• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

DMczaf

I like the Ramirez pull the plug admissions too, in the wake of the "magical game" that disconnected and he "accidentally accepted" the result.

ibshPj4itdfVWm.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GG. Fumble on the second play of the game. Ive played madden enough to know what that spells out for the rest of the game. Vick missing Jax streaking down the side open before the half ended basically daggered me.

Atleast i got the Mario Manningham achievement in garbage time!

Ramirez

For the first 3 seasons, I totaled up the people who go for it on 4th the most:

Ravens-33
Pats-34
Titans-35
Colts-37
Redskins-60

Funny to me that a person who makes the playoffs every season needs to go for it on 4th down as much as 4 others, who aside from Sanjuro haven't really even smelled a chance at the playoffs!

4th down karma biting LW in the butt? :p

Luke still accusing me of stuff for a game that had no change on the outcome that season. Meanwhile he abused the QB sneak glitch and bragged about it every chance he had, goes for it on questionable 4th downs all the time, links me sharkwater sites, etc. Glad he's one of the people in charge!

that's because those 4th downs happen because we're always down and out early

I think I singlehandedly had like 15 4th down attempts in that 80-7 loss to smokey

Ramirez

that's because those 4th downs happen because we're always down and out early

I think I singlehandedly had like 15 4th down attempts in that 80-7 loss to smokey

Which is my point, Luke usually posts a winning record ever season and is hardly ever blown out, yet goes for it on 4th as much as people with losing records and do get blown out often.

For the first 3 seasons, I totaled up the people who go for it on 4th the most:

Ravens-33
Pats-34
Titans-35
Colts-37
Redskins-60

Funny to me that a person who makes the playoffs every season needs to go for it on 4th down as much as 4 others, who aside from Sanjuro haven't really even smelled a chance at the playoffs!

4th down karma biting LW in the butt? :p

Luke still accusing me of stuff for a game that had no change on the outcome that season. Meanwhile he abused the QB sneak glitch and bragged about it every chance he had, goes for it on questionable 4th downs all the time, links me sharkwater sites, etc. Glad he's one of the people in charge!

lol i think he "bragged" about the peypey run because it was so fucking funny! not sure how anyone could be mad at that glitch.

and saying "yeah i cheated him out of a win but it had no effect on the season!" is like when dcx said "yeah i tried to cheat but i didn't benefit from it! what's the big deal!?"

Ramirez

lol i think he "bragged" about the peypey run because it was so fucking funny! not sure how anyone could be mad at that glitch.

and saying "yeah i cheated him out of a win but it had no effect on the season!" is like when dcx said "yeah i tried to cheat but i didn't benefit from it! what's the big deal!?"

He mad it a point to scramble with Peyton as much as possible after that happened, and every QB in this game can run at pretty much the same average speed, so it was lame.

But I said multiple times I didn't do it on purpose as far as the not counting the game thing.

I know you have to defend your corrupt partners though, it's ok!

Ramirez

Did you literally just say this

wow

Peyton scrambling for 60 yards, stiff arming both of my safeties, me throwing a pick 6 right after that because I was pissed didn't effect the out come of that game! Oh and hey, I didn't pull the plug on that, but me joking about it is reason to bring up that other game that didn't even matter in the end, even though I said it wasn't on purpose.

Or, it could be because he's playing DotA CB. You can put away the lotion.

LukeSmith

the silence from Luke means he is prepping a big post.

i cant wait.

There's nothing more to say to Ramirez, he IM'd me some, "I'm bringing you down!" message and I came to the thread to see some flaccid fourth down stats.

If Ramirez really wanted to look at the numbers and see who goes for it the most (and their success in so doing), he'd need some different numbers to prove his point.

The formula would be something like third downs not converted and then fourth down attempts against 3rd downs not converted to get a picture of who goes for it the most. As it turns out, Live could have like 300 more third down failures than anyone else in the league, making his fourth down attempts just an outlier on a graph, rather than statistically relevant.

I bet you my fourth down completion % is the highest of the people on that list, too.

It's some low-tier math Ramirez used.

Do I scramble more against Ramirez than anyone else? For sure! Why? Do you read the thread? Are you not entertained? Is it not amazing to see him complain after every game? Even the ones he wins?

Peyton scrambling for 60 yards, stiff arming both of my safeties, me throwing a pick 6 right after that because I was pissed didn't effect the out come of that game! Oh and hey, I didn't pull the plug on that, but me joking about it is reason to bring up that other game that didn't even matter in the end, even though I said it wasn't on purpose.

Or, it could be because he's playing DotA CB. You can put away the lotion.

It was 44 yards or so, he bounced off of one and stiff armed Troy Pomalalualualua. You just complain soooooooooo much, it's amazing. This must be some kind of outlet for you.

LukeSmith

Let's go Inside the Numbers with Indianapolis on fourth down.

Colts year 1: 99 third down attempts, 57 conversions
42 fourth downs and I went for it 15 times so 35% and I got it 7 of those 15 times.

Colts year 2: 111 third down attempts, 59 conversions
42 fourth downs and I went for it 10 so 24% times and got all 10.

Colts year 3: 127 third down attempts 61 conversions
66 fourth downs and I went for it 12 times so 18% and I converted 10 of them.

So over the course of the franchise, I actually go for it less, I've gotten worse on third down, and I complete 4th downs at a higher rate.

Even though 4th down attempts decline, the success rate goes up alongside the complaining. Fascinating.

Overall I'm 27/37 on fourth down.

And yeah, I was playing DOTA. Had my first game ever as Pudge. New main

bluemax

Banned
For a guy with an auto play defense who has won the most SBs this franchise, Ramirez sure has one hell of a persecution complex.

Trasher

Yo, Nightz. Sorry I wasn't around last night. I will be on tonight for sure though. Late east coast will work best for me. Lemme know what works for you.

even though ramirez complains a lot he is a legitimately good player. to a degree everyone benefits from highly rated players where the AI takes control but not everyone wins titles!

ramirez's biggest fault is that he complains about everything (even in victory!) but he is a pretty good madden player and that is indisputable!

Ramirez

For a guy with an auto play defense who has won the most SBs this franchise, Ramirez sure has one hell of a persecution complex.

I only have like 5 original Steelers on my D now, time to get a new excuse! My D is actually generating more TO's & Sacks this season than it ever has too, love it!

I didn't intend to get into a pissing match with Luke, it just always devolves into that, we're like an old married couple at this point. I was just pointing out that him having a problem with DCX's 4th down was ironic to me considering he's made many questionable calls against me. He's already admitted to playing a special type of game when he goes against me though, so maybe I was arguing a futile point to begin with. :p

Mrbob

Lol, one of the Bioware co founders is now publicly apologizing for the ending of ME3. Now I really need to finish this campaign! Sack up and back it if that is what you shipped in the box! It's amazing how much of a failure the company has become over the last couple years. DM, I'm not going to blame EA for this either! I just think Bioware has become incompetent.

Can't wait to see the reaction when the 'ending fix' is paid DLC.

Edit: Hope everything is stable with your mom Nightz!

Nightz

Yo, Nightz. Sorry I wasn't around last night. I will be on tonight for sure though. Late east coast will work best for me. Lemme know what works for you.

Not sure what time I'll be home today, but I should be able to play this evening. My mom went to the ER yesterday, gonna visit her today after work.

McNei1y

Lol, one of the Bioware co founders is now publicly apologizing for the ending of ME3. Now I really need to finish this campaign! Sack up and back it if that is what you shipped in the box! It's amazing how much of a failure the company has become over the last couple years. DM, I'm not going to blame EA for this either! I just think Bioware has become incompetent.

Get on with it so you can join us.

LukeSmith

I only have like 5 original Steelers on my D now, time to get a new excuse! My D is actually generating more TO's & Sacks this season than it ever has too, love it!

I didn't intend to get into a pissing match with Luke, it just always devolves into that, we're like an old married couple at this point. I was just pointing out that him having a problem with DCX's 4th down was ironic to me considering he's made many questionable calls against me. He's already admitted to playing a special type of game when he goes against me though, so maybe I was arguing a futile point to begin with. :p

Ramirez and I are old old old friends.

My problem with DCX 4th down was way less than other folks in this thread, and Livewire's Intercontinental Belt for Fourth Down Attempts made me even less upset with DCX terrible call.

Not sure what time I'll be home today, but I should be able to play this evening. My mom went to the ER yesterday, gonna visit her today after work.

Damn, man. Really, really sorry to hear this. I hope things turn around

CB3

Hoping for the best, bruh.

That ending was so god damn bad. i thought it was the usual GAF overreaction. But i was so so wrong. There is a reason that one of the Lost writers was joking around on his twitter saying he had nothing to do with the ME3 ending.

McNei1y

That ending was so god damn bad. i thought it was the usual GAF overreaction. But i was so so wrong. There is a reason that one of the Lost writers was joking around on his twitter saying he had nothing to do with the ME3 ending.

The best part is that BioWare is acting like it's pretty self explanitory.

CB3

Although to the guys that havent finished it, its worth it to be in on the discussion. There is something to be said for witnessing a historically bad ending.

Just play Red Dead Redemption after for a proper ending

i'm just trying to understand what would be so bad about it. it really has me wanting to finish the game because i can't imagine what would cause such a backlash from EVERYONE. i'm not doubting it but i'm just wondering..... my guesses are:

1. cliffhanger ending with paid DLC to come?
2. it was all a dream!
3. no ending at all? just fades to black before explaining anything at all? (i guess that's similar to #1)
4. some type of ending where everything is going to be destroyed but shepherd turns into some type of superhero-god and saves the universe

anyways, i'm going to try to power through ME 2 and get to part 3!

McNei1y

Although to the guys that havent finished it, its worth it to be in on the discussion. There is something to be said for witnessing a historically bad ending.

RDR's ending was good but the cinematic should've had like 40 more US Army troops.

i'm just trying to understand what would be so bad about it. it really has me wanting to finish the game because i can't imagine what would cause such a backlash from EVERYONE. i'm not doubting it but i'm just wondering..... my guesses are:

1. cliffhanger ending with paid DLC to come?
2. it was all a dream!
3. no ending at all? just fades to black before explaining anything at all? (i guess that's similar to #1)
4. some type of ending where everything is going to be destroyed but shepherd turns into some type of superhero-god and saves the universe

anyways, i'm going to try to power through ME 2 and get to part 3!

I'm not going to hint at what it is but the way they executed the ending was the failure.

CB3

the RDR ending was GREAT.

The first "ending" was good. Then it was like SIKE! We're gonna allow you to do what you wanted to do in a really awesome way!

McNei1y

the RDR ending was GREAT.

The first "ending" was good. Then it was like SIKE! We're gonna allow you to do what you wanted to do in a really awesome way!

Yeah. I didn't put enough enthusiasm into my good - it was excellent. One of my favorite endings to a game ever.

BigAT

RDR somehow managed to have not one but TWO amazing endings.

I really need to plow through ME3 as well just so I can finally read the discussion about the ending. I'm tired of basically avoiding the entire internet so I don't have it spoiled for me (aside from it apparently sucking).

Nightz

Sorry to hear, man. :( Hope she gets better.

dang sorry to hear that bro, hope everything is ok

Damn, man. Really, really sorry to hear this. I hope things turn around

Hoping for the best, bruh.

Thanks. It's not life-threatening or anything and she's doing fine. She was getting really bad stomach pains and they found out it was diverticulitis (inflamed pouches inside the intestine). Won't know until tomorrow if they have to operate or not.

Hope everything goes well, Nightz!

The headline for Stephen A's podcast today:

"Stephen A starts upset at rumors of the Jets' interest in Tebow. Then the trade becomes official and Stephen A. becomes more upset"

This is going to be beautiful

Ramirez

Is the ME3 ending worse than how everyone felt about the Halo 2 ending? (I loved it, personally, but it doesn't seem that anyone likes ME3's)

McNei1y

Is the ME3 ending worse than how everyone felt about the Halo 2 ending? (I loved it, personally, but it doesn't seem that anyone likes ME3's)

I didn't see this much response towards the Halo 2 ending. But that could be because the hatred for the ME3 ending is for a different reason than Halo 2's.

Ramirez

I didn't see this much response towards the Halo 2 ending. But that could be because the hatred for the ME3 ending is for a different reason than Halo 2's.

There was quite an uproar about Halo 2's ending back when it shipped, it's been like 8 years though, lol.

McNei1y

There was quite an uproar about Halo 2's ending back when it shipped, it's been like 8 years though, lol.

I mean I understand the reasoning behind the hatred of Halo 2's ending. People wanted more! This one is more along the lines of people asking themselves...what?

Anyway I don't want to say anymore and spoil it for everyone/Smokes. Just finish it and you'll see for yourself!

Trasher

I mean I understand the reasoning behind the hatred of Halo 2's ending. People wanted more! This one is more along the lines of people asking themselves...what?

Anyway I don't want to say anymore and spoil it for everyone/Smokes. Just finish it and you'll see for yourself!

I haven't even played any of these games, and I want to know so badly what this ending is lol.

Splat

GG. Fumble on the second play of the game. Ive played madden enough to know what that spells out for the rest of the game. Vick missing Jax streaking down the side open before the half ended basically daggered me.

Atleast i got the Mario Manningham achievement in garbage time!

It's nice being back on the other side of GG, but.

Top Bottom