• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Smokey

That's right. Instead we allow asante Samuel to move teams for some who gives a fuck draft pick. Or allow MaddenGod to almost swindle the Lions until it was brought up that it was robbery. One thing in common: all involved those in power or considered to be the best Madden player of all de time. Overlords look out for Overlords.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
f2ksb.png

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Maybe you'll finally win a championship instead of wasting your OP team. What do you think? You think this year we finally make that step CB

If we're going off 2k12 success ill walk right to the championship

Mrbob

A guess a game isn't truly over till its over in Tribes. Or i'm good luck. Just came back from another 4 to 0 deficit to win the CTF game.

LukeSmith

A guess a game isn't truly over till its over in Tribes. Or i'm good luck. Just came back from another 4 to 0 deficit to win the CTF game.

You're garbage. This reminds me of when you were hyping up your low tier Tidehunter in DOTA. Once trash, forever trash

That's right. Instead we allow asante Samuel to move teams for some who gives a fuck draft pick. Or allow MaddenGod to almost swindle the Lions until it was brought up that it was robbery. One thing in common: all involved those in power or considered to be the best Madden player of all de time. Overlords look out for Overlords.

Meh, I needed to dump cap space and was essentially getting a QB of equal caliber plus a 1st rounder. I approached Rors about the trade. Never felt swindled and was ready to add depth to a team that really didn't have it. People just brought it up as robbery because the AFC didn't want Rors to have a QB with monster THP. Whatever, though. Its done and over with. No use in crying over it, right?

Mrbob

Anybody been playing Blacklight Retribution? I can't get into any servers.

Also, anyone get into the Shootmania beta? I didn't get in. :/

He's found a niche in the FPS market where he feels good, let him be.

Halo is dead now. You need a new FPS to invest into! Join the Tribes army!

LiveWire

FPS is dead, fuck the Call of Counter-Strike era. Call me when they bring back a real man's game like Quake or the original UT.

Mrbob

Tribes and UT CTF have some similarity. You should join Tribes as well. It has some modern settings to it but in many ways it is the anti CoD. Relying on teamwork for victory.

Splat

Tribes and UT CTF have some similarity. You should join Tribes as well. It has some modern settings to it but in many ways it is the anti CoD. Relying on teamwork for victory.

Because you can't rely on bob for victory.

If they'd called it something else, I'd maybe be interested. Even my old Tribes friends that were trying to pull me in eventually jumped ship.

Mrbob

What were they expecting? That it isn't a 1:1 copy? You can't do an exact copy of the original game, and Ascend seems to be the closest to the original we have ever had. I can understand not liking the unlock scheme (though it seems one of the better options in the F2P genre) but the core game is extremely close to the original. Maybe not as hilly but you can definitely still build up momentum to ski.

If they don't like other modes I couldn't say anything about those. I only play CTF. Don't care about death match or capture and hold.

Splat

What were they expecting? That it isn't a 1:1 copy? You can't do an exact copy of the original game, and Ascend seems to be the closest to the original we have ever had. I can understand not liking the unlock scheme (though it seems one of the better options in the F2P genre) but the core game is extremely close to the original. Maybe not as hilly but you can definitely still build up momentum to ski.

If they don't like other modes I couldn't say anything about those. I only play CTF. Don't care about death match or capture and hold.

To be honest, here's the issues I actually have with the game, feel free to let me know if any have been fixed:

There's a speed limit. <--- the worst.
There's air control without jets. <--- also terrible
Jets work less the faster you are going. <--- I'm gonna end up calling all of these awful so I'll stop.
There's still no reason to defend your base since you spawn in gear.
IF you're going to have static loadouts, there need to be 3 weapons per loadout.
If you're going to remake a classic Tribes map, don't make it look worse than the originals (stonehenge, I'm looking at you).
Friction is super high when not skiing.
There's about 1000% too many high-speed-projectile or hitscan weapons.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
It's ok . If 2k doesn't fuck up leagues in 2k13 I will do what morey can't: bring a superstar to Houston . I am Sam presti disciple in the world of GMs. I don't rage quit because I know you can't see me with the rockets. I just let u have your fun.

FMT are we dancing tonight. I'm ready to dong on u with UH

Broadcast that shit on Twitch as there is nothing on TV tonight.

Speaking of UH, got my Cougar Pride and Season Tickets paid off today. You need to come out to our tailgate one game.

Mrbob

Ok, so you kind of want a complete remake of the original. Not much I can say to that. I only started playing since the game went onto Steam, and I know they had an update to the game then that altered things. While there is still a max speed cap you are still zooming and you can clear from one side of the map to the other in a couple jumps if you time it right.

Although the one comment I don't understand is about defense. Plenty of reasons to defend your base, both the flag and the generator. You want to keep your scanner active, the turrets active, not only the big ones but also the small ones you can lay as a technician. People are dropping force fields, turrets, and motion detectors against cloaked enemies all over so it matters to play defense. A team of only flag chasers are going to lose. A well coordinated defense is a pain in the ass to try and infiltrate.

Edit: PC gaming is just too awesome to stop lately. Orcs Must Die 2 is out on July 30!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201790/

Too bad it sounds like Torchlight 2 got pushed back to September.

Smokey

Broadcast that shit on Twitch as there is nothing on TV tonight.

Speaking of UH, got my Cougar Pride and Season Tickets paid off today. You need to come out to our tailgate one game.

Yup would be fun. Although construction is horrible down there...even when I was in school a few years ago. Can't wait until they burn down Robertson and rebuild in a few years...construction for everyone!

dskillzhtown

Yup would be fun. Although construction is horrible down there...even when I was in school a few years ago. Can't wait until they burn down Robertson and rebuild in a few years...construction for everyone!

The plan is the finish the season there this season, play at Reliant for a season and in 2014 play in the new UH stadium right where Robertson is now. Supposedly the new Rob will be right where the old one is now.

The rumor is UH will open the 2013 season with Boise State in Reliant. We will see.

Smokey

The plan is the finish the season there this season, play at Reliant for a season and in 2014 play in the new UH stadium right where Robertson is now. Supposedly the new Rob will be right where the old one is now.

The rumor is UH will open the 2013 season with Boise State in Reliant. We will see.

Yup that's what I heard too. Next few years will be interesting. As soon as football is done they need to immediately work on Hofheinz. Probably the worst gym for a D1 school that I've been too. TSU has a way nicer gym than UH. That's unacceptable.

Splat

Ok, so you kind of want a complete remake of the original. Not much I can say to that. I only started playing since the game went onto Steam, and I know they had an update to the game then that altered things. While there is still a max speed cap you are still zooming and you can clear from one side of the map to the other in a couple jumps if you time it right.

Although the one comment I don't understand is about defense. Plenty of reasons to defend your base, both the flag and the generator. You want to keep your scanner active, the turrets active, not only the big ones but also the small ones you can lay as a technician. People are dropping force fields, turrets, and motion detectors against cloaked enemies all over so it matters to play defense. A team of only flag chasers are going to lose. A well coordinated defense is a pain in the ass to try and infiltrate.

I'm not asking for a complete remake. I'm asking that if the whole defining aspect of the game is freedom of movement, you don't go restraining movement. Sure, give new guns. Sure, give new armor types, sure give new vehicles, sure add new mechanics in the same vein (grapple hook in T:V is a good example. The game came out way early and suffered, but the idea is good). Make it prettier. Make new maps. Fuck, if you really need to, have regereating health, just don't fuck with freedom of movement. All the bullet-type guns come across as a desperate plea to CoD players to play. The whole combat model is meant to be based on prediction of your opponent's path, not point and click.

dskillzhtown

Yup that's what I heard too. Next few years will be interesting. As soon as football is done they need to immediately work on Hofheinz. Probably the worst gym for a D1 school that I've been too. TSU has a way nicer gym than UH. That's unacceptable.

Supposedly they have the money to rebuild Hofheinz. That crap looks like a bomb shelter now. It is a miracle that they get any recruits.

Mrbob

I'm not asking for a complete remake. I'm asking that if the whole defining aspect of the game is freedom of movement, you don't go restraining movement. Sure, give new guns. Sure, give new armor types, sure give new vehicles, sure add new mechanics in the same vein (grapple hook in T:V is a good example. The game came out way early and suffered, but the idea is good). Make it prettier. Make new maps. Fuck, if you really need to, have regereating health, just don't fuck with freedom of movement. All the bullet-type guns come across as a desperate plea to CoD players to play. The whole combat model is meant to be based on prediction of your opponent's path, not point and click.

I don't have the movement issues you do, so we'll have to agree to disagree! As for path prediction being gone, I disagree. It's still in the game. Heck, watch this video (Everyone should watch this!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vn62RtnZ4s

Now that is an elite Tribes player. Every time I'm getting better I watch this video as a reminder of how far I have to go. For the record, even if the grappling hook had been a good idea, Tribes: Vengeance is trashcan tier. :p

Splat

I don't have the movement issues you do, so we'll have to agree to disagree! As for path prediction being gone, I disagree. It's still in the game. Heck, watch this video (Everyone should watch this!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vn62RtnZ4s

Now that is an elite Tribes player. Every time I'm getting better I watch this video as a reminder of how far I have to go. For the record, even if the grappling hook had been a good idea, Tribes: Vengeance is trashcan tier. :p

So your point is that path prediction is still around for weapons that require path prediction? Of course. That's not the point. The point is there's too many weapons that don't.

P.s. I'm secret elite tribes player. maybe Crow can stalk me.

Mrbob

So your point is that path prediction is still around for weapons that require path prediction? Of course. That's not the point. The point is there's too many weapons that don't.

P.s. I'm secret elite tribes player. maybe Crow can stalk me.

Yeah I missed the part about you mentioning machine guns. I still think you are splitting hairs. There are more guns available overall in Ascend. There are path prediction weapons available. Go grab a spinfusor disc weapon, that's what most people use in Tribes anyway from the start. You can still predict fire with machine guns, but you need to be much closer to your opponent.

Splat

Yeah I missed the part about you mentioning machine guns. I still think you are splitting hairs. There are more guns available overall in Ascend. There are path prediction weapons available. Go grab a spinfusor disc weapon, that's what most people use in Tribes anyway from the start.

Here are the guns that required next to no leading w/ low ping in tribes 1:

Sniper rifle, with an absolutely high cost in movement to use.

There shouldn't be hit-scan or near-hitscan weapons in Tribes, and there's a shit-ton of them in T:A.

Mrbob

Well if we are talking specifically hit scan weaponry then I wouldn't mind seeing this aspect being removed. I know Hi Rez has already fixed some of the weapons, and I'm sure they will be working on more in the future.

Although I think the crying about them is a bit over done.

Splat

Well if we are talking specifically hit scan weaponry then I wouldn't mind seeing this aspect being removed. I know Hi Rez has already fixed some of the weapons, and I'm sure they will be working on more in the future.

Take 'em out, make the physics less babied, maybe i'll play if I ever have time :-/

Is the steam launcher much improved over their own launcher? Because theirs broke or froze all the time. Does it work on the same account?

Mrbob

The Steam launcher just goes into the game launcher. Maybe the Steam exe won't lock up on you. You don't use your Steam account to play. You still use your Tribes game account name.

Top Bottom