• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Mrbob

I'm reading about some power leveling guides now but I think I'll stay away as it looks a bit cheesy and boring to do the same section over and over for hours.

I might consider if i take a character into hardcore mode, so I can quickly boost up EXP and not rage when I lose him/her when they are dead.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, he's Level 4 right now.

I don't get the decision here, maybe a professional maker of mainstream games can explain it to me. They let you warp to town at any point (with no real explanation) so why not just let you send your lackey as a pack mule? Given Blizzard's history of whole sale IP larceny, it's not like they give a shit about ripping other people off (and it's not like anyone seems to give a shit when they do).

I mean ya, thanks for letting me town warp at any time, but why not go the next step and let me send someone.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
because you arent really selling anything in this version of diablo? when im in town im breaking magic weapons down, repairing, and possibly fucking around with gems.

eznark

Banned
because you arent really selling anything in this version of diablo? when im in town im breaking magic weapons down, repairing, and possibly fucking around with gems.

"you're selling things, lol you're doing it wrong"

We clearly don't play the game the same way, that's firmly established. However, my guess is that I am not the only person in the broadband enable world who sells items. For those of us who apparently do it wrong, the decisions seems bizarre.

CB3

rare items sell for like 100 gold! you get that much for killing like 3 grunts. im not sure what you would be wasting time selling items for

eznark

Banned
rare items sell for like 100 gold! you get that much for killing like 3 grunts. im not sure what you would be wasting time selling items for

Gold seems to be roughly worthless outside of upgrading the blacksmith. So far nothing the blacksmith can make is appreciably better than the stuff I am picking up. As such, I'm picking up everything, selling it and upgrading the blacksmith.

The blacksmith/crafting is the most interesting mechanic in the game right now, so I'm trying to level him up. Therefore I need money.

cue incessant "lol doing it wrong doing it wrong doing it wrong"

CB3

i dunno about everything else you do. but if you are taking shit to sell at the merchants past level 5 or so you are really doing it wrong.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
what do you do with the weapons that can't be broken down, just leave them? I don't think I can do that.

LukeSmith

i dunno about everything else you do. but if you are taking shit to sell at the merchants past level 5 or so you are really doing it wrong.

Not this ship. I sell all kinds of shit to the vendor. I'll just use my friends Blacksmith while I pour gold into this crappy Monk

eznark

Banned

I've never heard of a game with less player agency than Diablo III. If you really believe there is only one correct way of doing everything, why do you bother playing?

Mrbob

I don't do much selling at the vendors either. I mostly just pick up magical items to break down at the smith. Seems like the further you go into the game, the bigger gold drops you get.

The selling I do is from the auction house, but it takes a day or two to get the money.

eznark

Banned
This first play through on normal is dead simple, I don't feel any need or desire to maximize every little aspect. My monk is indestructible already. I've died twice. Once when I didn't realize I was poisoned and once when I had alt+tabbed away from the game. I don't think the butcher even knocked a quarter of my health off.

LiveWire

I work more in 3 days than you do in a week. Most of your "work" is sending me articles on grantland and RG3 videos.

So you spend 3 days a week brunching with execs, buying Michigan/Colts apparel off of eBay and reading GAF? It's a wonder you guys have even shipped one game. :p

LukeSmith

So you spend 3 days a week brunching with execs, buying Michigan/Colts apparel off of eBay and reading GAF? It's a wonder you guys have even shipped one game. :p

This post doesn't even make sense. It's like you combined my life and the life you think you have into one miasma of stupid.

CB3

Beyond Good & Evil is 400 points on xbox this week. Never played it but people seem to love it so i bought it.

TheCrow

Forget about Diablo. It's time for another Yakuza game. Look at this badass and his little girl, Haruka who is going to be a playable character for the first time.

fFQg3.jpg

nTIUr.jpg

TheCrow

I can't wait for more Yakuza! I haven't played Yakuza: Dead Souls yet though.
Yay, I finally found a fellow Yakuza fan in maddengaf. Dead Souls was ok, I kinda rushed through the story since it doesn't really matter. Playing as Majima was the best part including his karaoke scenes.

iB4Hq4EUrAPpP.gif

TheCrow

At least you played one of the best ones. Glad they added the extra characters, Akiyama and Hana were my favorites. Can't wait for Yakuza 15 where Kazuma is an old man and the chairman of the Tojo Clan.

eznark

Banned
At least you played one of the best ones. Glad they added the extra characters, Akiyama and Hana were my favorites. Can't wait for Yakuza 15 where Kazuma is an old man and the chairman of the Tojo Clan.

At this rate it seems like Yakuza 15 will be out in what, four years?

TheCrow

If they keep with the current pace of 3 main games per system, old man Kazuma might happen near the end of the PS4 with Yakuza 8. And that's not including the 2 spin offs we had this generation. Hopefully Sega is still around by then.

TheCrow

I really liked the training Dojo quest for Saejima. I haven't played Yakuza 1 or 2, I wish they'd do an HD re-release of those.
I like what they did with Saejima's look in Yakuza 5. Sega's not in the best financial position so a HD re-release might not come anytime soon. 1 and 2 are great for different reasons. 2 is arguable the best in the series and 1 has the english dub with Mark Hamill as Majima.

The only football game where qb scrambling to the opposite endzone and back is a feasible, and fantastic, offensive option.

Safety Sneak forever bitches

Top Bottom