• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Nightz

So I've been filling my football void by watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix. My wife and I finished season 1 before leaving for Hawaii and we watched the first five episodes of season 2 last night. I noticed that S2 seems to have dipped in quality, so does it get better from here or is it all downhill?

Also since we visited the site where they filmed Lost, my wife wants to start watching the series now. Neither of us watched Lost, but judging from the responses here and the NFL thread, I'm assuming watching it is a bad idea?

BigAT

I had a dream about playing Madden last night. It didn't make any sense.

Was the first 3/4 of the dream really good before turning into a nightmare?

Also since we visited the site where they filmed Lost, my wife wants to start watching the series now. Neither of us watched Lost, but judging from the responses here and the NFL thread, I'm assuming watching it is a bad idea?
Whenever any of my friends ask me if they should check it out, I always advise against it. The first season and a half or so are great, but the later seasons and the conclusion are complete trash. It's not really a show that you can just watch for a bit and then put down either. You get far too invested in the questions and the mysteries of the show, but the questions are ultimately answered poorly or just completely ignored. It's pretty clear the show staff was just writing out of their asses and had no idea how to actually give reason to the story or explain the nonsense they had initially came up with.

I was actively hating the show for the last two seasons it was on, only staying with it because I was already invested with four years of watching and I needed to see how it would finish up (which still ended up being incredibly disappointing).

Watch Breaking Bad instead, if you aren't already.

Colasante

So I've been filling my football void by watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix. My wife and I finished season 1 before leaving for Hawaii and we watched the first five episodes of season 2 last night. I noticed that S2 seems to have dipped in quality, so does it get better from here or is it all downhill?

Season 2 is really weak and has one notable "jump the shark" plotline, but seasons 3, 4, and 5 are all very good to excellent.

McNei1y

Was the first 3/4 of the dream really good before turning into a nightmare?

I don't remember. I do remember RG3 being in it but I think he was driving a go kart around on the field or some shit. The last part of the dream just left a bad taste in my mouth.

FNL Season 2 is really bad. I think that the writers strike had some sort of effect on it. Season 3-5 are back to being a very great tv show.

Lost is also decent. It definitely gets confusing and tons of WTF's will be thrown around when you watch it but if you have nothing else to watch, I'd say go for it. The character development is really damn good in that show. I think Lost received all of its success and acclaim when watched during its original airing. I mean it really did suck waiting week after week, season after season.

Watching NFL Films Presents Super Bowl XLVI. Patriots sideline is so fun to watch in this game. Right from the start Brady is just sad with himself because of the intentional grounding safety, you can just see how stupid he feels when he's explaining what he was doing to his QB coach. And then on the redzone play where NE's D has twelve men on the field Brady is on the bench looking at the tv mouthing "timeout, we need a timeout, timeout", hike, 5 yard penalty, first down. :jnc

Welker's dropped catch is just as amazing as Manningham's sideline catch. Welker just doesn't drop perfect passes like that. What an awesome SuperBowl that was.

Nightz

Cool, thanks guys. We'll stick out season 2 of Friday Night Lights and keep going. I guess we'll wait until after we finish FNL to decide what to watch next.

Colasante

Lost was the ultimate "you had to be there" show. I don't think its twists will really have the same impact now as they did then, when you were able to discuss and theorize with people after the fact. Also the sixth season is just an unmitigated disaster, and I say that as an ultimate Lost apologist.

McNei1y

Lost was the ultimate "you had to be there" show. I don't think its twists will really have the same impact now as they did then, when you were able to discuss and theorize with people after the fact. Also the sixth season is just an unmitigated disaster, and I say that as an ultimate Lost apologist.

Waiting for each episode and each season was awful but I really did like all of the theorizing and the hype and anticipation. I also liked watching some of the season sneak peek videos they did.

Halawax and the Orchid instruction tape

Mrbob

Season 2 is an outlier. I don't know what happened. Show gets weird at times. But it gets back to greatness in season 3 and continues through the end of the show in season 5. The last episode is one of my favorite ending episodes of any series.

BigAT

Season 2 is an outlier. I don't know what happened. Show gets weird at times. But it gets back to greatness in season 3 and continues through the end of the show in season 5. The last episode is one of my favorite ending episodes of any series.

Yuck. It's such stupid, poorly written fan service...

TheCrow

Guess I'll post some of the pics from MLG. Here's my pictures with MKP and Tokido since some of you following the pro fighting scene. Unfortunately, Tokido's pic was near the fighter area which was practically pitch black since it was stuck in a small corner of the venue. The last picture is of my sister's shirt that got signed by 19 pro gamers. She also took a picture with MKP and Leenock but she'd kill me if I posted them.

ibtAxONoo3ALu7.jpg

iE2gd5aPSgKoZ.jpg

iJxOcEigrWsQD.jpg

TheCrow

Looking through the pics and MKP has major hover hand when he took a picture with my sister. He was sitting down so I guess he didn't want to put his hand on her waist. What a gentleman.

Ferny

Looking through the pics and MKP has major hover hand when he took a picture with my sister. He was sitting down so I guess he didn't want to put his hand on her waist. What a gentleman.

But he's not hovering on your shoulder....romance for sure.

BigAT

MKP has always come off to me as a bit of a...well, there may be another reason why he didn't want to put his hand on your sister.

TheCrow

But he's not hovering on your shoulder....romance for sure.

This should be me instead of MC. -_-

Aq_LBJNCAAIpWd6.jpg

MKP has always come off to me as a bit of a...well, there may be another reason why he didn't want to put his hand on your sister.
Almost all the korean pros are very touchy feely with each other. They are always hugging the other players, even the Kespa guys were guilty of this. I think it's just a difference in culture since I heard some of them, including MKP, say they prefer foreign girls in an interview.

Mrbob

Got Dayum, just helped kick off the biggest rally I've ever had in a Tribes match. Capture the Flag is set up the first one to five scores wins or the highest score in a 25 minute match. We were down 4 to 0 with just over 4 minutes left in the match when I capped a flag and the team lead a furious comeback. Tied it at 4 with under 30 seconds left and won 5 to 4 in extra time! So much fun!

Taking out the enemy with the flag is almost as fun as capping it yourself. The other team came extremely close to capping in extra time when I took their flag holder out right over a hill leading to their base. Grabbed the flag to send it back to our base a second before i got blown away by the enemy team hovering around.

TheCrow

Bought Binary Domain after I've had it from gamefly for weeks. Maybe it's time to cancel my subscription. It was a much better choice when I wasn't so busy working/studying. :/

eznark

Banned
Bought Binary Domain after I've had it from gamefly for weeks. Maybe it's time to cancel my subscription. It was a much better choice when I wasn't so busy working/studying. :/

I just signed up for GameFly for a free month to test it out. So far I'm impressed by how hilariously slow they are in receiving and sending games.

Sanjuro

I just signed up for GameFly for a free month to test it out. So far I'm impressed by how hilariously slow they are in receiving and sending games.

They aren't bad unless you want an older game. If you map out release dates and what games you're looking to play ahead of time, you're golden. You'll get it week one. Main problem otherwise, online access codes.

I stopped it though. I treat most of my games like rentals at this point. Only problem now is if you get a game late to the party and somehow it holds it's value.

Ex.
$20 Gift Card.
Purchase Max Payne 3. Total: $40
Get $20 gift card with purchase.
Play Max Payne for a week. Beat it.
Sell max Payne for around $30 - $40.

$20 Gift Card
Rinse & Repeat.

Smokey

Depends on how close you are to the distro center. Usually takes 2 days for game to get to them, even faster if they use Fast Return. 2 days for next game to get to me.

eznark

Banned
I guess I must be far away. Oh well, I'm close to Amazon which means Prime shipments sometimes come same day!

Fair trade off.

Nightz

Yeah I'm 2 hours away from the distribution center. I get my games the day after they send them out (I get new releases on release day since they send 'em out the day before), and they usually receive my games a day after I send them. Like Sanjuro said, if you manage your queue for new releases properly, the service is pretty great. My only issue this year is there haven't been many new games that I really wanted to play, so I've been sitting on Red Dead Redemption and Vanquish for the past two months. Haven't even opened the envelopes for them lol.

eznark

Banned
Yeah I'm 2 hours away from the distribution center. I get my games the day after they send them out (I get new releases on release day since they send 'em out the day before), and they usually receive my games a day after I send them. Like Sanjuro said, if you manage your queue for new releases properly, the service is pretty great. My only issue this year is there haven't been many new games that I really wanted to play, so I've been sitting on Red Dead Redemption and Vanquish for the past two months. Haven't even opened the envelopes for them lol.

I'm not even worried about new releases, just trying to play some Vita games. It took a week for my first game to get to me, I guess the closest distribution warehouse to me is in China.

Ramirez

RDR is like the best SP game this gen, play that.

Nightz

RDR is like the best SP game this gen, play that.

I know it's good. I got RDR when it launched and got halfway through Mexico, which seems like the place where most people who played this game stopped. I've heard that the game has a good ending and I want to see it, but my dilemma is if I should continue my save, not know what's going on, and just power through Mexico or start from the beginning
where I'll probably stop at Mexico again

Ramirez

I didn't find Mexico to be that bad, the only points in the game where I got frustrated, or had to force myself to play were the herding missions. I have Witcher 2 on my PC, but I never played the first and I was completely lost as to what was going on. Haven't really bothered playing it since...probably never will. lol

Splat

Got Dayum, just helped kick off the biggest rally I've ever had in a Tribes match. Capture the Flag is set up the first one to five scores wins or the highest score in a 25 minute match. We were down 4 to 0 with just over 4 minutes left in the match when I capped a flag and the team lead a furious comeback. Tied it at 4 with under 30 seconds left and won 5 to 4 in extra time! So much fun!

Taking out the enemy with the flag is almost as fun as capping it yourself. The other team came extremely close to capping in extra time when I took their flag holder out right over a hill leading to their base. Grabbed the flag to send it back to our base a second before i got blown away by the enemy team hovering around.

If only it didn't tarnish the entirety of the Tribes legacy.

Top Bottom