• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IJoel

Well done France. Show the US and UK how you reject hatred and xenophobia in the light of recent difficult circumstances. Congrats!

Ithil

bxrlbj3.gif

Viva la France!

Mimosa97

I consider France my second home. The country I've by far been the most in outside of Scandinavia. Some of the friendliest people I have met. And today they prove that they're the best among Europe.

Thee cheers for you France ...à votre santé!

Cheers mate :)

Thank you for your kind words <3

Good job France, now our elections in Germany later this year! Hoping for a SPD win, with how things are going now we might see AfD not even pass the 5% threshold.

Makareu

On a side note, I expect Macron to be very very popular outside of France. His profile is really different from traditional politicians.

Azzanadra

Still kinda scary how a third if France voted for Le Pen. As a brown man from Pakistan, il make sure to avoid this hate filled cesspool for the near future.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hooray France! Someone was finally smart enough to say "no" to white nationalism! Now I just gotta wait a year to escape this hellhole of a country for the City of Love.

Irminsul

[...]
And now we're talking about an election where the candidates aren't within 2 percentage points, but over 20? I'm sorry, but what? I really hope that stops after Macron beats Le Pen 67-33 (calling it now!). Or are we then going to talk about a German party hovering around 8% and now facing a leadership crisis somehow seizing power?
[...]

My prediction wasn't even that bad ;)

Merci et félicitations, la France ! À la Europe unie !

(I hope that was somewhat close to actual French)

I'm so glad that Canada and France are telling this far-right fascist bullshit to fuck off like it should. Great job, France. Macron seems like he'll be a fine president.

Yep.

I'm really glad for you guys, I wish my own country wasn't filled with racist fuckboys so we could be sensible like you are. &#128532;

That's exactly what I'm afraid will happen.

You can believe that the FN voters are riled up otoh.

That's a really complex issue for me. Left goes to the polls highly divided and they will suffer. Fn could score but most of its representatives are unknown nobodies. I'm afraid LR can make a good score and a cohabitation macron/LR would be a nightmare.

I will have to think a lot about my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom