• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's killing it. She's just throwing dirt but he's Jesus and it fires back on her.

She's mocking him. She's playing the Trump card, she just bashing him over his ties with the system. The system she's been in for far longer.

She's just mocking him and waving her flag of the people against the traditional politicians.

She's just COPYING trump... going full fake news on social networks and even live tv.

Macron is incredibly patient. It must be incredibly hard to remain calm while being under such bulshit attacks and lies for 2 hours and never having to be held accountable.

Hell for all her lies, she's going to kill it in the local election in june

mo60

She's mocking him. She's playing the Trump card, she just bashing him over his ties with the system. The system she's been in for far longer.

She's just mocking him and waving her flag of the people against the traditional politicians.

She's just COPYING trump... going full fake news on social networks and even live tv.

Macron is incredibly patient. It must be incredibly hard to remain calm while being under such bulshit attacks and lies for 2 hours and never having to be held accountable.

Hell for all her lies, she's going to kill it in the local election in june

I saw a poll today showing that the FN is probably only going to win an additional 10-25 seats in the legislative elections.

orioto

Good Art™
That's great cause she's playing the funny one card but she does look more and more crazy and scary. Nightmare fuel!

Fisico

c-7p--nxyael-kttyue8.jpg

As always following twitter was the best thing to do.

Eolz

Really good from Macron, and Le Pen completely lost it.
Hopefully this convinced more people to vote against the FN on Sunday, and not to skip on it. Bring her back to the results of her father in 2002.

Jb

And people are arguing choosing between Le Pen and Macron is like choosing between pest and cholera?

tuxfool

Banned
And people are arguing choosing between Le Pen and Macron is like choosing between pest and cholera?

You know those people live so high up in the clouds of holier-than-thou, that they can't actually see the differences between to people in the distance.

Mimosa97

The only time I've ever liked her was when she went all in on Cohn Bendit and called him a pedophile (and rightfully so).

But yeah most of the times on TV she's mediocre at her best.

Alx

I hope the consensus in her party will be that she flunked it and that it will start the internal wars for her succession.

mo60

I hope the consensus in her party will be that she flunked it and that it will start the internal wars for her succession.
They won't do that unless she does worse then expected. Macron is going to end up winning by around 20% in the end.

to be honest, I still don't like Macron a lot but you're right, Le Pen would've be way worse for us and she should be avoided at all cost

Eolz

Didn't people say the same about trump and brexit? I wouldn't say that until it's over :/

It's a bad comparison, both in terms of context and in terms of polls.

For the latter, it has been shown several times that the methods were different, and french polls have been right for the elections so far.
For the former, I don't want it to be taken the wrong way, but there's a different culture and political education in France than in other countries (not just UK and US). Look at the newspapers, how the media reacts, how people remember the history and the issues raised over time, etc.
On top of that, it helps that we got two rounds (instead of the terrible US electoral system or how a referendum works).

It's really not comparable, or at least, not this way.

edit: but no, she really doesn't have 0-10% chance of winning. People need to vote on sunday.

Tiberius

I hope not because with phillipot as the next head of the fn they could win next time
Or the fn explode and this is good

Koren

Bring her back to the results of her father in 2002.
I wish, but not a chance... Somehow, I think his father would have been better in a debate in 2002.

I even doubt it'll have notable results, in fact. People supporting her will have found her full of energy or anything, and good. she wouldn't have earned so much support already, I haven't found her speech different from basically any other time. Remember that a lot of people are supporting Trump against media lies...

N7.Angel

I'm glad it's finally over. Worse debate in the history of the Vth republic.

Fuck this noise.

Pretty much, it was the worst debate I've ever seen, I understand why Chirac didn't want to debate with the FN in 2012...

Didn't people say the same about trump and brexit? I wouldn't say that until it's over :/

Yeah sure but Macron gained probably more electors than MLP for sure and he was already wining by a long marge but we never know...

Koren

For the latter, it has been shown several times that the methods were different, and french polls have been right for the elections so far.
They were awfully off in both primaries, though. It's not an exact science, there's not enough elections to make the whole mechanism trustable.

Though I agree on the most important thing: it's nowhere near Trump or Brexit (In fact, I was convinced that Trump would win when I saw him in the primaries, and that Brexit was a big random draw...)

I hope not because with phillipot as the next head of the fn they could win next time
Or the fn explode and this is good
I think it would be the latter, I doubt Phillipot could lead an unified FN. I mean, between a lot of low-ranked people, and Jean-Marie LePen himself, he must have as many ennemies inside FN than outside. I believe he would be as successful as Mégret.

Watching commentators is painful as they don't want to appear biased so they try to find the glass half full in the few drops at the bottom.

Le Pen was fucking abysmal and showed how absolutely unfit she is. Macron was faced with an impossible exercise: pretending to discuss with the human equivalent of an alt right cuckbot while keeping his composure. He did the job but that was painful to watch.

At least, we now have a justification for any time someone says they don't want to debate these idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom