• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagyhag

Phew, good job holding it together France. I'm surprised ISIS and Russia didn't do more to get Le Pen elected.

That said, did she end up doing better than people thought she would? I remember earlier in the election people said she wouldn't even be a blip in the radar.

Xando

Looking forward to American right wingers now becoming experts on german politics
At this early juncture, the American alt-right's reaction appears to be:

1) The French are sexist because they didn't vote for a woman
2) Merkel is actually in control of France now
3) Actually this is good because France will be destroyed by terrorist attacks, which is a good thing

So, basically they're handling it about as coherently as you'd expect.

Only took us 75 years

3) Actually this is good because France will be destroyed by terrorist attacks, which is a good thing

lmao, the salt on t_d is so good... lemme see if I can capture some choice comments

JT_medium.gif

Oh my. Vive la France.

Harmen

Oh hell yeah. Props on you France, voters saying no to populism despite the horrible streaks of terrorism you have suffered trough recently, that is something to be proud of. Especially given the route other nations recently have taken as a result of fear/anxiety.

Also: Mods, putting Thor in every poll stopped being funny in 2015

It's tradition. And the option seems to have won at that.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
He got 65.5%. Thankfully he didn't get 66.6%, you know the alt-right/far right nuts would think it's a sign.

I don't have a proper response to this...the mind fuck is too much.

This kind of sentiment is even on GAF, it seems. At least one poster.

Donos

Can't put enough "salt" gifs here for that. Especially in regards to Nr. 1 after their US election.

MarionCB

Heard about this breaking on a Twitch chat where everyone pretended Le Pen won, the fuckers. That gave me a moment! Anyway, good job not following the trend of world wide stupid, France.

Hey good job France. Glad you guys are seeing the flaming pile that America is currently and said "Yup, no thanks"

I'm proud of you.

It's insane she did as well as she did, but still

jeez the UK coverage of this is tragic
To be fair, it's been for weeks, including from the left. The concern trolling would have turned to schadenfreude if MLP had won. Now they're going to be very concerned that +31 isn't enough and is a clear sign.

Edit: yeah, seeing Twitter, the alt right and fachosphere are turning regular butter into butter from Brittany.

mo60

Phew, good job holding it together France. I'm surprised ISIS and Russia didn't do more to get Le Pen elected.

That said, did she end up doing better than people thought she would? I remember earlier in the election people said she wouldn't even be a blip in the radar.

She did worse then expected. No one expected her to lose by like 30 percent.

Lime

Still worried about being so close to fascism and I'm not sure a centrist is the solution to the contemporary challenges of this world, but I'm relieved that the fascist didn't win and I hope for the best with Macron

Tagyhag

She did worse then expected. No one expected her to lose by like 30 percent.

Ah OK good. Fascism made some strides in France but I was hoping it wouldn't be too crazy.

Hopefully the crazies dwindle throughout Macron's presidency.

Gee, what a surprise.

65%, fucking lol.
25% of abstainers.

Even Chirac with all his shit got 82% in 2002.
With 80% of participation.

Don't boast too much, Manus.

Scipio

TBF, if America had a similar electoral system, that is, proportional representation, results would have been similar. Make French rural regions have as much power as rural regions have in America, and it would have been a lot closer.

Vive la France! But Macron has got a lot of work to do, starting with winning the Parliament.

Acorn

I hope you got some bleach after looking into the alt right sewers.

Oriel

Those loosers RT are in whinge-mode at the minute over the loss of their fascist hero Le Pen. Get fucked Putin you far right, war mongering, destabilising little shit-stain and your attempts to export anarchy and chaos throughout Europe. This result puts to an end this so-called "populist tide" that was supposedly sweeping across the western world. Common sense and sanity finally prevails.

Ithil

Those hundred year old WWII surrender jokes are too edgy for me.

Literally all those alt-right idiots know about France is "uh, surrender". They have absolutely zero knowledge of the outside world and have maybe 1-2 (at maximum) things they default to for any country they have heard of.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Those hundred year old WWII surrender jokes are too edgy for me.

I despise anti-French jokes about WWII. They completely shit on the courage and sacrifice of the French Resistance. Imagine putting everything on the line, and in many cases losing to death and torture, only to become a joke in the mouth of some ill-informed cretin decades later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom