• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

So, I bought a new tv today and have it all set up. I plugged my components in for my PS3 a little bit ago and I'm getting things to show up, but its all grey and fuzzy. I have no idea how to fix this. Anyone have any ideas?

and I know I have the components in the right spot

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Never seen such BS. Fucking lagging like crazy all game. Fucking 29% power kickoff, can't right stick off of blocks to stop runs in the backfield, cant get audibles in in time which allow long plays (flipping zone coverages), can't get in the call to press so my CB is across the entire field, throws that are meant to be bullets hanging as lobs for easy ints, lag making the game register a double tap that turns into a pick six, ball not coming out from the QB because lag seizes the game. Best way to beat my defense I guess. A guy averaging 3.9 YPC gobbles up the 2nd ranked run D in the league at the time. Right.

All of this, after agreeing at 7:43 to play a game, then having him tell you at 8:03 he started a DOTA game ten minutes earlier. What a waste of two hours. If the game wasnt laggy and actually worth the playing time, then whatever. But cmon.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i woulda just quit out at the beginning if it was laggy. Ever since i experienced the Crow College Connection (CCC) in Madden 10, i refused to ever play under those conditions again.

Ferny

Never seen such BS. Fucking lagging like crazy all game. Fucking 29% power kickoff, can't right stick off of blocks to stop runs in the backfield, cant get audibles in in time which allow long plays (flipping zone coverages), can't get in the call to press so my CB is across the entire field, throws that are meant to be bullets hanging as lobs for easy ints, lag making the game register a double tap that turns into a pick six, ball not coming out from the QB because lag seizes the game.

All of this, after agreeing at 7:43 to play a game, then having him tell you at 8:03 he started a DOTA game ten minutes earlier. What a waste of two hours. If the game wasnt laggy and actually worth the playing time, then whatever. But cmon.

Knew this was coming so I was prepared. Was there lag in the game? Yes...was it on both sides yes. So everything you got I got as well. It only happened on my end right after the snap and I turned off every single internet related thing on my computer as well as turned off wireless access to any other computer so I catered to you.

You blamed a lot of things on lag when there was none at the time such as your numerous 'Smokey' levels of dropbacks and rolls to the right. Passes were thrown so far off the WR that lag was not even a factor. I honestly just followed what someone suggested in the thread, dink and dunk my way across the field and your sacks wouldn't effect me as much.

As far as the time goes, I was ready right at seven and I had to wait an hour as well. I did say 8:00 but I also let you know a couple minutes after that I would try and get the game done ASAP.

CB3

not taking sides either way here other than the lag issue. But the whole "We both played with it, so its ok" argument is an invalid one. Some people run offenses and defenses that are far more conducive to precision timing. Or a deep threat offense that needs time to get downfield. Rather than someone who may run a short west coast offense, or leans heavily on the run.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Knew this was coming so I was prepared. Was there lag in the game? Yes...was it on both sides yes. So everything you got I got as well. It only happened on my end right after the snap and I turned off every single internet related thing on my computer as well as turned off wireless access to any other computer so I catered to you.

You blamed a lot of things on lag when there was none at the time such as your numerous 'Smokey' levels of dropbacks and rolls to the right. Passes were thrown so far off the WR that lag was not even a factor. I honestly just followed what someone suggested in the thread, dink and dunk my way across the field and your sacks wouldn't effect me as much.

Everything? I was enumerating what was going on with my side and you said you weren't getting any of it. I restarted my computer as stated in the steam chat so I don't have the chatlog. The Smokey level backdrops resulted because the game wasn't registering button presses for throws so I had to run for my life, which did not end well. I couldn't get off blocks, I couldn't cut on runs, I couldn't flip plays nor perform all the hot routes. Why didn't you state you felt so bad for me on a delay of game you declined the penalty? Cmon dude. I didn't quit out for courtesy because you were up 10, but to sit here and tell me one thing on chat then say something else here is crazy. You saw full well multiple times I flipped my playcalling, do you think I'd just forget to do it when I had to those few times? Let's get real here.

And! No mention of starting a game of DOTA while I'm waiting to play in 10 minutes like we agreed. Then when I ask you at 8:35 after we re-agreed to 8:30 what the story was you say I'm worse than your gf? Cmon. You're a busy dude, I'm a busy dude. Shouldn't have told me last night you would play today if you wanted to play DOTA. I understand these things.

Ferny

I mean't to put after the half there and I declined that penalty because we were talking on chat not because of feeling bad for you or anything. I also paused the game while you restarted your computer.

Ferny

not taking sides either way here other than the lag issue. But the whole "We both played with it, so its ok" argument is an invalid one. Some people run offenses and defenses that are far more conducive to precision timing. Or a deep threat offense that needs time to get downfield. Rather than someone who may run a short west coast offense, or leans heavily on the run.

I run alot of plays that are set on timing of routes so the lag would effect me just as much as it would anyone else. I never make excuses regarding the lag in any loss. The only time it has become any sort of issue is really when we play our own division in the AFC East and we always play with rain. It's not an argument because it happened to both people so how is "My offense/defense timed so game shouldn't count"...if it was happening more on my end and he won then that's cool. I'll take the L and be ok with it.

Ferny

Everything? I was enumerating what was going on with my side and you said you weren't getting any of it. I restarted my computer as stated in the steam chat so I don't have the chatlog. The Smokey level backdrops resulted because the game wasn't registering button presses for throws so I had to run for my life, which did not end well. I couldn't get off blocks, I couldn't cut on runs, I couldn't flip plays nor perform all the hot routes. Why didn't you state you felt so bad for me on a delay of game you declined the penalty? Cmon dude. I didn't quit out for courtesy because you were up 10, but to sit here and tell me one thing on chat then say something else here is crazy. You saw full well multiple times I flipped my playcalling, do you think I'd just forget to do it when I had to those few times? Let's get real here.

And! No mention of starting a game of DOTA while I'm waiting to play in 10 minutes like we agreed. Then when I ask you at 8:35 after we re-agreed to 8:30 what the story was you say I'm worse than your gf? Cmon. You're a busy dude, I'm a busy dude. Shouldn't have told me last night you would play today if you wanted to play DOTA. I understand these things.
Who said anything about one being worse than the other? All I said was that I was good at a time and waited just as you did...I already said yes I did start the game when we had agreed to a time.

CB3

I run alot of plays that are set on timing of routes so the lag would effect me just as much as it would anyone else. I never make excuses regarding the lag in any loss. The only time it has become any sort of issue is really when we play our own division in the AFC East and we always play with rain. It's not an argument because it happened to both people so how is "My offense/defense timed so game shouldn't count"...if it was happening more on my end and he won then that's cool. I'll take the L and be ok with it.

No one said your game shouldnt count. I said i would've quit early on if i felt like the lag was bad enough that it was preventing me from things i wanted to do. And attempted to maybe try a different time. I dont think thats unreasonable.

Splat

As someone who's woken up after 4 hours of sleep for a 6:30am PST gametime to find out the other person forgot (not this league, another), I have little sympathy for anyone who fucks w/ scheduled times without good reason or warning :-/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Am I arguing this? My game WAS affected, I'm telling you everything that was affected but I *did not quit out* and you got the win so how are you affected? I have a right to vent about a game in which I feel like I was jobbed on many facets of it.

To say that lag would affect you more is laughable tho, everyone knows how my O and D are orchestrated moreso at the LOS than in the playcalling screen or after the snap.

Ferny

No one said your game shouldnt count. I said i would've quit early on if i felt like the lag was bad enough that it was preventing me from things i wanted to do. And attempted to maybe try a different time. I dont think thats unreasonable.

Not at all...and I would have been fine with but it was never brought up as an option. The lag was discussed in chat, I did as much as I could on my end to minimize it as best I could. It never got bad enough for me after the half that I would have brought that up. Not saying Wells doesn't have an argument but at the same time the games done it's whatever.

Ferny

Am I arguing this? My game WAS affected, I'm telling you everything that was affected but I *did not quit out* and you got the win so how are you affected? I have a right to vent about a game in which I feel like I was jobbed on many facets of it.

To say that lag would affect you more is laughable tho, everyone knows how my O and D are orchestrated moreso at the LOS than in the playcalling screen or after the snap.

Again...I didn't say it hurt me more, I was more making a point to what CB said. There is really no point in going further with this. Just a lot of back and forth so it's a pointless debate.

CB3

Let me put this down right here since its a topic of discussion at the moment.

And this has no relation to what just happened since i dont know enough about either side to draw a conclusion. But just in general.

FELLAS:

If you have a scheduled time to play a game with a fellow madden bro, please try to make it. We're all adults here and do the work or the school or girlfriend or wife or family thing and shit happens. Its understandable.

Whats a little less understandable is when a scheduled game is delayed because someone else is playing a separate game on live or steam or whathaveyou. We're all friends here! Your opponent should be taken into consideration. Especially if its a West Coast/East Coast thing. Ive been through a few of these issues in seasons past and its never fun for anyone.

Just a little friendly reminder going forward!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Again...I didn't say it hurt me more, I was more making a point to what CB said. There is really no point in going further with this. Just a lot of back and forth so it's a pointless debate.

My intention was never to argue, it was to vent just like I did to you over steam chat for the entirety of the game. If the lag was truly uncontrollable, it's like when people complain if it's raining. Do you go around fighting them?

If you're looking for a point, here's one: If you schedule a game, don't make a person wait around for damn near 40 minutes! That's bush league.

Edit: CB beat me to it.

Nightz

Whats a little less understandable is when a scheduled game is delayed because someone else is playing a separate game on live or steam or whathaveyou. We're all friends here! Your opponent should be taken into consideration. Especially if its a West Coast/East Coast thing. Ive been through a few of these issues in seasons past and its never fun for anyone.

tumblr_lqh0ttPybe1qmemgbo2_400.jpg

Smokey

Let me put this down right here since its a topic of discussion at the moment.

And this has no relation to what just happened since i dont know enough about either side to draw a conclusion. But just in general.

FELLAS:

If you have a scheduled time to play a game with a fellow madden bro, please try to make it. We're all adults here and do the work or the school or girlfriend or wife or family thing and shit happens. Its understandable.

Just a little friendly reminder going forward!

lol you trying to be peacemaker of ALL PEOPLE!

Ferny

My intention was never to argue, it was to vent just like I did to you over steam chat for the entirety of the game.

If you're looking for a point, here's one: If you schedule a game, don't make a person wait around for damn near 40 minutes! That's bush league.

Since you're still going with this then I shall as well. Did we not discuss last night with the whole movie thing that we would play when I got home from work since our schedules we're so busy. I get home, I let you know i'm ready to go and you told me your GF was watching a show...thats fine no big deal. I wanted to get the game in before RAW so I asked if after 11 would be fine and you told me no...that's fine no big deal. I'll work with you so you asked if 8:00-8:10 was good? I said ok I can do that.

At like 8:03 I told you I would need some time because I did in fact start a Dota game a bit before 8:00 and thought it wouldn't have taken as long as it did. You kept asking me what time it would be done I said no longer than 8:30 most likely. I was on Madden way before the game was even over and AT could vouch for me on that one because I told him right when I was coming on.

Bottom line...I was wrong in starting the game but don't put this shit all on me like I didn't try. It's not like the time was set way before.

Ferny

With a big L as your avatar.

The irony!

Lakers were all I knew growing up. My dad was born in Cali so I saw more of them than any other team. I was born and raised in NJ but I didn't even go to a Nets game till I was about 13 or so and I was about 1 of 200 people there. I still remember seeing them play the Hawks that day and the dreaded name...Keith Van Horn.

CB3

ign gave ninja gaiden 3 a 3.0 LOL

ninja gaiden 3.0

even worse coming from them

I watched the quick look EX on giantbomb a while ago and it seemed like they took everything that made those games good, and took it out.

Then left everything that was bad about those games, and made it the focus

Birdman02

GG Bob. Brees was a perfect 13/13 (although 2 of those could've been knocked down at least), and my defense was pretty much lights out.

I only made a couple of minor changes in the offseason, but I love how my team is playing this season.

Top Bottom