• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

TheCrow

I sure hope your fictional NHL goalie weighs more than that
Speaking of create a pro. I made my fifa guy extremely tall, like almost 7 feet, and it was hilarious seeing him run around the pitch with the wonky physics engine. I also messed around and tried making extremely fat or skinny. But even at 400lbs he got pushed around by smaller guys. Ended up scoring a couple goals and got the gaf club some wins so I stuck with the freak of nature. But by the time NHL 13 comes out I'll be bulking so he'll be a little heavier than 120. ;)
Picked up Recettear last night based on the recommendation that Crow made on Steam. Good call, Crow.

Yay. felt it did a great job of combining two completely different games. I liked how they kept the shop interesting through random events that affected your profit margins, such as the devaluing of certain items or if some fad broke out of nowhere. The soundtrack is also great, in fact I would leave the game running just to listen to the shop music in the background. I didn't actually play for over 500 hrs.

Recettear is really fun, I think the small anime girls might have scared a lot of people away.

Word of mouth was great for Recettear. I think the publisher only expected 10k sales but it went on to sell over 150k. Everyone had a similar experience to this.

aoz6e.jpg

Sokantish

I was hoping there would be more games like Reccetear but I haven't really found any. When I heard they were going to bring over Chantelise I didn't really know anything about it but since it was being localized by the same people I thought I'd give it a chance, I didn't really like it at all though

TheCrow

I almost bought the 2 other game from the Carpe Fulgur bundle but then someone pointed out that they were completely different games. Oh well, time to replay Reccetear. Someday I'll find another game like it.

Edit: Sokantish should be the raiders every year, he has good taste. Forget about Rorschach who's too busy traveling the globe.

Anybody interested to pitch in for a Dead Island 4 pack? Dm is already in

Also I may get on in SF4 to get raped, I should probably smooth my moves before trying to play again

TheCrow

Looks I'll just wait till the winter sale to pick up Gods and Kings. It should be at least a 50% sale, maybe 75%. I'll have plenty of games to keep me busy till then.

Ramirez

Right.

I can only whack a zombie with a boat paddle for so long before I become bored. I pick the girl who is good with guns and I didn't find a single gun in the 8 or so hours that I played, lol.

I dunno about the PC version, but you couldn't turn the head bobbing off on the 360 version, made it nigh unplayable for me.

Right.

I can only whack a zombie with a boat paddle for so long before I become bored. I pick the girl who is good with guns and I didn't find a single gun in the 8 or so hours that I played, lol.

I dunno about the PC version, but you couldn't turn the head bobbing off on the 360 version, made it nigh unplayable for me.

Pc version is sweet. And if you want to play a shooter go play the newest call of duty or whatever cliche army game is out now!

Sokantish

I don't like L4D much, I didn't finish Dead Island but I really wanted to like it. Sometimes it would get a bit boring and then other times it'd be awesome. I had like 13 hours played on it though, and most of that time was with annoying people in multiplayer. I still think the best zombie game is Dead Rising.

I don't like L4D much, I didn't finish Dead Island but I really wanted to like it. Sometimes it would get a bit boring and then other times it'd be awesome. I had like 13 hours played on it though, and most of that time was with annoying people in multiplayer. I still think the best zombie game is Dead Rising.

Dead rising was cool except for the god awful save system. Wtf capcom

Looks I'll just wait till the winter sale to pick up Gods and Kings. It should be at least a 50% sale, maybe 75%. I'll have plenty of games to keep me busy till then.

I'm going to cave and get it now, I need something new besides being really friendly to the AI all game while building a nuclear army for the end

Gotta say I am very disappointed though it wasn't lower

McNei1y

L4D is the superior game. It does get dull and boring when you play by yourself or with randoms online but if you have 3 other buddies, it can become loads and loads of fun. Coordination makes the game that much better.

TheCrow

I'm going to cave and get it now, I need something new besides being really friendly to the AI all game while building a nuclear army for the end

Gotta say I am very disappointed though it wasn't lower

If you liked Civ4 you should've picked up Galactic Civilization 2 for $5 last night. Looks like civ4 set in space with better AI.

What difficulty do you guys play Civ on? I'm too much of a coward to play anything higher than Prince.

prince only here too. when i play i honestly hate having conflict and being bothered until way later in the game. i turnoff barbarians and lower the number of shitty city states

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Dead island has to be played with a 360 pad and the analog fighting setting turned on. Makes a world of difference

McNei1y

CB, your avatar has inspired me to photoshop (when I gots the time) a Hulk NWO bandana around Werth's head.

Edit: Aw what the fuck is this shit? EA is saying Dead Space was too scary? It was just right EA... JUST RIGHT. Damn they stupid.

Yeah I didn't get DI 4 pack, I mean it would have been fun to have but I damn know well that we would have played it 3-4 times this week and then never touched it again

We should just make a list of games that we all got that didn't last over a week

1) Burnout Paradise (It lasted 0 seconds for me, fuck you all!)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I played Burnout to death long before we started talking about multi for it. It was well worth $60.

I had no idea we were going to get DI for multi. I just wanted to play it and it was like $7 through the 4-pack.

I've been playing a lot of Saints Row the Third. It's so good.

Mrbob

Ph33nix is lazy. There were 3 of us already. He wouldn't look for a 4th man!

Usually the last day of steam sales are repeats. Hopefully Dead Island shows up one more time and we can do a 4 pack!

Damn this busy weekend. Cant see TDKR till next week. :(

Smokey

Batman was so good.

The Dark Knight was better, but i didnt expect this to beat that out.

i'll see it soon shit in colorado has made my interest in seeing it right now go down

i didn't expect it to be better than DK..3rd movies in a series are rarely better than the others

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah that sucked. It didnt help that one of the previews before the movie show guys shooting through a theater screen into a crowd...

Smokey

Yeah that sucked. It didnt help that one of the previews before the movie show guys shooting through a theater screen into a crowd...

read that they are pulling the trailer for it (gangster squad)..dunno what can be done about it being in TDKR though..

also burnout paradise: ultimate box is $3.99 as a flash sale on steam
guesssss i'll get it for that price

maybe 4 years later it'll be good

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
read that they are pulling the trailer for it (gangster squad)..dunno what can be done about it being in TDKR though..

also burnout paradise: ultimate box is $3.99 as a flash sale on steam
guesssss i'll get it for that price

maybe 4 years later it'll be good

Shut your whore mouth.

Sokantish

I played Burnout to death long before we started talking about multi for it. It was well worth $60.

I had no idea we were going to get DI for multi. I just wanted to play it and it was like $7 through the 4-pack.

I've been playing a lot of Saints Row the Third. It's so good.

Saints Row the Third is amazing. It's so over the top but I think that's why I liked it so much. The beginning of the game was so crazy

i'll see it soon shit in colorado has made my interest in seeing it right now go down

i didn't expect it to be better than DK..3rd movies in a series are rarely better than the others

3rd movies in a trilogy are usually fucking shitty. batman forever, xmen 3, spiderman 3, godfather 3, matrix 3. there's probably others i can't think of

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Saints Row the Third is amazing. It's so over the top but I think that's why I liked it so much. The beginning of the game was so crazy

It hooked me when at the beginning of the game you skydive into the pent house to fuck shit up and Kanye's Power kicks in, good times.

Ph33nix is lazy. There were 3 of us already. He wouldn't look for a 4th man!

Usually the last day of steam sales are repeats. Hopefully Dead Island shows up one more time and we can do a 4 pack!

Damn this busy weekend. Cant see TDKR till next week. :(

That's what you get for counting on me to pull strings!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I found Dead Island to be a pretty fun MP game. But most of the fun is in the laughing as things go wrong.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Giantbomb Truck Wars

Yep. Had a group going back right after release, and similar things would happen.

I also remember we had a running gag of calling the coat rack an ultimate weapon, every time we came across one in a room.

Ferny

If anyone wants to watch AT and myself kill some noobs (or get killed ourselves) on Dota, I got a stream up. First time really streaming anything so still got to mess with the settings and all that.

http://www.twitch.tv/fernygaf

Top Bottom