• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

DCX

DCX
I understand what happened, I just feel if you engage eight and show blitz then the QB shouldn't have time to leave the pocket. And then there was that broken tackle on 3rd down on that drive too. Woulda had the qb for a sack, he breaks the tackle and runs for a first. I'm just salty.

Well, Taylor is almost Vick fast. I will say, the broken tackle wad garbage..i expected a sack and fumble for a TD. Thats what happens to Matt Ryan.

I might just bench Ryan all season :p

DCX

Ramirez

GG goldy. that was maybe my worst offensive game in history. although i could have done without all those twins. felt like i was playing Ram there for a seocnd.

Yea, those 5-6 run plays I ran out of Twins against you was the reason I won! Oh and one PA pass where both of your CBs lined up, and Nnamdi was on Brown, which is who I threw it to...anyways.

The real attention here should be on Peyton Manning's early bid for MVP. 3/10 for 54 yards, 1 TD & 3 INTs.

the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

McNei1y

gg DM. What a shitty game. I guess I should've hit Y earlier instead of in that window where it doesn't register a fair catch. So many breakaway plays on both sides. Mendenhall's was all luck with that truck. That 100 yard td was so frustrating. Right between Troy and Burchette and they can't react.

At least Mendenhall was only injured for that game. Hopefully this isn't a sign of whats to come.

Ramirez

Mendenhall usually gets injured during games, but not for weeks. :p

Well, I've told FMT & Luke, but they still haven't fixed this yet.

-Peterson needs to go to 14 Mil.
-Manning needs to go to 5.3. (Im really not sure about this one, I know it was 5 something)
-I need Sean Weatherspoon put on my team for 2.8 I believe.

bluemax

Banned
Seahawks rookie report:

Jason "The Tiger" Fobbs 2 catches 26 yards
Algrenon "Flowers" McKoy 8 carries 38 yards, 4 catches 1 yard
Marcus Kirkwood 3 tackles 2 sacks (note he is a corner)

Decent impact for my first 3 draft picks. I expect nothing out of the other guys I drafted, I even cut one already.

Also how the shit did the Rams get Brandon Marshall! Last season they had Greg Jennings and this season they had Marshall. Every time I play them I don't know what to expect!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Releasing:

Alexis Smith, 3 years 1.3 Mil
Bernard Scott 4 years 2.1 Mil
Trae Collins 3 years, .5 Mil

Learned my lesson about doling out long term contracts, sheesh. I don't take a cap hit for cutting guys to get under the roster limit (the Ramirez rule), right? I'm now at 55 and compliant.

Colasante

Seahawks rookie report:

Jason "The Tiger" Fobbs 2 catches 26 yards
Algrenon "Flowers" McKoy 8 carries 38 yards, 4 catches 1 yard
Marcus Kirkwood 3 tackles 2 sacks (note he is a corner)

Decent impact for my first 3 draft picks. I expect nothing out of the other guys I drafted, I even cut one already.

Also how the shit did the Rams get Brandon Marshall! Last season they had Greg Jennings and this season they had Marshall. Every time I play them I don't know what to expect!

Don't worry, I don't think I've made a single completed pass to a receiver outside the numbers so Marshall is really nothing more than a very expensive diversion. Also that PI call last night was hilarious I couldn't believe that didn't get called.

Ramirez

Releasing:

Alexis Smith, 3 years 1.3 Mil
Bernard Scott 4 years 2.1 Mil
Trae Collins 3 years, .5 Mil

Learned my lesson about doling out long term contracts, sheesh. I don't take a cap hit for cutting guys to get under the roster limit (the Ramirez rule), right? I'm now at 55 and compliant.

Hmm, so people only do 1 year deals so they can release without penalty huh? Never thought about that...

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Hmm, so people only do 1 year deals so they can release without penalty huh? Never thought about that...

especially if it's a guy you expect to degrade overall.

I'm still looking to trade Witten if anyone's interested, he's making 9.5 mil a year though.

bluemax

Banned
Don't worry, I don't think I've made a single completed pass to a receiver outside the numbers so Marshall is really nothing more than a very expensive diversion. Also that PI call last night was hilarious I couldn't believe that didn't get called.

Yeah the game fucked you pretty hard on that one. I'd love it if EA found a way to make penalties more realistic. If that had been called it would've flipped the field in a huge way.

bluemax

Banned

All real life NFL contracts are essentially year to year. I've avoided giving out more than 2 years to anyone over about 25-27 this whole franchise.

Of course because of this and the shit LBer depth I've had a carousel of players at ROLB all franchise.

levious

are the rookies contracts random? Length of the contract I mean. My 86 ovr rookie signed a 5 year deal at 2.8 a year, seems very favorable to me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Yes and no. In those cases all of the guys I cut are backups. They weren't going to progress much at all just regress.

On the flip side I signed Rey Rey to a long term deal, now he's 90 rated and only getting 3.6 mil a year. Or look at Bobs scenario a page or two back in which he has to pay Urlacher more because he went with a short term deal.

Birdman02

Saints are currently over the cap by like 1 mill, I assume he has to get under before we can play?

Yeah, I need to cut one or two of my rookies, since the contracts were auto-assigned. I knew I didn't have the cap room to sign all of them. Or I might cut a bigger contract and just take a cap hit. I'll be under the cap before our game.

DCX

DCX
Curtis Brown needs his contract adjust also. He was being paid 1.8 a year.

- Woodly is 7.x now he needs to be 11
- Flowers is 7.x now needs to be 9 one year left
- Brown is 4.3 now needs to be 1.8

DCX

Splat

Yeah, I need to cut one or two of my rookies, since the contracts were auto-assigned. I knew I didn't have the cap room to sign all of them. Or I might cut a bigger contract and just take a cap hit. I'll be under the cap before our game.

No worries, I woulda let you play 1 mill over but I didn't know what league rules were :p

So much for enforcing the 50 man rule, CB lost to a 47 man Raiders squad while FMT lost to a 49 man Colts team..

Colts have 49 players and played their game
Buccs have 49 players and played their game
Bills have 49 players
Packers have 47 players
Raiders have 47 players and played their game
Rams have 44 players and played their game
Redskins have 49 players and played their game

According to LM.

So much for enforcing the 50 man rule, CB lost to a 47 man Raiders squad while FMT lost to a 49 man Colts team..

Bills have 49 players
Packers have 47 players

According to LM.

First game. It'll be straightened out! Aquaman gots this boyeeeeee!

Bills have 49 players
Packers have 47 players

According to LM.

Whoa, hold on. I couldn't sign into league manager and have no control over what my roster looked like. I went straight into the game. I talked to FMT and he is inviting me back to League manager. The Raiders will have their 50 men. So don't get your panties in a Tyrod Taylor shaped bunch

eznark

Banned

Bills have 49 players
Packers have 47 players

According to LM.

Considering I haven't played my game yet how bout you mind our own fucking teams business and stop DCXing mine?

I'm not calling you out! Not like I asked for your heads in the post. I'm just pointing it out. FMT has a lot on his plate for something he isn't getting paid for.

LukeSmith

Bills have 49 players
Packers have 47 players

According to LM.

Thanks for the heads-up, my math was foggy. I fixed the Colts with some of the giant piles of cash I still have lying around.

LiveWire

Bills have 49 players
Packers have 47 players

According to LM.

I have 50. I signed Leigh Bodden as my 50th player through LM before playing my game last night; he showed up on my roster in-game, but LM didn't process it (probably because of all the traffic it was getting from us last night--are we like the only people using the website or something, wtf?). I tried it again and the LM error code makes it look like I need to cut him from my console and re-sign which I will do tonight.

levious

if the real life Saints lose draft picks in 2013, would we actually enforce that next Madden?

Splat

Just to check in here, the #1 QB from the draft was cut to FA on purpose because of his cap hit, I assume? I picked him up like a greedy motherfucker, but if he was somehow on a FA-prohibited list let me know.

DCX

DCX
Just to check in here, the #1 QB from the draft was cut to FA on purpose because of his cap hit, I assume? I picked him up like a greedy motherfucker, but if he was somehow on a FA-prohibited list let me know.

:( I was going to sign him but without contracts being fixed I could have been over.

DCX

Top Bottom