• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DCX said:
I have always been poor on defense. In Madden and NCAA. Good enough to beat Luke every other year though ;)

Sounds great! Lets see how Madden online stacks up.

DCX

Not sure how it can stack up. This info has some insane stuff in it, just the creating of conferences.

No word on if it's limited to 12 players, but my hope is with the mention of 16 team conferences... :D

LukeSmith

DCX said:
I have always been poor on defense. In Madden and NCAA. Good enough to beat Luke every other year though ;)

Sounds great! Lets see how Madden online stacks up.

DCX

I can't wait to see who else joins the Big 10 this year, MrBob as Wisconsin will be joyous

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Not sure how it can stack up. This info has some insane stuff in it, just the creating of conferences.

No word on if it's limited to 12 players, but my hope is with the mention of 16 team conferences... :D

Alabama to the Pac-12
Notre Dame to the Big 10

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
It is my goal to make sure Michigan football is a joke in NCAA 12 just like real life.

I'm going to have 2 years (hopefully) of the cheesiest player in NCAA (and possibly sports gaming) history

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LukeSmith said:
Alabama to the Pac-12
Notre Dame to the Big 10

check out that video, with it's sweet "protected rivalries"

Put in the effort before the start of the dynasty, and make up an "uber" conference of ourselves, as well as make another 1 or 2 uber conferences of whatever power teams we feel like.

Or the part about redesigning the layout of the bowl games (conference tie-ins, and so forth) No more Sugar Bowl of just myself and West Virginia/Boise State year after year!

anyone understand the meaning behind this "weekday game" thing? Trying to think what it might be used for.

BigAT

LukeSmith said:
I'm going to have 2 years (hopefully) of the cheesiest player in NCAA (and possibly sports gaming) history
C'mon.

Lonestar said:
anyone understand the meaning behind this "weekday game" thing? Trying to think what it might be used for.
I feel like they used that just to demonstrate the absurd degree of customization. There's no real difference between playing on a Thursday or playing on Saturday in-game.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
And i have one year :/ I need to learn how to be a good recruiter lol

DCX

Lonestar said:
Put in the effort before the start of the dynasty, and make up an "uber" conference of ourselves, as well as make another 1 or 2 uber conferences of whatever power teams we feel like.

Depending on how many slots are available in dynasty (hopefully at least 16), you could split into two "uber" conferences and that way have a more likely player vs player final bowl game?

McNei1y

By watching that video and reading that article I really want to be in the Dynasty this year (if Madden is lame).

Seems like such a better mode.

Rorschach

Rather than have to play the AI when I get home, I can play the game from my work PC -- pick plays and even sub in players. I can watch the on-screen dots (it looks like when you watch a football game on summary on ESPN.com) move down the field during conference calls and make progress for my Dynasty. The league commissioner can even advance the week via the web this year.
This will be in Madden in 5 years if they don't scrap online leagues by then.

Rorschach

Offense isn't really my thing. I'd start out as a DBs coach, then DC, then I'd hit the bottle pretty hard and lose my job. After a few years, I'd make my comeback as a DL coach for a small school and then I'd be a DC again only to get hospitalized for stress induced health conditions and sidelined from the sideline for an undetermined amount of time. That'd be the life.

Striker

Rorschach said:
Offense isn't really my thing. I'd start out as a DBs coach, then DC, then I'd hit the bottle pretty hard and lose my job. After a few years, I'd make my comeback as a DL coach for a small school and then I'd be a DC again only to get hospitalized for stress induced health conditions and sidelined from the sideline for an undetermined amount of time. That'd be the life.
2nv6nox.jpg

Mrbob

LukeSmith said:

We'll have a battle of the half back swing passes and see who wins!

Ramirez

Man, it's going to look ridiculous on the Madden team if they phone it in this year when looking at everything the NCAA team is doing. Remember when the NCAA game was basically last years Madden? heh

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah we're not letting bob in. If you guys think waiting for AZ last year was bad. We havent seen anything yet...

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
I can't wait to see who else joins the Big 10 this year, MrBob as Wisconsin will be joyous

Is Penn State available? I guess I should show some love to my home state and take the Nittany Lions to a bowl game or two. Or at the very least put a bounty on the Wolverines' golden boy.

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
Is Penn State available? I guess I should show some love to my home state and take the Nittany Lions to a bowl game or two. Or at the very least put a bounty on the Wolverines' golden boy.

Yeah, Penn State was a CPU team last year. They still beat DCX tho

CB3

LukeSmith said:
Yeah, Penn State was a CPU team last year. They still beat DCX tho
But Luke , he won that first season remember? It justifies his next 6 seasons as a failure

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
But Luke , he won that first season remember? It justifies his next 6 seasons as a failure
I don't give a shit..your trolls mean nothing to me...i went undefeated and won a championship with stock NCAA rosters. I went through the motions the last few seasons, i really didn't care.

I was in way to many leagues, i have learned my lesson and will stay to my core leagues.
My failures as GM also meant i knocked you and Wellie out of the playoffs...a bum ass player like me smh

DCX

DCX said:
I don't give a shit..your trolls mean nothing to me...i went undefeated and won a championship with stock NCAA rosters. I went through the motions the last few seasons, i really didn't care.

I was in way to many leagues, i have learned my lesson and will stay to my core leagues.
My failures as GM also meant i knocked you and Wellie out of the playoffs...a bum ass player like me smh

DCX
I was actually excited when you joined our league.

Disappointment total.

CB3

DCX said:

DCX

i love the "i wasnt really trying excuse" that one is always good.

Go ahead and mention the ONE time you beat me. i bet you celebrated that. Its harder for me to bring up specific memories of beating you since they were usually frequent and forgettable.

DCX said:
I was excited when you joined our league, then you got booted :/

DCX
I hit that GAF Madden League glass ceiling man, it was a major realization for me. On a positive note I lasted long enough to bestow a few of my more basic defensive schemes to you :)

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
i love the "i wasnt really trying excuse" that one is always good.

Go ahead and mention the ONE time you beat me. i bet you celebrated that. Its harder for me to bring up specific memories of beating you since they were usually frequent and forgettable.
Thats just it, you are sooooo much better than me than i should NEVER beat you at anything brosef. Except in 2k, which i win more than i lose.

DCX

DMczaf

http://blog.myleaguemanager.net/index.cfm/2011/5/19/Madden-NFL--12-HandsOn-Impressions

During my week in Orlando visiting EA Tiburon studio, I, along with other members of the Madden community, had the opportunity to get extensive play time on Madden NFL 12. At the end of the week, we each tallied up around 30 hours of play time amongst the different modes and features, Derek and I focused on game play improvements as well as offline "Franchise" mode. Now that Josh Looman has released the offline franchise improvements, I would like to take a little closer look at some of the new gameplay improvements as well as the offline franchise additions. In the following few passages I will go into further detail on the upgrades that have put Madden NFL 12 at the top of my list for "must have, day 1 purchases" for 2011.

Gameplay Improvements

The gameplay additions that the team at EA Tiburon have implemented for us fanatics this year are a much needed "shot in the arm" that, as of the builds I played, have brought realism and fun together in a seamless yet explosive gameplay experience. In my mind, the most important additions to gameplay (and most notables) are: Eliminating Suction, New Consecutive Hit Tackling, and the much improved Defensive Zone Coverage.

The most talked about feature amongst the Madden NFL 12 community has been the elimination of suction blocking and tackling. Gone are the days where your Linebacker shoots through the line of scrimmage with a clear path at the running back only to slide sideways into an Offensive Lineman who is out of position to initiate the block. In Madden NFL 12, if this same scenario presents itself, your HB will find himself on the ground seeing birdies. However, since suction has been removed across the board, no longer can a defender just run up to you with a poor angle and make the easy tackle.

This year blocking and tackling are only initiated by contact. So as the defender is running at you (if they are in position to make a play) they have to actually make contact to initiate the tackle animation. Also, the dev team has added a tackle button (formerly the dive button) to help force the player to actually make the sure tackle instead of blindly trying to get near the ball carrier. I personally have felt the effects of the removal of suction from the game on several occasions. If you do not take the correct angle or misjudge the ball carrier, you will "whiff" on the tackle and most likely give up a big gain.

Consecutive Hit Tackling has provided us Community Event members with many "oh's and ah's" during our time at EA Tiburon. I have heard many gamers describe the tackling in previous games as "a giant hug-fest". This year, Tiburon has shown us all how to bring the noise. Ball carriers with a high truck and strength rating will fight off a weak arm tackle, start to lose their balance and put a hand on the ground to steady themselves while two other defenders will come in to finish off the job in "crushing" fashion. I have witnessed several instances of a ball carrier getting stood up after a 5 yard gain and struggle to try and break free, only to have another defender (or two) come up and lay some leather. It is truly a gratifying experience to see a ball carrier fight to not get tackled only have that defender come up and hit him hard enough that the momentum knocked the offensive player backwards.

In my own humble opinion, I have saved the best for last: Improved Zone Coverage! To be perfectly honest, the word "improved" really doesn't do that statement justice. A more fitting term is phenomenal when describing zone coverage. If you lived and died by the drag, crossing, or flat routes in past iterations of theMadden NFL franchise, it is time for you to form a new strategy and game plan my friends! Linebackers shrink the middle of the field in a "Cover 2" zone allowing for little or no yardage after the catch. Defenders now hand off receivers to each other as they pass from zone to zone. Confusing the coverage by flooding the zone and using route combinations are now essential to consistently completing passes this year. I have noticed that by flooding a zone, you will get one receiver open but only for a second. If you don't read it correctly the window to complete the pass will close faster than ever before. Timing and creativeness are crucial!

Rorschach

The most talked about feature amongst the Madden NFL 12 community has been the elimination of suction blocking and tackling. Gone are the days where your Linebacker shoots through the line of scrimmage with a clear path at the running back only to slide sideways into an Offensive Lineman who is out of position to initiate the block. In Madden NFL 12, if this same scenario presents itself, your HB will find himself on the ground seeing birdies. However, since suction has been removed across the board, no longer can a defender just run up to you with a poor angle and make the easy tackle.
Gore is done. Done!

CB3

DCX said:
Thats just it, you are sooooo much better than me than i should NEVER beat you at anything brosef. Except in 2k, which i win more than i lose.

DCX

Every Chiwawa has its day

McNei1y

DCX said:
Could i be stupid to expect online franchise to be the same as offline with full 32 team support?

DCX

Stupid? Probably. You're not alone though. I am expecting/hoping to see the features in there. I mean look at NCAA just rise in excellence. Most of the credit could be given to the Dynasty mode. Madden needs to take a hint.

DCX said:
Could i be stupid to expect online franchise to be the same as offline with full 32 team support?

DCX

to EXPECT it? yes, that is very stupid. there is no way that will happen. EA's charts tell them that no one plays online franchise.

EA set online franchise up to fail. i'm not saying that even if there was full online franchise we'd see a participation rate of 100% or something but jesus you give people a bare bones, no options, glorified extended "online season" mode with no player stat tracking and you expect a bunch of them to use it? fucking stupid.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
to EXPECT it? yes, that is very stupid. there is no way that will happen. EA's charts tell them that no one plays online franchise.

EA set online franchise up to fail. i'm not saying that even if there was full online franchise we'd see a participation rate of 100% or something but jesus you give people a bare bones, no options, glorified extended "online season" mode with no player stat tracking and you expect a bunch of them to use it? fucking stupid.

Even if they gave us everything, I still think it would completely fail. The Madden Online community just doesn't support any modes outside of head-to-head where they can cheese random people. Madden Nation dudebros.

DMczaf said:
Even if they gave us everything, I still think it would completely fail. The Madden Online community just doesn't support any modes outside of head-to-head where they can cheese random people. Madden Nation dudebros.

well define fail. NCAA's online dynasty participation doesn't have outrageous numbers but it is considered a success. i believe madden would pull similar numbers.

i just don't get why they can't go the ncaa route and make single player and multiplayer dynasties the samething. the technology is already there to have multiple human players controlling a team in madden, how hard is it to just make it online? maybe that is naive of me to ask but i'm not a programmer

Top Bottom