• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Oh here we go with the no huddle excuse again. You came out in 1-5-5 against my passing formation. You damn right I'm going to no huddle that, that's football. What's not football is going for it on 4th down on your own 18 when you're only down by 4 points with 4 minutes remaining and 3 timeouts.

Considering that you went for it on 4th down 5 times against me earlier in the year, i dont think you can complain too much.

DCX

DCX
From his own 18? What the hell. Offense rules the day in this game, it's near impossible at times to get 4 stops when someone is passing.

Are more sanctions against the falcons required?

I have Tyrod Tayler at QB, thats a dis-advantage already. You are also making my point, i haven't stopped him all game.

Rules state down in the fourth quarter you can go for it on fourth down. I did. So did he. He should have kicked a FG but oh noes he went for it on 4th down, down 3. SANCTIONS!!

DCX

Birdman02

To add to that, if you say

FYIDM

Im throwing a 10 million cap penalty on you. Try me.

DCX said:
They way you were driving down the field all game with all the shifting and no huddle, fuck yea i'm going for it. If i failed, then i failed. Giving you back the ball up already would have had me watch you take asshole kneel downs.

FYIDM is this season's theme, deal with it.

DCX

LiveWire

Considering that you went for it on 4th down 5 times against me earlier in the year, i dont think you can complain too much.
Yea clearly the same situation. Whatever. If that's how it's going to be in the league, I'm out. Won't be back next year either. McNeily enjoy the Skins, hope you can have more success with them than I did.

eznark

Banned
Yea clearly the same situation. Whatever. If that's how it's going to be in the league, I'm out. Won't be back next year either. McNeily enjoy the Skins, hope you can have more success with them than I did.

Isn't this like the 4th time you've quit, Favre?

LukeSmith

Whoever said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" seems pretty right.

People also only complain about 4th downs where people get them. You never hear someone come and say "Jimmy went for 3 key 4th downs and I stopped him on all of them and that's why I destroyed him."

If someone is going to pull out the FYIDM card to justify their shit, at some point, someone will get burned by it, big time.

Unless the masses call for some giant thing, this seems like a "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Sounds like DCX was down 4, stuffed and his game was completely on the line? Is that accurate?

McNei1y

So, I read up on that Devo birthday thing everyone was talking about. What a fucking joke. Is this really how adults behave on the internet? Does she have a following because she is a female? Is this Timedog guy for real or just a troll? And some dude made a comment about sports threads being in danger while those threads can happen is a joke. I agree wholeheartedly

thats my piece. I'll miss you guys while I'm banned

yeah. I agree with you. People seem to agree as well.

Your safe here!

His safe is where?

eznark

Banned
Whoever said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" seems pretty right.

People also only complain about 4th downs where people get them. You never hear someone come and say "Jimmy went for 3 key 4th downs and I stopped him on all of them and that's why I destroyed him."

If someone is going to pull out the FYIDM card to justify their shit, at some point, someone will get burned by it, big time.

Unless the masses call for some giant thing, this seems like a "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Sounds like DCX was down 4, stuffed and his game was completely on the line? Is that accurate?

Agree. I can't wait for the clusterfuck that is week 16.

He had 3 timeouts, therefor no way the game could be completely on the line. Imo depends on how the game is going, there are times when even with 3 TOs punting feels like a death sentence.

CB3

yeah. I agree with you. People seem to agree as well.

His safe is where?

you caught me. i routinely use incorrect grammar in posts because i tend to type them pretty fast. i do infact know the difference between you, your, and you're!

DCX

DCX

there was close to 4 minutes left i had all my timeouts 4th and 11 and i went for it. If he stopped me, thats ball game. Tyrod does not have a clutch gene in his body. a Fg would have sealed it a TD would be dagger.

The throw was a bad one, into double coverage. I got lucky. Bailed out big time, but still. He could have stopped me and won the game. Even after scoring he had a chance to tie but elected to go for it with no timeouts and failed.

Shit happens.

DCX

DCX

DCX
He had 3 timeouts, therefor no way the game could be completely on the line. Imo depends on how the game is going, there are times when even with 3 TOs punting feels like a death sentence.

In our game i would have punted. Case by case basis, you're right.

DCX

BigAT

Oh here we go with the no huddle excuse again. You came out in 1-5-5 against my passing formation. You damn right I'm going to no huddle that, that's football. What's not football is going for it on 4th down on your own 18 when you're only down by 4 points with 4 minutes remaining and 3 timeouts.

Now you're coming up with reasons for running no huddle? What was the reason for running it the entire game every time we've played?

that 4th down is bullshit DCX.

running no-huddle "because that's football" is bullshit livewire.

we don't have specific 4th down rules because i thought everyone could play within the confines of a "sim" league. but people are getting down to "win no matter what!" and that is bad for the league.

so again i implore you: please read the "suggestions" in the original post regarding 4th down. if i see shit like going for it on 4th down FROM YOUR OWN 18 with 3 timeouts and 4 minutes left then we will have to have specific rules.

the same goes for no huddle. STOP RUNNING NO HUDDLE ALL DRIVE OR ALL GAME! i get it if you are down double digits with 4 minutes left or something, fine. but it's just a ridiculous tactic and it has nothing to do with "oh i have the right personnel on the field to take advantage!". you could be running a 5 wide no-huddle against a quarters formation and it's still bullshit. STOP.

and the whole "FYIDM" thing is ridiculous. that's not what the league is about and it happens because of things like the above scenarios. we have been a pretty decent sim league for years and years and i dont want this garbage spiraling out of control where we have new players or long time members who just don't find it fun to deal with this kind of crap

I say we either need hard 4th down rules where we define the hell out of them or fuck it because it's gonna happen again where someone gets annoyed

eznark

Banned
Personally I think DCX deserves whatever shitty cheese people heap on him. When there is no justice, posses ride!

That said, Live complaining after his triumphant FYIDM childishness is equally hilarious. Right now I just want to play live in a game where we both go five wide no huddle the whole time.

CB3

For what its worth im all for laying down punishment and i honestly couldnt care if livewire leaves or not. But i rather treat you folks as adults and id like to believe you all know how to play sim ball. It was at my suggestion that we reiterate suggestions rather than caking on more rules that have definitive punishments.

The no huddle all game thing is worse in my mind than the 4th down rules just because the injury rate for defensive players is already so high. It goes even higher when your guys are tired for 4 quarters. Its no fun having your whole D on the injured list. I'd know.

In conclusion, just be grown ups. atleast on the field. Bitch here about whatever all you want. Thanks.

Edit: Also, especially when Evilore treated all of NBA age like babies and punished a whole community for one persons mistake. Myself, Luke, and FMT rather not be that guy in this league.

McNei1y

Why you leaving fellow skins bro? It won't be the same!

DCX

DCX
Personally I think DCX deserves whatever shitty cheese people heap on him. When there is no justice, posses ride!

That said, Live complaining after his triumphant FYIDM childishness is equally hilarious. Right now I just want to play live in a game where we both go five wide no huddle the whole time.

Can't wait.

DCX

DMczaf

25509-101277-aquaman1PNG-468x.jpg

bluemax

Banned
Are real names that big of a deal? If I ever meet any of you in real life, I will continue calling you by your Gaf names

I watched the Super Bowl with two people from GAF, man it was weird trying to decide what to call them. I think we all just avoided names.

I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet, but I know I am going to be disappointed with it. Why? Because no matter how good it is they clearly dropped the ball by not making the shell out of Cool Ranch Doritos. The vastly superior Dorito flavor.

I'm unimpressed by it. Its just a normal cardboard taco shell with a light dusting of Doritos seasoning.

Only person I am unsure of is LukeSmith

What about Wellington?

Ramirez

Is Trasher on AIM?

I sent him a message earlier telling him you wanted to play, he never replied though.

GG Turbo, I think my days of sitting back in Cover 4 while people roll out are behind me after what I saw my defense do that game!

Timmons making a serious bid at DPOTY early this season! Sucks that I lost the FF from him in the first game. :(

Can someone sync the site?

Nightz

I sent him a message earlier telling him you wanted to play, he never replied though.

GG Turbo, I think my days of sitting back in Cover 4 while people roll out are behind me after what I saw my defense do that game!

Timmons making a serious bid at DPOTY early this season! Sucks that I lost the FF from him in the first game. :(

Can someone sync the site?

Thanks. And synched.

Ramirez

Timmons/Harrison 1 & 2 on MVP of the year right now.

sortof.jpg

Harrison has become some what of a monster since moving over to the left side in Woodley's departure.

However 15 TDs to 5 INTs is not good enough to land Eli in the Pro Bowl right now, nice.

Bye week next week, fuuuu.

Mrbob

I have Tyrod Tayler at QB, thats a dis-advantage already. You are also making my point, i haven't stopped him all game.

Rules state down in the fourth quarter you can go for it on fourth down. I did. So did he. He should have kicked a FG but oh noes he went for it on 4th down, down 3. SANCTIONS!!

DCX

Not with 4 minutes left. 4th and 11 from your own 18. This wasn't 4th and 2 or 4th and 3 at the 40. You have 7 chances to stop him on defense, especially with all your timeouts available. Don't play like a Madden Nation cheddar head. I can see why you are pissed because he is doing that no huddle bs all game long but where does it end?

Maybe we should just drop all rules, anything goes? Madden School time.

Ramirez

For the record, if someone went for it in that situation on me, I would be pretty livid, and probably turn the game off if they completed it, lol.

Luke has pulled multiple questionable 4th downs on me this year though, and to argue his point of "you don't hear people complain if they don't convert", BS. I complained quite vocally (I'll insert the "but you always do!) in that playoff game when you went for it in the 1st quarter. Would have completely changed the game.

So, I'm for 4th down rules we actually enforce. We don't even enforce the guidelines...

LukeSmith

For the record, if someone went for it in that situation on me, I would be pretty livid, and probably turn the game off if they completed it, lol.

Luke has pulled multiple questionable 4th downs on me this year though, and to argue his point of "you don't hear people complain if they don't convert", BS. I complained quite vocally (I'll insert the "but you always do!) in that playoff game when you went for it in the 1st quarter. Would have completely changed the game.

So, I'm for 4th down rules we actually enforce. We don't even enforce the guidelines...

Listen, you have the current record for most fourth downs in your own territory with that dismal 3 attempt performance in our last game (which, as I pointed out, there was no point in talking about since it was a non-factor). So before you pick up the stone, look at the house of glass and tears you're living in.

Going for it inside your 20 in a one possession game is a stupid call. The whole FYIDM thing is idiotic. I wish DCX hadn't got it because it's like a kid touching an oven and nothing happening.

If I'm close to midfield and it's reasonable I'll go for it. No one ever complains about the attempts that don't fail, so the sample size is biased for squawking anyway.

Ramirez is at least consistent in his whining. Win or lose, there's whimpering.

I like the Ramirez pull the plug admissions too, in the wake of the "magical game" that disconnected and he "accidentally accepted" the result.

Top Bottom