• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
one of my 3 fucking guards didnt get up the floor after that RJ Dunk to leave Ben Gordon wide open. awful

AirBrian

Yeah, I was wondering how he was so wide open. Honestly, he had his back to the basket when he got the ball so I thought for sure he'd miss it since he always does when like that.

Smokey

Round 1
Jazz v. Clippers
Suns v. Blazers

Round 2
Lakers v. Pistons
Jazz v. Hornets

Round 3
Heat v. Mavs
Lakers v. Bucks
Pistons v. Bulls

Round 4
Bucks v. Bulls -
Rockets v. Lakers
Pistons v. Heat
Spurs v. Blazers
Cavs v. Mavs

Round 5
Magic v. Jazz
Pistons v. Cavs
Mavs v. Hawks

Mrbob

How do the playoffs work? It is by conference right? I get confused because smokey posts the playoff spots from everyone when the 2k website breaks it up into conferences.

viak you around? if we start in the next 5 mins i can play, otherwise it will have to be at 9 pst.

sorry i didn't respond earlier, i was playing aka

p.s. and speaking of WTF! it was a back and forth game between me and aka and then in the 4th i probably missed 5 or 6 point blank layups, and that's not even counting the misses i had and then the put back attempts which also rim out. some of my guys had the gatorade underneath but come on you can't just fucking dunk the ball dampier you piece of shit thats why i dont run set plays for you!

oh well, the only reason i was in the game is because showbe was ice cold from outside!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
viak you around? if we start in the next 5 mins i can play, otherwise it will have to be at 9 pst.

sorry i didn't respond earlier, i was playing aka

p.s. and speaking of WTF! it was a back and forth game between me and aka and then in the 4th i probably missed 5 or 6 point blank layups, and that's not even counting the misses i had and then the put back attempts which also rim out. some of my guys had the gatorade underneath but come on you can't just fucking dunk the ball dampier you piece of shit thats why i dont run set plays for you!

oh well, the only reason i was in the game is because showbe was ice cold from outside!
im in lobby.

Mrbob

DCX said:
watching lost season 7.

DCX

Whoa. Are you from the future from the mythical lost season which doesn't exist and never will unless abc is so creatively bankrupt they bring it back? Sign me up! :D

daw840

Hey guys,

I just moved cross country and both of my xbox's and all of my games are packed away right now. They won't be here until saturday, so anyone who needs to play me will have to bear with me for a little bit. I don't have anything right now. Furthermore, when I get my stuff out of the moving truck I will need to set up very specific times to play as I will have to go to a friends house to play my games. Sorry for the hassle, but moving sucks. :(

holy shit all my good fortune and good play in the first half of the season is slowly going away. lost another close game, i just can't seem to get the right play call or make the big shot when the game is tight.

ugh, gg's though viak and aka

FrenchMovieTheme said:
holy shit all my good fortune and good play in the first half of the season is slowly going away. lost another close game, i just can't seem to get the right play call or make the big shot when the game is tight.

when gump got that fucking offensive rebound late in the game, i thought you had me. my chest was pounding with anxiety. i kept screaming at the damn tv. best game of the season for me, whether it was a loss or a win.:D

Smokey

Mrbob said:
How do the playoffs work? It is by conference right? I get confused because smokey posts the playoff spots from everyone when the 2k website breaks it up into conferences.

Yeah they work by conferences. I just post the overall standings, but you can view your standing in the conference on the league website. Also looks like w/ my 2 wins tonight that I'm the first in the league to clinch a divison:D

GG cloudy & aka.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Damn..you're on a 3 game losing streak and kado is on a 4 game win streak. He COULD sneak in and take the conference from you...but you do have a 1 game lead on him.

DCX

DCX
The game gimped me. Missed layups and Peja took people off the dribble and powered to the basket with a finish, there's your alternate universe right there.

DCX

Mrbob

Oh and its probably a good thing you missed some layups, since you scored 56 in the paint and only 4 on second chance so you were over the limit. :p

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Oh and its probably a good thing you missed some layups, since you scored 56 in the paint and only 4 on second chance so you were over the limit. :p
14 fastbreak points.

DCX

Mrbob

I thought those don't count??

I thought it was PiP - 2nd chance.

Who knows though I'm confused by the damn rule it would be nice to have some clarification again. :lol

Yeah it is in the original post:

50 points in paint is MAX for a game. Points in Paint - 2nd chance points = total points in paint. This is plenty. Now that 2K9 actually has a mid-range game this really shouldn't be too much of an issue.

DCX

DCX
Fuck the rule, the game went into OT for fucks sake, i'm aiming for 100 points in the paint my next game ya hear!

DCX

DCX said:
Fuck the rule, the game went into OT for fucks sake, i'm aiming for 100 points in the paint my next game ya hear!

DCX
support for a dynamic PIP! call your congressman, call your senators! We want change! Time for change. Yes we can!

support for a dynamic PIP! call your congressman, call your senators! We want change! Time for change. Yes we can!

preach on brother!

well, i got a bit more distance by beating truelize again. how did i do it? mcgirk had 36 points. he's averaging 21 or so, the extra points are the difference, everyone else performs as they always do.

lebron is literally unstoppable in this game if he gets a head of steam to the basket. i guess that's just like real life but damn if the game was closer i would have been in trouble in the 2nd half.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Man. I can't get a break when I challenge. I even lost my router too. But I'm shooting freakin airballs with everyone. Especially with Bron. I can see the lag at the free throw line, I'll release the stick quite early and miss with a "Too Late - Bad shot" message.

Either it's still a connection issue (I've never really noticed it if my opponent hosts) or my right analog is broken.

I'm pretty sure it's lag though I couldn't switch defender, jump for blocks or even do an isomotion move. I bet I shot 10 airballs if you include the layups that turned into shots into the side of the backboard.

I love 2k netcode. 2k hates Calgary

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well, i got a bit more distance by beating truelize again. how did i do it? mcgirk had 36 points. he's averaging 21 or so, the extra points are the difference, everyone else performs as they always do.

lebron is literally unstoppable in this game if he gets a head of steam to the basket. i guess that's just like real life but damn if the game was closer i would have been in trouble in the 2nd half.

That game was never close man. Not once. You had nothing to worry about. Your team plays such tight defense I have a hard time even finding a shot. I think next time I'm just gonna put Bron at the point so I can go at you. Not sure it would actually work if I'm shooting airballs though. Yuck.

Smokey

gg dcx, i think i have now found a 5th scorer in Alston. Also ya boy crawford needs some help over there.

also i guess the home team doesn't necessarily have to challenge anymore. cloudy challenged me and i accepted and i was home team, and everything was fine.

i didn't have much lag on my end, just the normal stuff. the game obviously isn't the same offline as it is online, but since i only play online league games im used to the timing. i dont know if there is additional lag for you though, if so that would make outside shooting tough!

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
gg dcx, i think i have now found a 5th scorer in Alston. Also ya boy crawford needs some help over there.

also i guess the home team doesn't necessarily have to challenge anymore. cloudy challenged me and i accepted and i was home team, and everything was fine.
He does need help, but right now i'm playing for stats, i can't win, Crawford will and does get tired then the team falls apart.

DCX

AirBrian

Texas weather is crazy! Yesterday it was literally 75 F, and it just took me about 2 hours to get home from a friends house 15 miles away because every road in Dallas is iced over.

FMT, you around?

holy shit i thought i got beaten badly, konex got pwned :lol :lol

anyways, i suck at this game right now. i'm trying to figure out how to use my team most efficiently

i'm also trying to stop jumping on defense lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i didn't have much lag on my end, just the normal stuff. the game obviously isn't the same offline as it is online, but since i only play online league games im used to the timing. i dont know if there is additional lag for you though, if so that would make outside shooting tough!

Outside shooting? Didn't you see me airball shots from the elbow? Or five feet out from the hoop on the baseline? It's pretty hard to make your players shoot airballs offline. Really hard actually.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
As the Boobcats, relaible outside shooting stops at a layup. I will put my quota of outside shooting attempts in, but it will be purely for show. The timing online makes this problem worse.

Mrbob

Knicks, Jazz, Suns, Nuggets, Sixers....might be able to get a game in tonight after 9PM central if any of my opponents can play.

Top Bottom