• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kami_sama

Turnout at Noon is 28,23%, pretty much the same than the 1st round

That is good. That means people are not indifferent between Le Pen and Macron and that will most likely help Macron.
d-day

krakw0n.jpg

OMG
For those interested, Le Monde has their usual live reporting, to five numbers and impressions from various cities/villages:
http://www.lemonde.fr/election-pres...r-entre-macron-et-le-pen_5123639_4854003.html
Thanks for the link! I can somewhat understand it, so it's a great way to read things about the election.

I swear this is one of the reasons why trump won and brexit happened. Polls dont matter folks votes do
Brexit got a almost record high turnout (about 40k short only of the record) and it was raining that day which usually means less voters.

It is absolutely not a reason Brexit happened.

Eolz

What time is the result?

Official estimations are at 8pm this time.
Edit: like at every elections, official detailed results will be later in the evening, but official estimations have always been fine.

Guess we might get some leaks one hour before as usual if it's nothing close (unlike the first round that was way too close to leak anything).

G.O.O.

We might get early estimates by belgian and/or swiss media. That happened on first round and they were accurate enough.

Magni

People voting, but no line at the embassy in Tokyo 40 minutes before the polls close. MLP remembered to send a poster this time.

Magni

Le monde said:
Cigarette derrière l’oreille et casquette ruisselante, Anthony Closset se souvient de la dernière fois où il l’a vue « en vrai », ici, à Brachay, où elle fait sa rentrée politique. « Ce qu’elle dit, ça me parle. » La mondialisation, la précarité du travail, « le fait qu’on ne fait pas le poids derrière la main-d’œuvre étrangère ». Lui vient de trouver un poste dans la maçonnerie, où il ira travailler dans toute l’Europe. Ce qui fera de lui un travailleur détaché, donc ? « Ah oui mais c’est pas pareil, parce que je bosserai pour une boîte française. »
En savoir plus sur http://www.lemonde.fr/election-pres...-pen_5123639_4854003.html#ExktERtTO7L7Ispc.99

These losers.

saturnine

Had a little conversation with some friends (all Mélenchon voters) about the election and ended up talking about a potential fn government. Someone suggested Zemmour for culture.

I wasn't too hot on voting Macron, but that convinced me 200%. What a dreadful perspective.

Coffinhal

Going to vote this afternoon. Can't wait for the results, I'm really fed up with this election cycle.

It's not over, there's still one month and a half until the législatives and this time they are as important as the présidentielle.

Official estimations are at 8pm this time.
Edit: like at every elections, official detailed results will be later in the evening, but official estimations have always been fine.

Guess we might get some leaks one hour before as usual if it's nothing close (unlike the first round that was way too close to leak anything).

The official results comes from the administration after 9 or 10pm IIRC
Pollsters build an estimate from local results
So no exit polls and everything that is out before 8pm is bullshit (if you have a good source you can have estimates at 7:45) including foreign medias[URL]

Anyway there won't be any big surprise, we're just waiting for the exact number

These losers.

Quels beaufs! Au goulag!

Had a little conversation with some friends (all Mélenchon voters) about the election and ended up talking about a potential fn government. Someone suggested Zemmour for culture.

I wasn't too hot on voting Macron, but that convinced me 200%. What a dreadful perspective.

Phillipot at "youth and sport"
Collard at justice
Menard at education
Marion maréchal at defense
Louis alliot at interieur
Nobody at ecologie
Serge ayoub at immigration (new ministère)

Hey, what could go wrong?

There's a lot of frightening things about an FN government but Culture and Education are really terrifying prospects.

What news?

https://twitter.com/_fabricerobert/status/860905672199864321

This is basically a screen of a fake tweet saying that "Le canard enchaîné" (known for all their leaks about Fillon's affairs), will not release anything about Macron's leaks because it would change the votes.

Also Florian Phillipot from the FN wrote a tweet with a screen of Macron's party messenger which wanted to make some trouble at one of Marine Le Pen's visit. The screen was obviously fake (there was some horrible typo in that screen)

https://twitter.com/_fabricerobert/status/860905672199864321

This is basically a screen of a fake tweet saying that "Le canard enchaîné" (known for all their leaks about Fillon's affairs), will not release anything about Macron's leaks because it would change the votes.

Also Florian Phillipot from the FN wrote a tweet with a screen of Macron's party messenger which wanted to make some trouble at one of Marine Le Pen's visit. The screen was obviously fake (there was some horrible typo in that screen)
The star icon to favorite a tweet is an obvious giveaway.
These guys can't help themselves with stars.

Also:
C_N4SmnXcAAEdAb.jpg

Cry me a river. They're all going apeshit about Facebook and Twitter "censorship" because some accounts are being flushed.

Alx

It's not a good article when they blame the "alt-right in the US" instead of Russia in the opening paragraph.

The fact that the buzz around the leaks started with the US "alt right" (white supremacists) is an observable reality, while the links to Russia are just a suspicion right now.

Just came back.
I went at the same time as two weeks ago and there were a lot more people today. Much younger too. And the MLP poster had been torn down. That doesn't mean anything of course but it felt good.

Edit: Thor Deux: Un Monde Obscur for the win.

Zips

So the hacked documents have indications of having been modified on Russian-language computers, eh?

Shocker...

Show Russia you don't take that kind of crap, France. I hope LePen gets caught for probably collaborating with Russia too.

Trickster

Really blows my mind that I don't see any coverage about the election on my countries news websites. You'd think it'd be a big thing given how devastating it would be for the EU if Le Pen won.

At least I know that Paris Hiltons baby brother has been arrested again, and that some billionaire have sold his house because of an illness

kirblar

The fact that the buzz around the leaks started with the US "alt right" (white supremacists) is an observable reality, while the links to Russia are just a suspicion right now.
No. The Intercept has a very specific angle and they're still playing it.

G.O.O.

So the hacked documents have indications of having been modified on Russian-language computers, eh?

Shocker...

Show Russia you don't take that kind of crap, France. I hope LePen gets caught for probably collaborating with Russia too.
just a rumor but there were reports from people close to Macron that the leaks "dramatically hardened his views towards Putin"

Really blows my mind that I don't see any coverage about the election on my countries news websites. You'd think it'd be a big thing given how devastating it would be for the EU if Le Pen won.

At least I know that Paris Hiltons baby brother has been arrested again, and that some billionaire have sold his house because of an illness

Pretty weird if this is not covered in Denmark that much (going by your profile). Hugely covered here in Finland. Especially on our public channel Yle. Half past nine news this evening (the most popular news program every day) for example will be sent directly from Paris.

Zips

just a rumor but there were reports from people close to Macron that the leaks "dramatically hardened his views towards Putin"

Good.

Every (Western) country needs to recognize the effort by Russia to influence others' political landscapes, and the threat that poses.

Every election should have efforts to protect from Russian influence, and there should be mounting consequences for Russia.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm currently learning French, but shouldn't it be Thor Deux: Le Monde Obscur?

Also Le Pen can go fornicate herself with an iron bar

Kuldar

A voté!

Saw a lot of Marin Le Pen ballot in the trash and in the voting booth, so let's hope!

I'm currently learning French, but shouldn't it be Thor Deux: Le Monde Obscur?

Also Le Pen can go fornicate herself with an iron bar
The French title was "Thor: Le Monde des Ténèbres", so even with "Le" instead of "Un" it's not the right title. :D

Edit: Just saw that "Thor: Un monde Obscur" is the title used in Quebec...

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
A voté!

Saw a lot of Marin Le Pen ballot in the trash and in the voting booth, so let's hope!

The French title was "Thor: Le Monde des Ténèbres", so even with "Le" instead of "Un" it's not the right title. :D

Edit: Just saw that "Thor: Un monde Obscur" is the title used in Quebec...

Gotcha, thanks.

Also: Mods, putting Thor in every poll stopped being funny in 2015

Pandy

I'm not French, or eligible to vote on France, so I gave my vote to Thor.

Hoping for a Macron win to contain the insanity to the British side of the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom