• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lime

This result puts to an end this so-called "populist tide" that was supposedly sweeping across the western world. Common sense and sanity finally prevails.

Unfortunately all the people who voted for a fascist aren't going away

We still have problems that lead to people running into the arms of fascism and I'm not sure Macron will help change that, although I hope for the best

Gee, what a surprise.

65%, fucking lol.
25% of abstainers.

Even Chirac with all his shit got 82% in 2002.
With 80% of participation.

Don't boast too much, Manus.
Abstainers can eat shit.

He did far better than Chirac on the first round, too, so this whole pretense that he has no actual support is a joke. Reminder to all people with salty tears, be they melenchonistes or frontistes: he also won the first round.

Temascos

Neo Member
Well done France! I know earlier in the thread I was a doom and gloom guy but I was proven wrong, and I'm happy that's the case!

Also, Putin can now be the one panicking, knowing that the EU is hopefully gonna be a bit more resolute with Macron pushing for tougher sanctions until Russia backs the hell off.

I hope you got some bleach after looking into the alt right sewers.

Yea, thought I'd post something from there but i got cancer from wading in that cesspool....if anyone wants some good old fashioned schadenfreude head on to the T_D, just wash yourself after

mo60

Those loosers RT are in whinge-mode at the minute over the loss of their fascist hero Le Pen. Get fucked Putin you far right, war mongering, destabilising little shit-stain and your attempts to export anarchy and chaos throughout Europe. This result puts to an end this so-called "populist tide" that was supposedly sweeping across the western world. Common sense and sanity finally prevails.

There's a thread on r/the_meltdown that captured a screenshot of r/the_donald right after the results.

Elandyll

Banned
Gee, what a surprise.

65%, fucking lol.
25% of abstainers.

Even if ideally Macron would have won with more than 80%, it was pretty much impossible.

2017 is nowhere near 2002 in terms of global economies and social unrest... And look at how many terrorist attacks occured in France.

When you take all in ... 65% is pretty good, but Legislatives are right around the corner.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Those loosers RT are in whinge-mode at the minute over the loss of their fascist hero Le Pen. Get fucked Putin you far right, war mongering, destabilising little shit-stain and your attempts to export anarchy and chaos throughout Europe. This result puts to an end this so-called "populist tide" that was supposedly sweeping across the western world. Common sense and sanity finally prevails.

I don't know about that, Macron is as populist a vote as Le Pen. The French people have rejected all the established political parties for basically an unknown.

I mentioned it before in this thread but now you just to hope he doesn't blow it for the next person because people could just as easily turn to someone like Le Pen if they feel like the other options aren't working.

Gee, what a surprise.

65%, fucking lol.
25% of abstainers.

Yeah, it's good that Macron won, but this election was a defeat for the left parties more so than the right. A centre-right emerges as victorious, the right has only grown stronger (specifically far-right), while the left such as PS are in tatters.

Thank fucking everything. France, you've earned yourselves a massive pay on the back. I'm over here stuck with Trump for a few more years but it feels good to know it isn't the entire world that's lost it

Coffinhal

Abstainers can eat shit.

He did far better than Chirac on the first round, too, so this whole pretense that he has no actual support is a joke. Reminder to all people with salty tears, be they melenchonistes or frontistes: he also won the first round.

Technically ou don't "win" the first round

If you look at polls from the 1st round only half of the people that voted for him did it because they agreed with his platform (lowest number of the four big candidates)

Don't be arrogant

People who abstain have the right to do so and most of them do it because they are the people that are the most fragile in our society

Lautaro

Oh man, the salt in t_d, /pol and youtube is overwhelming. I enjoy a bit of schadenfreude but this is just embarrasing. They went from the "brave people of France" to "they were always cucks" too quick.

I despise anti-French jokes about WWII. They completely shit on the courage and sacrifice of the French Resistance. Imagine putting everything on the line, and in many cases losing to death and torture, only to become a joke in the mouth of some ill-informed cretin decades later.

Let alone Verdun from the previous war.

But hey, ill-informed morons gonna moron.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Unfortunately all the people who voted for a fascist aren't going away

We still have problems that lead to people running into the arms of fascism and I'm not sure Macron will help change that, although I hope for the best

Thankfully, many of them will die due to old age, which gives the world a chance to recover. Good riddance to such filth.

Zips

There is still a lot of work to be done, and more countries and elections to go.

The more elections that far-right candidates lose though, the better, and hopefully will help build a stronger response and defense to Russia's ongoing attempts at destabilizing the West.

I won't feel safe until countries have developed plans and enacted structured, effective responses for how to deal with Russian attempts at influence.

Linkark07

Banned
Good job France. It feels good seeing you didn't pick a crazy person to lead your country.

Also, eat shit Putin. I hope your continued attempts of sabotaging other countries elections continue failing.

I despise anti-French jokes about WWII. They completely shit on the courage and sacrifice of the French Resistance. Imagine putting everything on the line, and in many cases losing to death and torture, only to become a joke in the mouth of some ill-informed cretin decades later.

Not only that, the whole "lololol the French surrender all the time" also ignores the fact that the French were one of the strongest military forces, at times the single most powerful, in the world, and the French army almost always was state of the art, well trained and incredibly successful in the field of battle.

But it's easier to go "lol those cheese eating creampuffs with their white flags".

People are all onto Putin now, it will be much harder to manipulate elections in the future. Everyone will be watching for Russian meddling.

Unfortunately the damage in UK and US is already done. US will rebound because of the strength of our institutions. UK might be fucked though. :(

Thankfully, many of them will die due to old age, which gives the world a chance to recover. Good riddance to such filth.

C4imETFWYAAuYr9.jpg

What is Le Pen's target demographic?

I think she did really well in former leftist areas, especially Northern France.

Abstainers can eat shit.

Far better? 24% instead of 20%?
Fucking LUL.

Also, no, you can eat shit.
More than 10 millions people didn't vote, respect them.

AYF 001

Actually a ton of old voters voted for Macron.
I'd imagine it had something to do with them remembering what their parents said about life under German occupation during WWII that made them see the
cyrillic
writing on the wall.

People are all onto Putin now, it will be much harder to manipulate elections in the future. Everyone will be watching for Russian meddling.

Unfortunately the damage in UK and US is already done. US will rebound because of the strength of our institutions. UK might be fucked though. :(

I really hope that more countries keep an eye out for any Russian interference now and push them back.

Coffinhal

Why people voted for Macron

C_PoDBDXgAAPer5.jpg:large

43% to vote against Le Pen
33% because of the renewal in politics he represents
16% for his Platform (!)
8% because of his character

Why people voted for Le Pen

C_PoizCXUAAjyjN.jpg:large

41% because of the renewal in politics she represents (!)
30% for her Platform (!)
22% to vote against Macron
7% because of her character

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom