• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i thought about getting hot pursuit on 360 but part 2 is coming out sooner than later im guessing.

Mrbob

Anthony Hargrove straight up

nolan.gif

Taking offers for Fairley in '13 (real life and Madden)

I can't believe how unlucky we are sometimes. What a friggin idiot.

yahoo_fairleymug.jpg

Look at how happy he is though! A smile moms can love.

god damn dragons dogma is fucking ruthless. i was going a quest (with the help of lonestars pawn "Nick Saban", my pawn, and another hired pawn from someone on my buddy list!) and on the way i run into a band of thieves with like 4 mages who kept healing all of his buddies, then immediately after there was a cyclops around the corner. alright, took all of them out.

by this time, it's nightfall and i'm making my way through the forest and these motherfuckers i've never seen before show up. demon knights? i dont know what they were called but just ONE OF THEM ravaged my fucking team but i was able to finally kill him. now i'm kind of running low on supplies and run through a couple other gangs of dudes (no biggie with these guys).

my destination is now in sight on a narrow cliff path and who is standing in my way? another cyclops. luckily there is no one else around so we take him out. i get to the place i'm supposed to go and i'm supposed to search around for a tome, so i head off to the river near the castle..... and what is waiting for me? fucking cloaking lizard guys.... a shit load of them.

thankfully they are easier to kill with fire. i found a bunch of treasure and other stuff down by the lake but no tome! night falls again, i head back to the castle and on the way 4 more summoners show up and they summon a bunch of their skeleton buddies. after about a 30 minute battle i take them out and FINALLY get back to the castle where i see the marker now. i walk into the room and every motherfucker at the bandits castle/hideout is now attacking us.

so, 30 minutes later they're all dead. but i have no idea how i can make it back to my home base because it is a long ways away and i really don't have much in the way of supplies. there are no fast travel options in the game :(

i think when you bro's finally get around to playing the game you will love it doe

eznark

Banned
I want to watch it but it looks bleak. I have enough bleak TV shows. Why does no one do smart humor anymore?

Finished the normal playthrough. I loved it and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. Awful story, meh graphics, terrible pacing, simple boss battles.....and it's one of my favorite games this year.

Farmville for the hardcore.

CB3

"Let's pretend I'm not responsible for every single good thing that's happened to you."

Fire. Thats how i feel in every online team based multiplayer game.

CB3

If the season is almost over and you are only on episode 1, it aint my problem if i accidently spoil shit.

Although that was completely FMT there

BigAT

Difficulty is based around scaling, what exactly would be the point in letting a level 1 character into Nightmare with level 30 mobs?

eznark

Banned
Difficulty is based around scaling, what exactly would be the point in letting a level 1 character into Nightmare with level 30 mobs?

Blizzard did an awesome job of letting people jump into everyone elses games and what not, but the people who will play this game for months are the people who are going to want the challenges and high level loot. But now to play with someone who is a monk I need to spend 15 hours rushing through the normal mode with a different character? Blech. After you play through it once on normal, it'd be cool if nightmare was unlocked for all classes, and you just start with whatever level you finished on with that playthrough, so for me 32 or so. I have no interest in playing through the game again on brain dead mode, at least not anytime soon. The last five hours or so of my first play through I was just wishing it would end so I could play on a more challenging setting.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like that difficult a problem to solve and with this new skill system, it would be even easier than having to assign 30 level points to new classes.

As far as Diablo II, now that I think about it I don't think I ever played anything other than Amazon (until like two years ago when I played as Paladin I think)...this is probably why!

CB3

Eznark throwing random complaints that have been a mainstay of the diablo series is pretty entertaining. I cant wait for the next one.

eznark

Banned
Eznark throwing random complaints that have been a mainstay of the diablo series is pretty entertaining. I cant wait for the next one.

Yeah, completely gutting and changing the skill system is a-ok but letting people pick difficulty is somehow attacking sacred cows.

That makes total sense.

CB3

Id rather have the diablo 2 skill tree. no doubt. but the game works fine with the one it has now.

Chopping off difficulty requirements is stupid. Half the fun is building your guy up through the ranks.

Well, fuck the ending to LA Noire. That was so lame. I still really enjoyed the game, but it started to feel like a chore once I got to the arson desk. I 100% understand why people don't like the game, though. I want a sequel where I can play as a corrupt cop and get hooked on coke and set up other cops to get them out of the way. Make it happen Rockstar!

BigAT

I hated Cole as a character. He was obnoxiously judgmental while being a hypocrite and lacking the true morality to back it up. I was happy towards the end when (major LA Noire spoilers)
you got to play as his buddy from the war, who was a much better character. I felt pretty much nothing when Cole died since I cared so little for him.

Besides that, I also found it extremely frustrating a few cases into homicide knowing that no matter what you do with the investigation, you'll be arresting the wrong guy.

CB3

Well, fuck the ending to LA Noire. That was so lame. I still really enjoyed the game, but it started to feel like a chore once I got to the arson desk. I 100% understand why people don't like the game, though. I want a sequel where I can play as a corrupt cop and get hooked on coke and set up other cops to get them out of the way. Make it happen Rockstar!

told you

Yup, you guys were right. I can't bring myself to hate Cole, even though everything AT said is 100% true. I think its just because Aaron Stanton plays Phelps, though

eznark

Banned
Id rather have the diablo 2 skill tree. no doubt. but the game works fine with the one it has now.

Chopping off difficulty requirements is stupid. Half the fun is building your guy up through the ranks.

Why do you hate choice? Does your mom need to lay your clothes out in the morning so that you dont overheat your tiny brain?

Mrbob

Diablo 3 guest pass leading to sales + 1.

Gave one to a friend yesterday and he just told me he bought the full game after defeating the skeleton King. I'm surprised more games don't offer this functionality.

eznark

Banned
Diablo 3 guest pass leading to sales + 1.

Gave one to a friend yesterday and he just told me he bought the full game after defeating the skeleton King. I'm surprised more games don't offer this functionality.
Totally. I was kind of surprised there were no Starcraft guest passes in this.

eznark

Banned
Catching up on Game of Thrones while mindlessly clicking away. Good lord that scene where the chick gives birth to a shadow is every bit as retarded as Martin wrote it.

Top Bottom