• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Mrbob

Failing just like you did in our monopoly game!

The cycle is most of us getting excite about madden features and the game turns out a turd once more.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Failing just like you did in our monopoly game!

The cycle is most of us getting excite about madden features and the game turns out a turd once more.

i havent been excited about madden features since the initial madden 10 OF. If you got excited about gameflow, thats your business.

TheCrow

info dump!
dligD.gif

CB3

This EA sports VP sounds like he knows what the fuck he is talking about. Thats refreshing

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm curious as to how exactly this will work. What if I'm the Saints, but I want to go with a power running offense? Will all the power backs be rated low on my draft board? Also, will it only be a differnt OVR that I see, or will all of the ratings vary between teams/coaches?

That said...all of this does sound pretty exciting...almost too good to be true!

Yeah, I'm curious too for exactly your same reason. I MUCH prefer a power running style, which the Giants don't necessarily favor anymore, for example. This is going to be interesting.

McNei1y

Also, aside from all of the necessary features for a franchise (like draft, salary cap, etc), I'm really pumped about the stats and potential feature. I'm assuming when they say "anyone can become a superstar" refers to how well a player does in a season. So if I have a shitty MLB rated 73 but he has like 6 sacks, 8 ints, and all those other juicy stats then I wonder if he'll jump up to a 80 something and junk.

So you're telling me its a REAL FUCKING ONLINE FRANCHISE??!?

W2Y2O.gif

i don't want to celebrate yet until we get 100% confirmation that it is what we think it is but if it is then EA really went all out this year. we get full online franchise, improved passing, a semi-physics engine (nowhere close to back breaker but its something), dynamic ratings.... again too early to say but that NCAA guy coming over to madden seems to be the best thing to happen in years!

and madden has never been flat out shitty bob. it's just been very lean on features. no one can deny that it is enjoyable playing in the online franchise at gaf and no one can deny that the game lasts us basically from august to march/april/may in most years. sounds like u mad that jaime brooks is dead and gone! don't worry brother, i'm going to start The Jack English Support group to help people like us cope with the loss of a great fictional gridiron warriors :(

CB3

Im excited that they seem to have an actual fucking map of what they want to do going forward.

I see that they say 32 human players and junk but it would be a huge tease if we couldn't even play against eachother :lol

ive just gotten my hopes up too many times to only be let down! but the thing is, if they're saying offline/online franchise are seamless and connected, then what else could it be? because they sure as fuck aren't changing single player online franchise

Splat

and madden has never been flat out shitty bob. it's just been very lean on features. no one can deny that it is enjoyable playing in the online franchise at gaf and no one can deny that the game lasts us basically from august to march/april/may in most years. sounds like u mad that jaime brooks is dead and gone! don't worry brother, i'm going to start The Jack English Support group to help people like us cope with the loss of a great fictional gridiron warriors :(

RIP Cooper Fitzgerald.

Time to take away dev's time from being able to talk to press on Wednesday!

McNei1y

Its not. they have been making the connection to OF. This is it.

It could just be a glorified fantasy football system brother.
just kidding its totally the OF we've dreamed about.

I haven't looked at anything E3 related today aside from Halo 4 and it has got me pumped as tits. Has there been any mention by EA about a new MLB game? :(

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
In Connected Careers, you can get fired as a coach or released as a player. If you are not hired or signed by the end of the offseason, we'll force you to retire your character. As mentioned above, you can always go back through and create a new character and keep going in the league.

who's nervous?

Top Bottom