• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Sanjuro

You create a team.

Uniforms, pick logo, name, acronym, etc.

You create a player.

Appearance, position, dressing preferences, name, number, etc.

You play.

You are graded for each game. Good grades = more attribute points to spend towards your abilities. You can also get more points towards different equipment which effect your player's style of play.

For each position you have separate attributes. Goaltender vs. Defenseman vs. Center vs. Wingers.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
That sounds awesome. The only issue would be how do you guys get it together to play as a team instead of being greedy fucks only out for yourselves for the attributes...?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
That sounds awesome. The only issue would be how do you guys get it together to play as a team instead of being greedy fucks only out for yourselves for the attributes...?

2k had alot of grading based off assists, rebounds, box outs, ect. Id assume this is similar in that aspect.

Sanjuro

Play your position correctly. You could still have a good game statistically, lose, and get a lousy rating.

You need to play your position and not skate all over the ice. Most importantly, watch your +/-

LukeSmith

I'll handle getting these ladies together as a team.

5LGIF00Z.jpg

McNei1y

Wait, your talking about NHL? I want to be in on this... even though I haven't played an NHL game since Ovie was on the cover. I ended up buying FIFA 3 years ago because I was able to create my own football/soccer player and play with others... If this mode is just like that, I may be getting NHL. I want to play with Madden GAF!

BigAT

Well, the good news is this game is still two months away so at least there will be plenty of time for the traditional MaddenGAF two week interest cycle to run its course.

LiveWire

2k had alot of grading based off assists, rebounds, box outs, ect. Id assume this is similar in that aspect.

Just as a reference, I've played a season with Marvie's crew. The games' grading report is based heavily on proper positioning on the ice, giveaways/takeaways and plus/minus rating (if you don't know what plus/minus rating is google it) You don't need to be scoring goals if you're a defenseman obviously, but if you score a lot it also doesn't guarantee you'll be getting an A+ grade.

It takes about 50 or so online games played to really earn enough points to start seeing a difference in your created players' skills. And, as mentioned, you get graded separately when you play different positions. At character creation you will pick a player type (grinder, sniper, playmaker, etc.) with default values set in certain attributes (strength, pass accuracy, shot strength, etc.) You can completely customize a guy (an enforcer with 99% shot accuracy for example), but that will cost a lot more points and limit your other options than if you tried to give a sniper 99% shot accuracy.

McNei1y

Well, the good news is this game is still two months away so at least there will be plenty of time for the traditional MaddenGAF two week interest cycle to run its course.

When does NHL come out?

And hey, we attempted to play Starcraft 2! Me, Bird, and Crow have played at least two different nights!

I played NHL '10 team mode. It's a great mode. Anybody who's wondering, the mode works out really well. I would have been into this a year ago when NHL '12 came out, but not now... not with Madden on the horizon and NCAA tomorrow.

Ferny

I think I may finally try DOTA 2, I am prepared to be made fun of and cussed at for awhile.
Bro just ignore people like AT and I do. You can also add us if you like and we can get some games in. Takes some time to get used to and actually get good at so don't get discouraged. Oh and don't be like CB, play one game as Lich and never play again -___-

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bro just ignore people like AT and I do. You can also add us if you like and we can get some games in. Takes some time to get used to and actually get good at so don't get discouraged. Oh and don't be like CB, play one game as Lich and never play again -___-

ill wait till i get a better computer to get back into that.

Revenant

I await this catastrophe on ice with open arms! man paying 60 dollars and then getting slapped around like a bunch of children right after. Going to be a Josh Freeman portion of pride you guys are going to have to swallow.

Top Bottom