• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

McNei1y

Bob, are you playing tribes ascend? I didn't know about this until you started to talk about it. I downloaded this and am going to try it out since I am bored atm.

Mrbob

Bob, are you playing tribes ascend? I didn't know about this until you started to talk about it. I downloaded this and am going to try it out since I am bored atm.

Yup. Been playing it quite a bit lately.

MrBobz

That's my Tribes name. Add me! Won't be home till later tonight but i'll be online to play!

Double XP weekend going on right now too, good time to start playing. If you like it I'd recommend buying one item in game, then you'll get a 50 percent XP boost that is attached to your account for as long as you play the game. Makes it easier to get XP to unlock things in game.

Mrbob

Yeah its very cool. And unlike Starhawk, there are tons of servers populated with players. FMT, I'll accept my free copy of Madden 13!

On a slightly different note, sounds like there is going to be another Killing Floor event this summer. When it goes dirt cheap on Steam you guys should pick it up. I'd love to be able to play this game with more people.

Yeah its very cool. And unlike Starhawk, there are tons of servers populated with players. FMT, I'll accept my free copy of Madden 13!

On a slightly different note, sounds like there is going to be another Killing Floor event this summer. When it goes dirt cheap on Steam you guys should pick it up. I'd love to be able to play this game with more people.

check my profile brah, i've played starhawk plenty. not my fault you're never around or don't show up when a game is planned!

LukeSmith

God, to think FMT is paying for bobby to be in this league when we could've had a real fan like AirBrian as the Bears

Mrbob

FMT trying to weasel his way out again. Just like how he didn't "buy" Madden 12 since his then GF, now wife bought it for him!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Has anyone other than Ferny played the Walking Dead episodic games? I don't like this style of game but I'm really into it. It's probably cause I'm starving for more zombies since I just powered through all the comics, it's constantly got me at the edge of my seat.

Mrbob

Yeah, I finished Episode 2 today. The first two episodes have been really good, obvious plot twist in episode 2 withstanding. The intensity in the experience is great. Especially for an adventure game where you wouldn't think it could be intense.

TheCrow

Love the series but the wait between episodes is terrible. Need to find more games like it. MASQ is the only similar game I've played.

BigAT

I bought the first two episodes shortly after the second was released. I just finished episode 1 yesterday and thought it was very good. It's good to see some actually mature writing in a video game for once.

I'm kind of pacing myself and haven't started episode 2 yet even though I would like to, just because it does seem like the wait between releases is so long.

TheCrow

I bought the first two episodes shortly after the second was released. I just finished episode 1 yesterday and thought it was very good. It's good to see some actually mature writing in a video game for once.

I'm kind of pacing myself and haven't started episode 2 yet even though I would like to, just because it does seem like the wait between releases is so long.

I think the time between 1 and 2 was unusually long. Episode 3 should be out in 1 month not 2. I was surprised that the game actually got me to care about Clementine.

Sokantish

Yeah The Walking Dead has been awesome. I bought the season when episode 1 came out though and it took forever for episode 2 to release. Now I just read that episode 3 will be out mid august! I never bought one of their seasons before it was complete so I didn't know it took them this long. Kind of disappointing

TheCrow

Yeah The Walking Dead has been awesome. I bought the season when episode 1 came out though and it took forever for episode 2 to release. Now I just read that episode 3 will be out mid august! I never bought one of their seasons before it was complete so I didn't know it took them this long. Kind of disappointing

Just read about that. So fucking disappointed.

In happier news, I got a new avatar. :D

Ferny

Has anyone other than Ferny played the Walking Dead episodic games? I don't like this style of game but I'm really into it. It's probably cause I'm starving for more zombies since I just powered through all the comics, it's constantly got me at the edge of my seat.

Episode 2 was awesome. I feel like even if you saw the twist it only made the experience better. I can't wait till ep 3!

eznark

Banned
I'm 3/5 of the way through episode 2 and have no desire to keep playing. I loved episode 1 but the writing and story in this episode are so damn terrible and bog standard that I just don't give a shit.I hate adventure games where you know exactly what is going to happen every step of the way and you can't do a damn thing to change the outcomes.

TheCrow

I'm 3/5 of the way through episode 2 and have no desire to keep playing. I loved episode 1 but the writing and story in this episode are so damn terrible and bog standard that I just don't give a shit.I hate adventure games where you know exactly what is going to happen every step of the way and you can't do a damn thing to change the outcomes.

There are very few games where I am genuinely surprised at the story or that actually let you affect the storyline. As soon as I saw the farm I knew it was going to be about
cannibals
but it was still handled extremely well in terms of how these specific characters react in that very generic situation.

Edit: Anyone else watching EVO this weekend? I'm glad my boss won't be in today so I'll be free to be stream monster all day.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There are very few games where I am genuinely surprised at the story or that actually let you affect the storyline. As soon as I saw the farm I knew it was going to be about cannibals but it was still handled extremely well in terms of how these specific characters react in that very generic situation.

:( Thanks buddy.

eznark

Banned
There are very few games where I am genuinely surprised at the story or that actually let you affect the storyline. As soon as I saw the farm I knew it was going to be about
cannibals
but it was still handled extremely well in terms of how these specific characters react in that very generic situation.

Edit: Anyone else watching EVO this weekend? I'm glad my boss won't be in today so I'll be free to be stream monster all day.

As soon as I saw the episode title I knew it. My problem isn't the story, it's that its written so lazily. It's so damn generic. I wonder if the lack of originality/creativity is a result of the production schedule?

:( Thanks buddy.

Trust me, you would've figured it out well before the reveal.

Smokey

Wait I forgot I had season pass..so ncaa is available tonight? Is this what you're saying?

If so we play and I stream it and I tap dat ass

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Oh shit. Just woke up and wasn't even thinking about that. Don't know if it helps any but you would probably tell that's going to happen minutes into the game.

As soon as I saw the episode title I knew it. My problem isn't the story, it's that its written so lazily. It's so damn generic. I wonder if the lack of originality/creativity is a result of the production schedule?

Trust me, you would've figured it out well before the reveal.

Actually, I recognized the characters from the comic book during the preview so it's not a huge shocker. :p

The episodes are short if part 1 is any indication, so I can't buy the production schedule as a reason for the short coming of the story.

TheCrow

Actually, I recognized the characters from the comic book during the preview so it's not a huge shocker. :p

The episodes are short if part 1 is any indication, so I can't buy the production schedule as a reason for the short coming of the story.

I blame Whitta for the delay but most people seem to really enjoy episode 2. Ignore ez, it's just eznark being eznark. ;)

It's time for Evo: http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/live/index.html Let's go Daigo and Tokido!

eznark

Banned
But yes it is just me being me.

If you are normally ok with the God awful, rote, cliched story telling of video games and have no interest in critical thinking and no problems with logical fallacies or brain dead characters (like most gamers) then you will love the story in episode 2.

TheCrow

But yes it is just me being me.

If you are normally ok with the God awful, rote, cliched story telling of video games and have no interest in critical thinking and no problems with logical fallacies or brain dead characters (like most gamers) then you will love the story in episode 2.

3532605_o.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wait I forgot I had season pass..so ncaa is available tonight? Is this what you're saying?

If so we play and I stream it and I tap dat ass

Why dont you stop avoiding me on AIM and take your rockets beating (in real life and 2k) like a man.

Also, hey guys. Im back

Top Bottom