorry bout that fivering--i was afk. we'll play later.
that 73% doesn't take account 2nd chance points. even if you factor in 2nd chance points thats in the ball park between 50-60%. And you felt i wasn't cheesing right?
i wouldn't even know what a fair % would be without being considered cheesing/exploiting.

ecnal

viakado said:
that 73% doesn't take account 2nd chance points. even if you factor in 2nd chance points thats in the ball park between 50-60%. And you felt i wasn't cheesing right?
i wouldn't even know what a fair % would be without being considered cheesing/exploiting.

lol no, i didn't think there was anything cheesy about our game--it could have been more balanced by you though.

i was just pointing out that you were suggesting ~70+ percent would be cheese and you just had ~70% points in the paint (i realize that it doesn't count 2nd chance points, which still leaves you around ~60%).

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
what if he scored 18 second chance points though? i dont see it in the box score.

also, PIP should be a percentage, not a set limit. what you're saying is that if there is a game that ends 62-61, and someone scores 50 of those 62 points in the paint, it's ok. but if the final score were 121-120, but the winner had 55 points in the paint, he gets the loss? it just doesn't make sense. it should be relative to the final score, not a set limit.

the point in monitoring that is to prevent paint cheese but it can still be had so long as its a low scoring game. change the rule or just go by the honor system i say!

Not saying the rule is perfect. But the rules exists as is right now. Over 50 PIP excluding second chance points and fast breaks. I'm sure he went over the limit because Aka actually asked why he was still in the league if this is how he always plays. I haven't played DarkQberto this year but I don't think its an issue.
Like I said, I went over the limit last season and missed the playoffs because of it. My opponent wasn't even aware that I broke the limit. I pointed it out to him. He took the win.

Aka gets the win with this game, but Smokey and I are talking about what we can do to tighten up some of the play in the league especially the points in the paint.
Nothing will change this week though. We both agreed that we don't like to change rules mid week.

Play on.

DiddyBop

on second thougth,i checked his last few games and hes been pretty good,especially with the bucks, but 60+ pip is a bit much. but i guess it depends on what the fast break pts were.

and trulelize and smokey if you guys are going to work on a solution,please dont involve sliders since if you lower low post success,our avg players in the 60s and 70s will start blowing damn near wide open layups.

Smokey

DiddyBop said:
on second thougth,i checked his last few games and hes been pretty good,especially with the bucks, but 60+ pip is a bit much. but i guess it depends on what the fast break pts were.

and trulelize and smokey if you guys are going to work on a solution,please dont involve sliders since if you lower low post success,our avg players in the 60s and 70s will start blowing damn near wide open layups.

nothing with sliders will be changed. just general rules stuff.

pheeniks said:
Daw is a good guy, when I played him I didn't get the sense that he was trying to use exploits...
same here, when i played daw, it didn't seem like he was exploiting. just scoring wherever he can. Just proof positive the positive the 50 PIP rule can and should be tweaked.

Smokey

viakado said:
same here, when i played daw, it didn't seem like he was exploiting. just scoring wherever he can. Just proof positive the positive the 50 PIP rule can and should be tweaked.

nobody's saying he's a bad guy or anything.

AkaBalla

Guys he scored 46 PIP at the half...

I changed to a 2-3 zone after halftime to try to limit the PIP, i shouldn't have done that considering all he did was nail 3's..

Look at his shot log and shot chart.. If you guys think shooting in the paint and from downtown only is cool then there's something wrong with you.

Just take a look and talk about it then.

Edit: Nevermind, the game was reset and simmed in my favor, so we cant see the shot charts nor team stats.. he finished with 66 PIP out of 110 points.. But dont forget the 46 PIP at the half when he had 64 total points..

If i didnt change to a zone who knows what he would have accomplished..

That game was trash..

ecnal

AkaBalla said:
Guys he scored 46 PIP at the half...

I changed to a 2-3 zone after halftime to try to limit the PIP, i shouldn't have done that considering all he did was nail 3's..

Look at his shot log and shot chart.. If you guys think shooting in the paint and from downtown only is cool then there's something wrong with you.

Just take a look and talk about it then.

Edit: Nevermind, the game was reset and simmed in my favor, so we cant see the shot charts nor team stats.. he finished with 66 PIP out of 110 points.. But dont forget the 46 PIP at the half when he had 64 total points..

If i didnt change to a zone who knows what he would have accomplished..

That game was trash..

look at his shot chart vs the heat. 4 mid range jumpers out of 88 shots--everything else was a 3 (or attempted 3) or in the paint.

this is exactly what i experienced with him as well. chuck 3's or go into un-blockable dunk animations with melo/smith.

this isn't to say that he's a bad guy, and my real only concern is that the league is supposed to be a 'sim' league, which is totally lost when a person is literally only shooting 3s and dunks/layups/bunnies.

AkaBalla

ecnal said:
look at his shot chart vs the heat. 4 mid range jumpers out of 88 shots--everything else was a 3 or in the paint.

this is exactly what i experienced with him as well. chuck 3's or go into un-blockable dunk animations with melo/smith.

this isn't to say that he's a bad guy, and my real only concern is that the league is supposed to be a 'sim' league, which is totally lost when a person is literally only shooting 3s and dunks/layups/bunnies.

Exactly.. No shots at Daw... But change ur game up sonny boy..

3's and dunks all game is whack...

BigAT

@ Portland Blazers
@ Los Angeles Clippers
@ New Orleans Hornets
@ Houston Rockets
New Jersey Nets

Anyone around?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
AkaBalla said:
Lakers are sitting in the lobby for the next 1/2 hour...

Ahem Suns, Spurs and Bobcats
I [Boobcats] am available this weekend in the mornings. May be free tonight around 930 EST but doubtful. AIM=Magnoggin.

Smokey

Zep is now the owner of the Sixers. So we have a full league again.
----

1. HEAT (14-1)
  2. ROCKETS (15-1)
  3. BLAZERS (11-4)
  4. SUNS (11-4)
  5. MAVS (11-4)
  6. LAKERS (10-5)
  7. CAVS (10-5)
  8. NUGGETS (9-6)
  9. MAGIC (9-6)
  10. JAZZ (8-7)
  11. PISTONS (8-7)
  12. CLIPPERS (7-8)
  13. HAWKS (7-8)
  14. RAPTORS (7-8)
  15. SPURS (6-9)
  16. HORNETS (5-11)

---------------------
  17. BUCKS (4-11)
  18. BULLS (4-11)
  19. KNICKS (4-11)
  20. SIXERS (3-12)
  21. NETS (3-12)
  22. BOBCATS (0-15)

give him some leeway though. i dont remember him doing previous leagues...as i recall i had a hard time finding shots that weren't threes or in the paint

actually...that's still my offense, basically :lol

my mid range game would be horrible if it weren't for mcgirk and stackhouse.

the problem with mid range is i can never get an uncontested shot unless it's with stackhouse (his release is so quick). and with dirk it doesn't matter if there is a defender or not, i just shoot over and doesn't affect it.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
my mid range game would be horrible if it weren't for mcgirk and stackhouse.

the problem with mid range is i can never get an uncontested shot unless it's with stackhouse (his release is so quick). and with dirk it doesn't matter if there is a defender or not, i just shoot over and doesn't affect it.

if i can get a mid range jumper with iverson (all 6 ft of him) im pretty sure you got people on your squad who can shoot it too :)

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Zep said:
we can go now..

gg dude.

worst offensive game I've had with Wade, definitely an off game for him. Luckily, Beasley picked up the slack in a big way and Big Daddy Magloire dominated the boards with 16 :D

when does beasley ever NOT pick up the slack? the fucker doesn't miss

i'm also playing like the real life suns. i don't know if i'm a halfcourt team or a running team. fuck!!!

Zep

Banned
Yep good game. Lag was on my end, Verizon was doing some work around my house. Gotta figure out why Thaddeus blows in this game :-/

And whats the rules on running? If its a semi-long rebound can I break out and run like Philly does tries to in real life? Not just grab a board and chuck it down court, that's cheeser shit...But run the middle of the court with either Iggy or Thad or Miller and have my wings on the side? Any objection to that style?

And it won't be every time, of course...That would be boring. Just when the opportunity presents itself.

Zep said:
Yep good game. Lag was on my end, Verizon was doing some work around my house. Gotta figure out why Thaddeus blows in this game :-/

And whats the rules on running? If its a semi-long rebound can I break out and run like Philly does tries to in real life? Not just grab a board and chuck it down court, that's cheeser shit...But run the middle of the court with either Iggy or Thad or Miller and have my wings on the side? Any objection to that style?

And it won't be every time, of course...That would be boring. Just when the opportunity presents itself.

that sounds fine
just look at what cerrius does. rebounds, and somehow 1 second lter beasley and james jones are on the wings...and they never miss

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
New Jersey Nets
Orlando Magic
New York Knicks
Phoenix Suns

im around tonight after 6pm PST if any of you wanna play.
same. I can play some games tonight. So between Cerrius and you, i should be busy :D

DCX

look at the stats buddy! i rarely post up dirk. all you have to do is get him the ball and it doesn't matter if he's covered or not he can shoot over anyone. dont be mad that you can't do it with midget paul! and i already took care of you!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you can't hurt him.... nor stop him! who is your PF anyways?

for tomorrow's game it will probably be ron ron.

1. alston
2. iverson.
3. tracy.
4. artest.
5. yao

dirk won't get more than 12 pts

and i have my other defensive adjustments in mind like i do before every game, it'll be interesting to see how you react:D

Top Bottom