• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomerlaw

Austria avoided Norbert Hofer, so I have faith that our lovely French friends will also make the non-terrifying choice.

Netherlands also said no to another Putin fanboy...

Geert-Wilders_1589965c.jpg

Austria avoided Norbert Hofer, so I have faith that our lovely French friends will also make the non-terrifying choice.

To be fair, unlike the French president, the Austrian president is nothing more than a figurehead.
Granted, a president Norbert Hofer would've likely given us a FPÖ minority government, which Alexander van der Bellen definitely won't do, but it's the parliamentary election next year we're going to have to be worried about. We're at the point where FPÖ is getting a straight third of the vote in polls.

The Lamp

We have official "live" turnout numbers at noon, 5pm and 8pm each time
around 5 or 6pm we also have estimâtes of final turnout by pollsters
8pm is estimâtes by pollsters and that's pretty accurante

But do those give us the number of votes for each candidate? I'm curious how Macron is doing

Alx

But do those give us the number of votes for each candidate? I'm curious how Macron is doing

No official estimation can be given before the closing of the vote at 20:00 (four hours from now).
Some early estimations can leak through foreign medias though (Belgian or Swiss, usually)

HaloRose

Banned
To be fair, unlike the French president, the Austrian president is nothing more than a figurehead.
Granted, a president Norbert Hofer would've likely given us a FPÖ minority government, which Alexander van der Bellen definitely won't do, but it's the parliamentary election next year we're going to have to be worried about. We're at the point where FPÖ is getting a straight third of the vote in polls.

Acturally 6 months they was getting 35% now they're losing it , only first place in the polls about 2 points in front social democrat party

HaloRose

Banned

Austrian_Opinion_Polling%2C_30_Day_Moving_Average%2C_2013-2018.png

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
je vois ce que tu as fait là.jpg

English memes and catchphrases translated into French infuriate me. They feel wrong somehow. Probably because they're literal translations most of the time. Nobody would say "je vois ce que tu as fait là" in French, even though it's not really wrong. Heck, we would never react this way in the first place, even. It's just not French humor.

Khaz

English memes and catchphrases translated into French infuriate me. They feel wrong somehow. Probably because they're literal translations most of the time. Nobody would say "je vois ce que tu as fait là" in French, even though it's not really wrong. Heck, we would never react this way in the first place, even. It's just not French humor.

cestlablague.jpg

Oreiller

Vieil_homme_crie_à_nuage.jpg

RPGCrazied

Hoping France will do the right thing. You don't want a Trump like character. Trust me, I know. I have to live with this shit everyday.

She is literally a female Trump.

Vote Macron!

Fistwell

d_accord_jennifer_laurence.gif

Diamond

L'humour anglais traduit en français était une erreur. Ça n'est rien d'autre que de la merde.

pas_d_amusement_autorisé.png

(I once did a "perra por favor" Twitter search expecting to just find a bunch a people fucking around. I was wrong)

All too true, but the result, while pretty meaningless in comparison, still made it easier to have hope for other/coming elections.

Wvrs

My French friends all seem fairly confident Macron will win today, but I felt the same on June 23rd last year, so: bonne chance à tous et à tout, j'espère que la France a plus de sens que nous avions.

Can people vote outside of france? 2 out of 4 of my family members are outside france today so that means 2 less Penn voters hopefully, shame 2 stayed

désolé.gif

It's American humor obviously.

Trickster

Hate they're doing that, it can refrain people to go vote, thinking like "hey it's sunny today, and anyway Macron is winning, I'm gonna go to the beach, they don't need my vote".

PEOPLE, VOTE!

Couldn't it also have the same effect on Le Pen voters? "oh she's gonna lose big, meh can't be bothered then"

Osahi

Hate they're doing that, it can refrain people to go vote, thinking like "hey it's sunny today, and anyway Macron is winning, I'm gonna go to the beach, they don't need my vote".

PEOPLE, VOTE!

Every election the French media ar angry at us Belgians because we can publish those polls and they don't.

Anyway, a 20% split won't disapear because some people went to the beach. I also don't think lots of people reason this way. Those who care go vote.

I hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom