• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

lulz bigat has beaten me like 2 times in a row and he has my number now? we'll see!

and i'm not a good manual defender but you guys will see what i'm talking about in NCAA. it's a very sluggish feel at times because of the momentum. that is fine except it doesn't really apply to a computer controlled receiver. the other issue is that (unlike madden) they've basically completely removed suction tackling. people asked for it and its kind of a "be careful what you wish for" situation because now unless you line the guy up perfectly your defender will just miss the tackle. QB is a foot away from you? you won't sack him or even attempt the tackle unless you basically run right into him

i'm sure we'll get used to it but it just feels difficult to play manual D this year. and DL play isn't banned :D

Somnia

lulz bigat has beaten me like 2 times in a row and he has my number now? we'll see!

and i'm not a good manual defender but you guys will see what i'm talking about in NCAA. it's a very sluggish feel at times because of the momentum. that is fine except it doesn't really apply to a computer controlled receiver. the other issue is that (unlike madden) they've basically completely removed suction tackling. people asked for it and its kind of a "be careful what you wish for" situation because now unless you line the guy up perfectly your defender will just miss the tackle. QB is a foot away from you? you won't sack him or even attempt the tackle unless you basically run right into him

i'm sure we'll get used to it but it just feels difficult to play manual D this year. and DL play isn't banned :D

=)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The entire 2K league would be overcoming odds if they win a chip over the Lakers or the Heat in 2k13.

DCX
The Knicks probably aren't that far off of those teams with Stat, Melo, Kidd, and Chandler. If Shump is decently rated then they're easily on par with the Lakers.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The Knicks probably aren't that far off of those teams with Stat, Melo, Kidd, and Chandler. If Shump is decently rated then they're easily on par with the Lakers.

LOL

what.

did you even watch basketball last year? or are you just going off names. 2 of those 4 are not what you think they are

that was pretty comical

did you enjoy those laser precision throws

the one in the left corner on 3rd down was nice (the first TD). one of the other ones my CB glitched out again and just stopped covering. hope they patch that!

p.s. yeah the "qb shrug" move needs to be nerfed a bit too. i've seen that happen in most of the games i've played. i guess i could understand if i was pushing the right stick to avoid, but i'm not even pushing the right stick and he still shrugs off the sacks!

Smokey

the one in the left corner on 3rd down was nice (the first TD). one of the other ones my CB glitched out again and just stopped covering. hope they patch that!

p.s. yeah the "qb shrug" move needs to be nerfed a bit too. i've seen that happen in most of the games i've played. i guess i could understand if i was pushing the right stick to avoid, but i'm not even pushing the right stick and he still shrugs off the sacks!

i saved that first one you are talking about for upload. couldn't really find an angle to show how nice of a throw it was though.

Smokey

14 pts left on the field...literally

fucking dropping a td catch in the end zone resulting in a INT
then wideeeee open PA FMT bit so hard..dropped

controller almost went into the wall

14 pts left on the field...literally

fucking dropping a td catch in the end zone resulting in a INT
then wideeeee open PA FMT bit so hard..dropped

controller almost went into the wall

that PA was wide open but i didn't bite on anything. it was a zone defense and i stayed in my zone for the nickle CB i was controlling. where you threw it there SHOULD HAVE been my safety. i have no idea why he didn't rotate but this illustrates my main issue with zone defense: i can't really trust it :/

and lets just say i have no sympathy for any of your drops after that game with BC!

Smokey

that PA was wide open but i didn't bite on anything. it was a zone defense and i stayed in my zone for the nickle CB i was controlling. where you threw it there SHOULD HAVE been my safety. i have no idea why he didn't rotate but this illustrates my main issue with zone defense: i can't really trust it :/

and lets just say i have no sympathy for any of your drops after that game with BC!

this true the two big passing plays you scored on i was in zone. one of them u just got behind the safeties and was a good play. the other one my guy was in the area and didn't make a play on the ball.

i wonder if that "adjustment" setting will fix some of the zone issues

this true the two big passing plays you scored on i was in zone. one of them u just got behind the safeties and was a good play. the other one my guy was in the area and didn't make a play on the ball.

i wonder if that "adjustment" setting will fix some of the zone issues

i've messed around with the adjustments, they don't really fix anything. it just dictates if your zone is shorter or deeper. i wonder if it has something to do with the "alignment" feature (Press Y + left i think). i know when i'm in man defense and do this with a blitz is changes assignments for people on the fly, which is why i've been caught with people wide open because i look once and i'm covering the RB, i align, and then it changes me to covering the TE and i didn't check it again

Sokantish

What's with all the cry for attention/suicide threads lately?

I've been wanting to say something like that but I was worried I'd get banned. What's weird is the guy that made the newest one is the same guy that talked the other dude out of doing it by calling his mom. I don't get it

BigAT

I've been wanting to say something like that but I was worried I'd get banned. What's weird is the guy that made the newest one is the same guy that talked the other dude out of doing it by calling his mom. I don't get it

Trust me, there's a reason why I only said something about it in here. I'm well aware of the reception/wrath this sentiment would receive anywhere else.

CB3

I remember him. he's been through rehab before

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

didn't he used to be in the Madden Leagues. Think it's MaestroRyan.

Ramirez

I really don't see the problem with people asking for help if they need it. The guy drank a bottle of Vodka & a bottle of sleeping pills, obviously he needs help, why belittle him?

CB3

I really don't see the problem with people asking for help if they need it. The guy drank a bottle of Vodka & a bottle of sleeping pills, obviously he needs help, why belittle him?

Sounds like a normal night for Vidako.

in all serious i have no doubts maestro is being genuine about it all

CB3

Also if any of you guys wanna join my nWo takeover of the NHL Be a Pro league, that would be cool. We have a couple folks and if we get enough we can have some real competitions with the other guys. I know we have a few NHL players in this league.

I dont know a ton about ice soccer but that mode seems worth it

TheCrow

Also if any of you guys wanna join my nWo takeover of the NHL Be a Pro league, that would be cool. We have a couple folks and if we get enough we can have some real competitions with the other guys. I know we have a few NHL players in this league.

He who must not be named talked me into it. Would prefer to play Fifa but that didn't work out so well last year.

Nightz

I'd be down for it. Played that mode with a buddy a couple of years ago and had a blast.

CB3

He Who must not be named talked me into it. Would prefer to play Fifa but that didn't work out so well last year.

id prefer fifa too but with how many players are on the field at one time, it makes it too tough. 5 with 1 goalie in a rink is way more conducive to be a pro

eznark

Banned

I'd be interested. I tried doing it the first year and it kind of tanked.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LOL

what.

did you even watch basketball last year? or are you just going off names. 2 of those 4 are not what you think they are

Yeah I meant in 2K land. You're right about Chandler, probably isn't worth as much as I figured, same with Kidd. Either way, a Knick fan shouldn't be crying about how any team is going to be rated.

LukeSmith

hulk-hogan-0151.jpg

Top Bottom