• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

eznark

Banned
Just had an awesome game with all randoms in Dota. Cooperation, everyone had a mic, no one bitched. It was fucking glorious.

er6DX.png

Maybe...

Playing human goalie is fun but a major disadvantage, there is no reward for running with a human goalie in NHL because at best it's equal to the CPU Goalie. At worst.. well ... at worst the game never ends because so many goals are scored.

the 6 on 6 NHL games were really fun with forced goalies, but they were so rare.

Got NCAA today, it's not bad so far. CPU doesn't seem very challenging to me, even though I heard it was supposed to be much harder. Even with D-overall Umass I was able to really control Uconn. But fun none the less. The passing feels pretty good, one time I threw a pass that would have been a pick six last year, but I was able to lob it over the defender for a modest gain... last year, it would have been a 100% interception for a touchdown, but the lob controls worked well.

Overall pretty fun. Looking forward to the named rosters coming out.

TheCrow

Playing human goalie is fun but a major disadvantage, there is no reward for running with a human goalie in NHL because at best it's equal to the CPU Goalie. At worst.. well ... at worst the game never ends because so many goals are scored.

the 6 on 6 NHL games were really fun with forced goalies, but they were so rare.

We shouldn't have any issues with fielding a full team. If they can't then that's the beginning of their problems.

So there's an early roster out with about 90+% of the teams named. Here's the list of teams NOT NAMED

Bowling Green
Buffalo
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Idaho
Kent State
Louisiana Tech
Miami (OHIO)
MTSU
New Mexico State
North Texas
Northern Illinois
Ohio
San Jose State
Southern Miss
Toledo
Tulane
Tulsa
UAB
ULL
ULM
Utah State
UTEP
UTSA
WKU
WMU

If you want to pick them up from me, you can download them by going to my XBL Gamer tag:
michaelbrazell

Rumor has it these might be sort of innaccurate at this point, but it has the major teams and stars right. Also this does not edit any other heights/weights/settings, so it's an online roster.

Thread from OS: http://www.operationsports.com/foru...caa-football-13-season-ticket-rosters-10.html

Ferny

I'm in for this nWo invasion. Haven't played the last NHL game but I was pretty damn good at NHL Hitz (best hockey game evar)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I'd be confident against anyone in NHL 94 CD, haven't played much of the modern ones but I think 08 I played a bit and liked. Manual goalie play was a must in the 16 bit versions.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I recently powered through TWD to issue 96.... fucking AWESOME read. It started getting monotonous at the end but the next arc should be great.

TheCrow

Steam sale today. Hoping to at least pick up Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition. Need a use besides MAME for my new arcade stick.

Smokey

Steam sale today. Hoping to at least pick up Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition. Need a use besides MAME for my new arcade stick.

did they say this?

this has been "the day" for the past month now

edit: reading that thread seems like it might actually happen. i'm going to limit myself to $50. should be good for 10 or so games.

Sokantish

No trust me steam sale is today, and if it's not today then it's next Thursday. If it's not next Thursday it'll be the Thursday after that!

eznark

Banned
Here I'll catch you up on all 100 issues of Walking Dead:

Humanity is the real monster. Nothing good ever lasts. Everyone dies.

And done!

heh, I was going to post the same thing.

Bob, the Guild Wars 2 guy is on Tom Chicks pocdast this week. Good interview. Are you still buying that? I think I might be convinced.

Smokey

crow are you still playing dayz?

im hesitant to play it because i hate playing early, buggy software. sounds fun tho and i already have arma 2 installed...

i almost want to just wait until arma3 where the concept may be more realized and polished since the mod team has been absorbed into the arma dev team..

Sokantish

I've been playing the past couple beta weekends the PVP seems like it could be really fun. I only got to level 13 on my Charr but the leveling seemed kind of boring like most MMOs. Maybe it'll pick up once you get a bit higher though

eznark

Banned
Rumor's abound that it will be developed and released as a stand alone product. I'll wait to dig into it then so as not to risk hating it due to the tech flaws.

Sokantish

Yeah I bought ARMA 2 for Day Z, I don't really regret the purchase because I had a great time with the game but I ran into the same problem I did with minecraft. After you get all the weapons and stuff there really isn't much to do except mess with other people playing the game

TheCrow

crow are you still playing dayz?

im hesitant to play it because i hate playing early, buggy software. sounds fun tho and i already have arma 2 installed...

i almost want to just wait until arma3 where the concept may be more realized and polished since the mod team has been absorbed into the arma dev team..

Every now and then. I'd say go for it since ARMA 3 is far off and Dayz won't be ready as soon as it releases. It'll also be years before the stand alone version comes out. The creator of the mod always worked for Bohemia but it seems he's getting more help now. If you play we should meet up somewhere and be bandits or raid one of the big cities. Best way to get good gear.

Sanjuro

Yeah I bought ARMA 2 for Day Z, I don't really regret the purchase because I had a great time with the game but I ran into the same problem I did with minecraft. After you get all the weapons and stuff there really isn't much to do except mess with other people playing the game

I regret it a little bit. It's really a glitchy game overall, especially after spending a long duration just to find someone.

eznark

Banned
Every now and then. I'd say go for it since ARMA 3 is far off and Dayz won't be ready as soon as it releases. It'll also be years before the stand alone version comes out. The creator of the mod always worked for Bohemia but it seems he's getting more help now. If you play we should meet up somewhere and be bandits or raid one of the big cities. Best way to get good gear.

It'll be out next year if I had to guess. They don't need to release it perfect, they just need to release it as a standalone product.

I already have this. But I suck, don't have an arcade stick, and you'd probably whoop my ass lol

I want Civ 5 gods and kings, not really sure anything else tickles my fancy

TheCrow

I already have this. But I suck, don't have an arcade stick, and you'd probably whoop my ass lol

I want Civ 5 gods and kings, not really sure anything else tickles my fancy

We should play. I'm just a scrubby Cody who hits his combos half the time. And I'm also hoping for gods & kings. I'll take any discount at this point.

Smokey, if you already have everything theres no reason not to try it out.

Sokantish

I play SSF4:AE on my PC but I can't get the hang of using an arcade stick so I just use my fight pad.

Civ 5 Gods and Kings is awesome, I really like the religion and spying. I think spying in Civ 4 was better though.

Smokey

Rumor's abound that it will be developed and released as a stand alone product. I'll wait to dig into it then so as not to risk hating it due to the tech flaws.

I regret it a little bit. It's really a glitchy game overall, especially after spending a long duration just to find someone.

main reasons i haven't tried it yet. the install experience on weekend confirmed made me not want to go through all of that to play a buggy game

actually this is the main reason i do want to play it

TheCrow

I play SSF4:AE on my PC but I can't get the hang of using an arcade stick so I just use my fight pad.

Civ 5 Gods and Kings is awesome, I really like the religion and spying. I think spying in Civ 4 was better though.
Nice, got another to join our madden gaf endless lobby. For some reason I never used spying in Civ 4.

main reasons i haven't tried it yet. the install experience on weekend confirmed made me not want to go through all of that to play a buggy game
I found it to be one of easiest mods I've ever installed. Just drag and drop folders. But I didn't get it on steam.

Sokantish

It is fun being a scumbag and pretending to need help at the hospital when you have a sniper rifle so you can see bandits or people that actually want to help you flock there and you get to pick them off. Seeing them figure it out in chat is the best part.

I didn't really run into any problems during the installation. There are like youtube videos that give step by step instructions that make it very easy

Nice, got another to join our madden gaf endless lobby. For some reason I never used spying in Civ 4.
You might not want that, my friend that is actually into street fighter a lot and has gone to tournaments gets mad at me because I don't play like a tournament player and when I beat him it's because I'm so scrubby that he doesn't know how to react

Sanjuro

It's not the easiest install, with Steam you had to do a few extra things. Problem is you would do it correctly with certain elements not loading until you made a few command line tweaks.

It's a disappointing experience overall. It's a really unique and interesting concept, but in the end it's still some generic fan mod. If you gave me a complete and polished stand-alone title, excellent.

TheCrow

It's not the easiest install, with Steam you had to do a few extra things. Problem is you would do it correctly with certain elements not loading until you made a few command line tweaks.

It's a disappointing experience overall. It's a really unique and interesting concept, but in the end it's still some generic fan mod. If you gave me a complete and polished stand-alone title, excellent.

That's exactly what I expected and I had a blast. It's called an alpha for a reason.

Top Bottom