• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Zep said:
Yep good game. Lag was on my end, Verizon was doing some work around my house. Gotta figure out why Thaddeus blows in this game :-/

And whats the rules on running? If its a semi-long rebound can I break out and run like Philly does tries to in real life? Not just grab a board and chuck it down court, that's cheeser shit...But run the middle of the court with either Iggy or Thad or Miller and have my wings on the side? Any objection to that style?

And it won't be every time, of course...That would be boring. Just when the opportunity presents itself.

Throwing outlet passes aren't a big issue this year. You don't get many opportunities that aren't realistic.
Against me if you shoot a three and miss, the player that was guarding your shooter is long gone. Which is exactly how fast breaks work.
In games past it was the long distance passes after free throws that were ridiculous. I haven't seen that yet this year.

yeah but what does that have to do with anything? you should change your perscription every 2 years at least! plus im out of contacts as well. let me live my life!

p.s. you're lucky i already "played" the sixers, or i would destroy you

Zep

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. you're lucky i already "played" the sixers, or i would destroy you

billy_dennis.jpg

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey what should i be looking for on the router as far as open ports or whatever?

you can try and put your 360 in the dmz on your router. if you go to the network settings it should say the ip of your 360. when you access your router put that IP in the dmz. This allows your 360 to be open to all incoming traffic. that's what i have mine on.

if that doesn't work then i dunno what's going on.

Look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i use wireless though, would that have any different effect?

i'm on wireless too.

this is the first time so far though that i've ran into a connection problem.

sucks too i was looking forward to playing the mavs

gg smokey. that last inbounds pass was fucking garbage though, give me a fucking break dude. first yao ming is essentially unstoppable on offense and then he makes an incredible deflection on an inbounds play? meh.

but thats not why i lost. poor D on AI in the 2nd half and not getting mcgirk enough touches. see you in the playoffs my friend!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg smokey. that last inbounds pass was fucking garbage though, give me a fucking break dude. first yao ming is essentially unstoppable on offense and then he makes an incredible deflection on an inbounds play? meh.

but thats not why i lost. poor D on AI in the 2nd half and not getting mcgirk enough touches. see you in the playoffs my friend!

yeah gg.

i got lucky on that tip by yao not even gonna lie. What got me that win was that steal on that pick and roll on the 2nd to last play of the game. I knew you were going to try and get Dirk the ball to get the final shot and I happen to read it and got a tip which let a.i. get the dunk on the fast break w/ 12 secs left. But if Artest didn't hit that bold 3 to tie the game at 69 w/ like a minute left I dunno if I would've won.

I could never get into any kind of rhythm the entire game. My strategy of assigning Yao to Dirk to make it tougher for him to get a shot seemed to work a bit, although you could've easily went around Yao as he's pretty slow but it was a risk I was willing to take.

It seemed like I couldn't hit shit with anybody especially TMAC. I was trying to shoot all kind of jumpshots with him and nothing was falling, and I missed some key FTs down the stretch. Could never get into a rhythm with anything.

Still won though as the ball happened to bounce my way a few key times towards the end, but I wouldn't of been shocked if I lost:lol

Amazing how we even went into OT and still manged to stay below the 50 PIP rule..

stackhouse kept me in the game a bit. i dont know if its the camera angle or what, but for some reason he is the only player who i can get a quick shot off with using a screen. if i use terry his release is so fucking slow it gets blocked.

p.s. those charging calls were weak! i was just trying to go BACK or get away from the guy and here comes the floppin! give me a break refs, mcgirk wasn't trying to hurt nobody!

also, does anyone know what triggers a play not to run? i use my plays with the play art included to know where my guys should go, but sometimes i stand on the circle for it to initiate and nothing happens! then the shot clock gets down into 10 and im fucked and have to wing it. doesn't happen always but its kind of annoying, maybe its something im doing wrong

DiddyBop

gg cloudy, you're a better player thank your record shows. that run you made at the beginning of that game is what killed me,i had no idea how i let that happen:lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I messed with my router a bit after a horrible game against the Jazz tonight. Lag was so all over the place I air-balled 4 or 5 threes and several other shots. It was sad.

I played a game against DCX after the router touch ups and it was the smoothest game I've played when I host. I don't really know if I changed anything or if it was just in my head but when I was in the menus and such it was a lot quicker. And isomotion seemed to respond a bit better, as did free throws.

Hopefully I'm in a better situation now.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DiddyBop said:
crawford lookin like jordan out there,mercyyy.

He was unstoppable man. DCX did a great job finding him the correct shots. My defense was really good in the second half on everyone but him. I had a slight lead at half and went on a really big run to start the 3rd quarter and never looked back.

DCX sent me a message after our game that he is done with this game though. I hope he isn't but I understand what it's like being frustrated.

Top Bottom