• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Smokey

gaf goes down after nintendo shows a hipster asking his grandpa for game tips (wat) through the controller... and announcing miiverse

we are doomed

Congrats FMT! Now you can finally do all those sexual deeds you were afraid to ask her to do
that maybe she did with CB?
before you got married!

Also, AT's post gets a 100/10

There should be a Madden thread in gaming discussing all the huge OF improvements, right? See you guys there!

if there are 0 improvements, it will still be a very entertaining season. especially since we'll use that other site for the franchise site (the one with the better layout and that actually works with the draft/etc)

Thank you, thank you.

Anyone else (above the age of 16) find it funny that people are accusing Nintendo of stealing controller design?

what is funny about it? the controller looks nearly identical to the 360 design. it's like when nintendo fans threw a fit after seeing playstation all stars and it's obvious smash bros rip off.

i'm in for wiiU doe! looking good so far

eznark

Banned
what is funny about it? the controller looks nearly identical to the 360 design. it's like when nintendo fans threw a fit after seeing playstation all stars and it's obvious smash bros rip off.

Who gives a shit, it's a good design?

lolomg Ford's steering wheel looks identical to Chevy's!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
the 360 control design is perfect besides its d-pad. nintendo seems to have rectified that. im ok with every console maker using that exact control design for eternity.

the 360 control design is perfect besides its d-pad. nintendo seems to have rectified that. im ok with every console maker using that exact control design for eternity.

yep. it's a perfect controller for gaming. i don't hate the PS3 controller (and prefer the d-pad) but it's just not as good as 360

BigAT

Namely that virtually every one of Nintendo's controller innovations have been stolen by other companies and now people are giving them shit because it looks like a controller that wouldn't exist without ideas taken from them in the first place.

Ironic is probably a more appropriate word for my reaction, rather than "funny".

I agree, they should offer a slightly larger size though.

Bahahahaha, belichick wears a suit to the Heat-Celtics game.

Namely that virtually every one of Nintendo's controller innovations have been stolen by other companies and now people are giving them shit because it looks like a controller that wouldn't exist without ideas taken from them in the first place.

Ironic is probably a more appropriate word for my reaction, rather than "funny".

i'm not sure why anyone ever whines about good games or hardware that is "stolen/borrowed/whatever" by other companies. if something is good, why wouldn't you want more of it from other companies?

but back to the wiiU, nintendo is saying all the right things so far. just need to hear they're serious about a unified online system and they have my money day 1!

i'm not sure why anyone ever whines about good games or hardware that is "stolen/borrowed/whatever" by other companies. if something is good, why wouldn't you want more of it from other companies?

but back to the wiiU, nintendo is saying all the right things so far. just need to hear they're serious about a unified online system and they have my money day 1!

Monopoly

Somnia

Well it defiantly doesn't do friend codes again. Should be an interesting Tuesday/Wednesday. Their entire Tuesday conference is all WiiU no 3DS and then Wednesday they have another show called the "software showcase".

BTW Congrats man!

Well it defiantly doesn't do friend codes again. Should be an interesting Tuesday/Wednesday. Their entire Tuesday conference is all WiiU no 3DS and then Wednesday they have another show called the "software showcase".

BTW Congrats man!

thanks friend!

i'm hoping they announce price/date and its up for pre-order before i leave on tuesday. i don't think i'll have internet access for a couple weeks

CB3

As long as you are vacationing in a modern area, there will be internet access somewhere. And since nintendo is tuesday morning you should have a date/price.

As long as you are vacationing in a modern area, there will be internet access somewhere. And since nintendo is tuesday morning you should have a date/price.

well my friend just went on his honeymoon to bora bora and he said they had a community computer at the resort so maybe they'll have one in fiji. that will also go over well with my gf (or wife.... fuck i don't like saying that): "uhhh you go ahead, E3 is happening so i have to read up on madden impressions/wiiU/etc"

TheCrow

So, I'm going to be in LA next week till the 16th after staying at Anaheim for MLG. Tell me what I should check out. My Uncle should cover most of the standard tourist spots.

LukeSmith

congrats FMT, it was a lot of fun, thanks for the invite!

O/U on months till FMT has a spawn?

So, I'm going to be in LA next week till the 16th after staying at Anaheim for MLG. Tell me what I should check out. My Uncle should cover most of the standard tourist spots.

You're traveling for a video game tournament? Are you playing in it or just going to stare lovingly at the dude in your avatar

lol it was an extremely small wedding. extremely!

and i would be shocked if i had kids anytime soon if at all. just not cut out for that shit.

p.s.

crow: in n out >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5 guys, also try pinks hot dogs

CB3

Small weddings are the way to go. When my sister got married it was around 80 people i think and that was a god damn nightmare. And its not like i was even planning the shit out. Just the residual shit from being the brother was enough to make me never wanna be a part of one again.

TheCrow

You're traveling for a video game tournament? Are you playing in it or just going to stare lovingly at the dude in your avatar
Mostly the second part as I stalk him all weekend.

Was planning a trip to Mexico this summer but it didn't work out, so California was the second choice. Ending up noticing that MLG was also over the summer so it just worked out that way.

BigAT

and i would be shocked if i had kids anytime soon if at all. just not cut out for that shit.

p.s.

crow: in n out >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5 guys, also try pinks hot dogs

I know you're a huge 49ers fan, but was an Alex Smith themed wedding really necessary?

burger_king_tiny_hands.jpg

eznark

Banned

p.s.

I didn't know the courthouse was open for shotgun weddings on weekends.

Should I buy Dragons Dogma today FMT?

I didn't know the courthouse was open for shotgun weddings on weekends.

Should I buy Dragons Dogma today FMT?

DD is really good, but my main issues are:

1. no fast travel system. so you go on a quest all the way across the map, you finish that, and then you have to travel by foot all the way fucking back to the main castle! now i've been told there are gems you can buy that will transfer you back to the main castle but i haven't found anyone who has sold them yet.

2. awful screen tearing on 360, shitty framerate on ps3. i'm usually not a whiner about that stuff but it's a real pain in the ass here. i have learned to live with it but it's tough

3. the game is ruthless in a dark souls kinda way. you can just be traveling somewhere and then boom out of nowhere a fucking griffin and a bunch of assholes are on you. there is an auto save but its few and far between so a few times i've forgotten to save and lost a lot of progress because i died in an ambush

at it's worst, it's very repetitive. at it's best, it's like diablo, dark souls and skyrim fucked and had this baby. i'd say to wait for it to drop to $30 unless you really love loot style games

Somnia

This MS conference is the worst ive ever seen.

It was horrible.

Halo 4 looked good, Tomb Raider looked ok and South Park looked good with them trolling microsoft.

Smart Glass looks like a poor mans wiiu, having to use 2 devices, etc.

also,

TIGER TIGER TIGER, HIKE, *wait 10 seconds*, RUN

Splat

Xenoblade down in 115 hours. GoT season 1 defeated (holy shit). Onto Witcher 2 I guess (never played 1), and GoT season 2.

Also grats FMT!

Top Bottom