• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
GG Striker. Frustrating showing on third downs, I came up short by inches like 4 times.

Of course none of this matters because my run defense is so fucking shitty. Want to buy run stopping LBer.

Mrbob

Game locks up at coin toss lol wtf. Good thing Mr MLB The Show is incoming to save Madden. Gotta grab the elite talent to make an elite game!

GCQuinton

Panthers-Jags game played. Carolina eeks out a 21-14 win against the CPU in the rain.

And with that, we're back at .500. Now let's see if we can get back over that hill again.

Birdman02

GG DM. I guess my WRs must be scared of your defense or something because they just couldn't hold on to the ball in clutch situations. 2 dropped TDs and at least one 3rd down conversion (6 drops total according to Madden, but I think there were more than that). What makes it worse is that it was Colston and Moore that dropped the 2 TDs, and they are my best receivers.

Playoff chances take a hit, but I guess I still have a chance.

McNei1y

GG Bob. Not sure how my safeties get injured on easy tackles like that... especially Johnson getting injured when tackling Cutler :lol

Good luck in the playoffs.

Mrbob

And then there were none undefeated!

I missed on two wide open td passes that game I didn't score on, missed two fgs, and made two huge whiffs on tackles that lead to a couple scores. Nice reminder that if you don't play well can be easily beat! GG McNeily, going to have to ramp it up again for the home stretch. Or at least survive the next 3 weeks when my defense is at full strength again!

I did laugh at when Johnson hit sticked Cutler and he is the one who got hurt haha.

McNei1y

I missed on two wide open td passes that game I didn't score on, missed two fgs, and made two huge whiffs on tackles that lead to a couple scores. Nice reminder that if you don't play well can be easily beat!

Yeah. Its stupid that the game can go either way like that. I mean Ponder throws a perfect pass to Berrian like 60-70 yards with tight coverage and its complete. Cutler, the better QB, throws to a wide open Knox with Winfield and Johnson at least 5-8 yards behind him yet the game decides to have it overthrown. lol some things just don't make sense.

Striker

GG Striker. Frustrating showing on third downs, I came up short by inches like 4 times.

Of course none of this matters because my run defense is so fucking shitty. Want to buy run stopping LBer.
GG. That tipped pass by Ward into your receiver made me felt like Madden didn't want me to win. But fortunately the interior line and Hillis were beasting, and I brought in Hardesty to add another punch and he did great.

I still think my LB's stink, but Tatupu did a good job I thought that game.

DMczaf

GG DM. I guess my WRs must be scared of your defense or something because they just couldn't hold on to the ball in clutch situations. 2 dropped TDs and at least one 3rd down conversion (6 drops total according to Madden, but I think there were more than that). What makes it worse is that it was Colston and Moore that dropped the 2 TDs, and they are my best receivers.

Playoff chances take a hit, but I guess I still have a chance.

Yeah, You had a sweet pass down the middle of the field that was dropped in the endzone, and my guy didn't even touch your WR lol

bluemax

Banned
Bluemax, I'll be ready to go tomorrow when we advance at Midnight EST. :p

I can't wait to watch my play off hopes continue to dwindle.

GG. That tipped pass by Ward into your receiver made me felt like Madden didn't want me to win. But fortunately the interior line and Hillis were beasting, and I brought in Hardesty to add another punch and he did great.

I still think my LB's stink, but Tatupu did a good job I thought that game.

Yeah I'm usually good for one deep bomb to Taylor per game, Kaiser's deep accuracy is so shit though the ball just floats to the other side of the field. I hope it improves this off season because then he will be lethal. Newcomer's arm strength impressed me, and any time he moved outside the pocket I was like "Oh shit" with his speed/acceleration. Kind of surprised I managed to sack him. I need to be more creative on third and a yard/inches.

MrBob lost! No more undefeated teams!

Striker

Thing with Newcomer is, he fumbles (3 on the season) and I definitely don't want to risk him getting injured, either. It's certainly a plus having that ability in his back pocket.

bluemax

Banned
Pffft, I've cheated defeat too many times the past two weeks!

So you're just like the real life Stealers? :p

Yeesh, I've scored exactly 21 points in 5 of my 12 games and I've only gone over 21 twice this season. So pretty much if you're gonna play me, expect to give up somewhere around 21 points!

eznark

Banned
And then there were none undefeated!

I missed on two wide open td passes that game I didn't score on, missed two fgs, and made two huge whiffs on tackles that lead to a couple scores. Nice reminder that if you don't play well can be easily beat! GG McNeily, going to have to ramp it up again for the home stretch. Or at least survive the next 3 weeks when my defense is at full strength again!

I did laugh at when Johnson hit sticked Cutler and he is the one who got hurt haha.

vBVpp.jpg

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wonder what the status is on these last 4 games. Albatross/Story in particular should be down to the wire on advance day. :p

Sanjuro says he's working nights all week, so I doubt we can get our game in...

I'll be around tonight if anything changes Sanjuro.

Mrbob

The biggest news of the week is the rise of Jamie Brooks. Finally jumping Shancoe as the number one TE for the pro bowl!

Lions are up next. Is Goldlion a bad enough dude to try and contain the rookie sensation taking the league by storm???

eznark

Banned
Any of you guys playing the star wars mmo?

Also, I have no idea what is going on but I just logged into league manager to see who I play next and I am now apparently $25,000 over the cap. Last week (before the last two games I have played), I cut a lineman, Evan Dietrich-Smith I think, which should have put me under the cap (I was only $2k over then). Now I am $25k over?

edit: he was still on my league manager roster, maybe that's why

McNei1y

The biggest news of the week is the rise of Jamie Brooks. Finally jumping Shancoe as the number one TE for the pro bowl!

Lions are up next. Is Goldlion a bad enough dude to try and contain the rookie sensation taking the league by storm???
Heh lets see if that stays.

Nightz

McNei1y, you gonna be around after we advance tonight?

Edit: I'm thinking about getting SWTOR, but the way they talked about it on the Bombcast kinda turned me off. How do you like it so far ez?

eznark

Banned

Edit: I'm thinking about getting SWTOR, but the way they talked about it on the Bombcast kinda turned me off. How do you like it so far ez?

It was delivered today I guess. Haven't had a chance to check the real world in-box yet.

The Star Wars MMO is WoW 5 years ago with Biowares worst morality system yet and a ton of voice acting.

Sweet, that's when I liked WoW!

McNei1y

Yeah ill be around.

SWTOR looks cool. I played the beta for like 20 mins and enjoyed What I saw. Hopefully it succeeds. Wow version of star wars doesn't seem to bad.

Mrbob

Hey bob, now that the Vita is dead and you'll have some downtime, get in on Star Wars.

MMOs are a bigger waste of money than a portable system. I'll just buy an IPad 3. Join the winning team!

Rumors are Ipad 3 release date is going to be on Jobs birthday, which is Feb 24, 2012. Good luck Vita if this is true.

eznark

Banned
MMOs are a bigger waste of money than a portable system. I'll just buy an IPad 3. Join the winning team!

Rumors are Ipad 3 release date is going to be on Jobs birthday, which is Feb 24, 2012. Good luck Vita if this is true.

Looks like my wife is getting my old ipad 1 for valentine's day!

What's $15 a month? Go get a job at Bennett's Smut n' Eggs (is that place still open?)

bluemax

Banned
Don't know if anyone is doing the Steam Gift Pile thingy, but if you wanted into the DotA2 beta you might try grabbing some achievements. Today I got a DotA2 invite as a gift for a TF2 achievement I had unlocked.

Mrbob

Space Pirates and Zombies at $2.49 on Steam today, that is the deal of the day! Bought the game at full price at $14.99 and love it. Have over 20 hours in the game, very meaty. Haven't even finished my first play through. Can run you up to 60 hours.

Sweet it has a gift pile achievement. Hopping back into the game when I get home tonight!

Nightz

Don't know if anyone is doing the Steam Gift Pile thingy, but if you wanted into the DotA2 beta you might try grabbing some achievements. Today I got a DotA2 invite as a gift for a TF2 achievement I had unlocked.

I've been trying to get the DOTA2 invite since the achievement stuff started. All I've been getting is coal and crappy coupons.

eznark

Banned
Space Pirates and Zombies at $2.49 on Steam today, that is the deal of the day! Bought the game at full price at $14.99 and love it. Have over 20 hours in the game, very meaty. Haven't even finished my first play through. Can run you up to 60 hours.

Sweet it has a gift pile achievement. Hopping back into the game when I get home tonight!

If you don't buy this game you deserve aids

Huh, didn't even know about the gift thing. Apparently I have a Frozen Synapse code to give away. Anyone want it?

mik

mik is unbeatable
Space Pirates and Zombies looks neat. Looks like an action/twin-stick shooty kind of thing--is that accurate? And is it a strictly mouse/kb affair, or is there gamepad support?

eznark

Banned
Top Bottom