• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

LukeSmith

You let DCX trash talk you, and you just took it. You are literally lower than dirt in terms of the trash talking hierarchy.

v9MFc.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holy shit, Wellie already has 7 sacks in 3 games with his DE? Thats fucking insane

I ran Wellies crash scheme offline and got 15 sacks in a game (11 by LE)

To be fair, while Wellie was accused of said things, it was never proven he does that. The conclusion was that he presses your receivers to give him time to rush with his DE. He builds his secondary with that in mind. You have to dink and dunk him to win most of the time.

Is the big deal that it comes from one guy? Would it be better if I had like 7 guys with 10 sacks each? The bottom line is that every year when I get Madden and before the season starts I lab running the ball and rushing the passer. I'm going to find things that are effective because I put in the time and effort to do so each year.

Also, as Gold said, it's more of a team thing than a one guy thing. On the outside, the corners all need to have high PRS ratings so I can hold WRs at the LOS. I've always found that across the league most players will look to their slot guy as the safety valve, so a lot of time I'll rotate my highest PRS CB onto the slot receiver to hold them there. Take a look, my third CB on the depth chart has a 90 PRS rating. Hall has a 96.

With the LBs, I don't care about much aside from high PUR. I feel as if their pathfinding is much more... direct and it helps with drawing blockers. That's all I really want, to take up as many blockers with my LBs and DTs as possible to draw away from the ends. My main DT, Peko, is really more of a nose tackle in my system. Everything rotates around which blocker he picks up. My user controlled DT has one job, and that;s to draw the RB if he is blocking. I don't care about stats from my DTs, just penetration from my user controlled DT.

Safety-wise, I just want speed and high ZCV. When receivers break the press, they'll be running free so I need safeties that will be able to get where they need to ASAP. Taylor Mays is probably a prototype safety for what I want in an SS. Nelson has regressed as an FS but he has been really good.

I am surprised that stuff like this catches you guys off guard. I spend a lot of effort to build a top D every year, having the Bengals in this go-round gifted me with two of the fastest and most elusive pass rushers in the game.

I don't like the accusations saying that I am cheating, because I am not, and I never would. It is within my nature, as an engineer, to experiment with every aspect of the game to try and break it. I am not willing to cheat to win, what's the point of being in this league? Below is an example of my morals, I found an issue with LM that has since been fixed and PMed FMT about it.

6HezY.jpg
]

Keep in mind, during that offseason, I had far and away the most cap space of any team. I could have wrecked that FA period easily.

TheCrow

lol me and wellie have the exact opposite approach to defense. I have only run a couple plays all year and he spends so much time in the lab.

Ramirez

I've always found that across the league most players will look to their slot guy as the safety valve, so a lot of time I'll rotate my highest PRS CB onto the slot receiver to hold them there.

It's because it's the only WR position that consistently gets open looks, duh.

^ A couple plays all year, nice.

Birdman02

Is the big deal that it comes from one guy? Would it be better if I had like 7 guys with 10 sacks each? The bottom line is that every year when I get Madden and before the season starts I lab running the ball and rushing the passer. I'm going to find things that are effective because I put in the time and effort to do so each year.

Also, as Gold said, it's more of a team thing than a one guy thing. On the outside, the corners all need to have high PRS ratings so I can hold WRs at the LOS. I've always found that across the league most players will look to their slot guy as the safety valve, so a lot of time I'll rotate my highest PRS CB onto the slot receiver to hold them there. Take a look, my third CB on the depth chart has a 90 PRS rating. Hall has a 96.

With the LBs, I don't care about much aside from high PUR. I feel as if their pathfinding is much more... direct and it helps with drawing blockers. That's all I really want, to take up as many blockers with my LBs and DTs as possible to draw away from the ends. My main DT, Peko, is really more of a nose tackle in my system. Everything rotates around which blocker he picks up. My user controlled DT has one job, and that;s to draw the RB if he is blocking. I don't care about stats from my DTs, just penetration from my user controlled DT.

Safety-wise, I just want speed and high ZCV. When receivers break the press, they'll be running free so I need safeties that will be able to get where they need to ASAP. Taylor Mays is probably a prototype safety for what I want in an SS. Nelson has regressed as an FS but he has been really good.

I am surprised that stuff like this catches you guys off guard. I spend a lot of effort to build a top D every year, having the Bengals in this go-round gifted me with two of the fastest and most elusive pass rushers in the game.

I don't like the accusations saying that I am cheating, because I am not, and I never would. It is within my nature, as an engineer, to experiment with every aspect of the game to try and break it. I am not willing to cheat to win, what's the point of being in this league? Below is an example of my morals, I found an issue with LM that has since been fixed and PMed FMT about it.

6HezY.jpg
]

Keep in mind, during that offseason, I had far and away the most cap space of any team. I could have wrecked that FA period easily.

Actually, I think it would look better if it came from more than one guy. With one guy getting that many sacks, it makes it looks like you are exploiting things. The same way people bitch about offenses running "money plays"

I'm not accusing you of cheating or anything like that. I know you spend a lot of time working on things. I'm just saying that I understand why it catches people by surprise.

TheCrow

It's because it's the only WR position that consistently gets open looks, duh.

^ A couple plays all year, nice.

Cover two man out of 4-1-6 with a user safety to cover the slot and TEs. It just works but it does mean that I confuse my opponent whenever I do blitz.

Smokey

motherfucker go buy another one then.
Fuck that I'm pretty sure one of my brothers did the slip and slide with it that was last time I remember seeing it. Motherfuckers tend to have the understanding that what's mine is theirs

If that's the case justice must be served and I will have it back by Wed. Then you can suck on dragic with sessions

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fuck that I'm pretty sure one of my brothers did the slip and slide with it that was last time I remember seeing it. Motherfuckers tend to have the understanding that what's mine is theirs

If that's the case justice must be served

they did you a favor. You didnt want none of sessions

McNei1y

gg CB3. I have to remember that directional passing sucks. Not sure how I hit so many buckets with Crawford since I hate his shot.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GG. I couldnt get a call for anyone in that 4th. it killed me. That and Bynum being in foul trouble the whole damn game.

Also i have no idea who anyone other than Wall, Nene, and Rashard are on the wizards so i dont even know what to guard :(

McNei1y

GG. I couldnt get a call for anyone in that 4th. it killed me. That and Bynum being in foul trouble the whole damn game.

Also i have no idea who anyone other than Wall, Nene, and Rashard are on the wizards so i dont even know what to guard :(

I totally forgot about the Nene trade so this was my first time playing without McGee and Young. It was a dagger playing without Young since I had his shot down completely but luckily I didn't do too bad with Crawfords. My depth is so poor. I really don't like using my bench players other than Singleton, Mason, and Vesley.

Booker is a maniac down low. He had so many put back slams.

bluemax

Banned
So the NFC West is a combined 4-11 through 4 weeks.

Will it get better in week 5?

Texans @ Rams
Jaguars @ 49ers
Eagles @ Cardinals
Seahawks Bye

Nope, :(

I should also note that 3 of the West's 4 wins come in division. And division "leader" Seattle faces Tampa, Indy and the 49ers over their next 3 games.

Smokey

5896d1325467503-clark.jpg

"That's who he is, that's what he does!"

You rage quit in a game 6 and game 7 with the globetrotters of 2k against the Rockets

"That's who he is, that's what he does!"

edit: When i get my disc back ...CB/pheeniks/Mcnei1y/DCX..lets do team up! It will be like the old days minus hunter raging into the headset. i wonder if it even works though...

And Tebow-watch begins. I bet he ends up a fin. He's worth a lot in terms of selling seats down here and if we were to draft a guard first round.. who knows.

Top Bottom