• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
wtf, Ferny beat Smokey? AFC East Champ out for revenge??

Trasher has a bye week and then he'll trash me in his first matchup. :| And then he gets a nice 'welcome to the league' beatdown from FMT the week after.

thanks friend!

and i didn't notice it because my stats seemed to be correct before. at least he fixed the QB rating calculator!

storybook when can you play? one of us is getting out of the NFC west basement, and it sure as fuck aint me!

Maybe sometime this evening after your NCAA game. I should get home between 7-8 EST.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Was playing Skyrim earlier and I had a dragon fucking appear out of nowhere in an area where I had died before fighting a frost troll. The dragon ended up getting killed by the troll and I just cleaned up after, 'twas awesome. I'm going to see if i can get a pack of wolves to take down a mastadon later. Never liked any Elder Scrolls game but this one has me hooked.

eznark

Banned
Was playing Skyrim earlier and I had a dragon fucking appear out of nowhere in an area where I had died before fighting a frost troll. The dragon ended up getting killed by the troll and I just cleaned up after, 'twas awesome. I'm going to see if i can get a pack of wolves to take down a mastadon later. Never liked any Elder Scrolls game but this one has me hooked.

This bodes well for me then. I've never been able to get into them but I picked this one up anyway. I'll start it after I finish Uncharted 3.

Trasher

Yeah Wellie. Im in the same boat as you. I didn't even like Fallout 3 very much. Skyrim on the other hand has just got me locked in though. Its so damn good. Already have dumped 60 hours into it. 19 of which were on the first day!

Lol @ that article Eznark. I don't even remember Lydia. She must have followed me and I wasn't aware. Wonder what killed her!

eznark

Banned
Yeah Wellie. Im in the same boat as you. I didn't even like Fallout 3 very much. Skyrim on the other hand has just got me locked in though. Its so damn good. Already have dumped 60 hours into it. 19 of which were on the first day!

Lol @ that article Eznark. I don't even remember Lydia. She must have followed me and I wasn't aware. Wonder what killed her!

She was a gift from the first Jarl.

I'm about 35 hours into Skyrim. Amazing. Been trying to pry myself away for Battlefield and last night I finally spent an hour with Skyward sword. I hate how slow every 3D zelda starts. Ugh.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Fucking LOL.

Yes, it may seem weird to put her in the grave of her murderer, but at the same time, I’ve just spent ten minutes looking for a dead NPC whom I now believe needs to be moved, so weird is relative. And, well, Skyrim leaves bodies there permanently! She’d be there, awkwardly slumped against that rock, for the rest of the game. And I’d know.

This had me in tears.

TBH tho I played Morrowind for like an hour, never to be touched again. I have Fallout New Vegas but i haven't played it yet (damn you Steam sales!). The only thing I am having trouble with is leveling. I'm at level 10 and I find myself just picking fights with everything to increase my skills. I'm the type that wants to get crazy strong early in the game and then blast through the story. I wasn't too focused either so I just kept randomly assigning skill points.

Trasher

She was a gift from the first Jarl.

I'm about 35 hours into Skyrim. Amazing. Been trying to pry myself away for Battlefield and last night I finally spent an hour with Skyward sword. I hate how slow every 3D zelda starts. Ugh.
I need to get Zelda this week. Hopefully I can find a CE though. How do you like it so far? Controls alright?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
the game scales with you I think, so leveling up won't make it necessarily easier.

I didn't know you could move bodies.

Trasher

the game scales with you I think, so leveling up won't make it necessarily easier.

I didn't know you could move bodies.
Apparently to an extent it does. Like boss enemies will.

Hold down A to move bodies/items around. Not sure what the PC equivalent is though.

levious

nice thanks, Shift + Use on the PC according to that article, had no clue what it was on console.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It does scale? Crap.

Ah well by the time I get to where I want to be my battlemage character will be closer to what I envision. I went to Swindler's Den to finish up the Redguard woman's quest last night, I think it's five dudes that attack you, it was nice to kill all of those fuckers in one swoop with the AoE flame spell.

levious

when I go to league manager, it still has me as Ravens, is there something I need to do?

There are some weird ass things in it but I enjoy Skyrim, and it's always fun to find things and explore that aren't on the map.

I bought a house from the Jarl's bitch. I'm not really sure what the hell the point of having a house is, to be honest...

LukeSmith

when I go to league manager, it still has me as Ravens, is there something I need to do?

I booted Somnia this morning, you're the cowboys now.

Trasher sign up for LM, create an account or whatever and then use this info to get in:
<info removed>

Right now your former commish is probably getting out bed exchanging Fiance/Fiancee epithets with his lady while they brew some special coffee.

levious

what time tomorrow? I think I'm gonna have the day off though so either might work, I'll let you know for sure before tonight.

bluemax

Banned
Week 2 Rookie QB Watch

Code:
Peter Newcomer 	Browns 		136.4 	8 	11 	72.7 	90 	11.3 	2 	0
Ryan Kaiser 	Seahawks 	73.8 	12 	19 	63.2 	187 	15.6 	0 	1
Matt Gullary 	Dolphins 	26.6 	5 	21 	23.8 	117 	23.4 	1 	3
Peter Tanico 	Redskins 	6.7 	8 	21 	38.1 	60 	7.5 	0 	3

And full season stats:

Code:
Peter Newcomer 	Browns 	 	128.4 	25/34 	73.5 	291 	11.6 	3 	0
Ryan Kaiser 	Seahawks 	88.4 	21/31 	67.7 	342 	16.3 	1 	2
Matt Gullary 	Dolphins 	43.6 	13/40 	32.5 	279 	21.5 	2 	3
Peter 	Tanico 	Redskins 	28.5 	14/32 	43.8 	147 	10.5 	1 	4

Peter Newcomer definitely proving his worth as the #1 overall pick. Surprisingly he has only carried the ball 3 times on the season (although I'm guessing one of those carries was a sack since it went for -9 yards).

I think Kaiser got jobbed a little by having the game disconnect with 3 minutes to go, but consider he's completing like 20% more of his passes than T-Jack or Whitehurst last year I'm rather happy.

The Peter Tanico magic from last season seems to have run out. He's last among qualified QBs in passer rating. Yes he's even behind Tom "16 ints in 2 games" Brady.

what time tomorrow? I think I'm gonna have the day off though so either might work, I'll let you know for sure before tonight.

Well if they let us go after lunch, it would probably be around 5/6 EST. I forgot to ask in the meeting this morning though.

What is striker's full gaf name? Gonna send a PM But there's a million of them... I can get the game in basically anyday but Thursday and I will be fucking hammer tomorrow night.

eznark

Banned
ryanbrauntakesoffhisshirt.jpg

Birdman02

GG CB. I was terrible with Brees, especially in the 1st half. Colston beat Nnamdi's press a couple of times in the 2nd half for pretty much my only offense. I finally started spying Vick a few times in the 2nd half too, and it actually seemed to help ...and it atcually put my defender in a good position against a couple of draws.

I went prevent on that last drive and it almost killed me. Thankfully, the madden gods blessed me with a Vick fumble.

We can try tonight if you want, but also tomorrow before 9:30 is also feasible.

I think that I'd prefer tomorrow before 9 if that is good for you. I'm free really anytime after 2:00pm EST. Half day at work. Tonight I'm meeting a client out at dinner and I don't know what time I'll get home or if I'll have to take care of any work for him.

Top Bottom