• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
now please UK take a step down calm down and be sensible again, stop being twats or I will link you to continent just to piss you all off (London Liberal Media elite here!)

Mael

Below 35%? I'll take it.
Big win for Macron, he went from nothing politically to president in a year's time.
Big loss for nearly everyone.
FN is not done but MLP is.
Her performance should haunt her for quite some time.
The 2nd in command should be sued for the fake news stint he tried to pulled.
Dupont Aignan's career is officially over.
Pretty good result for this campaign I'd say.
We killed Fillon, NDA, Hollande, Hamon,MLP, Sarkozy, Valls and hopefully Asselineau.
That's quite the body count!

Is this salt? Tastes like salt.

I didn't vote so i didn't give a shit :p

i'm past the stupidity and the short memory of my country.

I just won't take all this "macron is something new" bullshit.

This fucker is one of the goons who destroyed the labor code.
He used the 49.3 To adopt the text to the National Assembly without a vote.
Five months of protest and he doesn't give a shit.

"the best way to buy a suit is to work". Fuck off.

He's gonna do the same politics as it is since 1983.

Thank christ for that, glad the shift to the right has hit a wall.

While yeah, I can understand the issue with a banker taking the reigns, your other option was a far right asshole. Nothing good ever comes of putting far right assholes in the driving seat.

That was manuel valls

Just saying.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Congratulations to France on not electing a corrupt, psychotic right wing cunt as their leader.

Feel free to laugh at the US and Britain for years. You've earned it.

C6_SUx7XAAASNt4.jpg

Loosers club :D

Both bleach blondes?

Congrats to France. I saw an old Citroen 2CV today so it had to be.

Some good points.

But, the far-right is only part of the story. A shift has been taking place in many European countries. Politics is no longer a battle between right versus left, but a choice between open or closed economies and societies. For a number of mainstream parties, especially among social democrats and the coalition of voters they have historically relied on, such differences have become increasingly bitter and possibly irreconcilable.

Also Macron presenting himself as outside the mainstream political spectrum has helped him a lot I think.

Macron was uncompromising in his criticism of Le Pen, but was always careful to distinguish between the National Front and its supporters. During Wednesday's debate he accused Le Pen of talking a lot against things, but proposing little to actually help the people whose misery she was feeding off.

Something a lot of GAF still hasn't learned I see.

But Macron then spent nearly an hour debating with the workers, in what was at times a fiery exchange livestreamed on Facebook, and viewed more than 650,000 times. It was a gutsy move, but it paid off. He left shaking hands with the workers.

Yep.

Mael

Thanks for the salt, I'm cooking now.
If you were for Melenchon you're a big fucking hypocrite, the guy is one of the least new guy we had this round.

Coffinhal

Melenchon and abstainers have proved that they are equally as awful as FN voters

THEY WOULD RATHER LET THE WORLD BURN !!!

Abstainers can go vote 'blanc'. But let me reformulate: abstainers who complain about the vote results can eat shit.

I am not saying it's a resounding victory for Macron, but whiners are loving to prop up that he has not support, which is factually a lie.
Your point could certainly be made about all candidates (certainly can be made about melenchon, that people liked but didn't support the more 'extreme' components of his policies). Perhaps the candidate with the most genuine support for his platform didn't get elected
he deserved to though

No, they have every right to complain, it's their freedom of speech and you have to understand that abstaining is a form of political expression. You may not like it but sociology shows that it is how it works in the reality (see the work of Anne Muxel).

He doesn't have a strong support.

No as I showed you he had less support for his platform than the three other candidates (I showed it on this thread last week).
During the second round only 16% voted for his platform (30% for Le Pen's platform)

ghostjoke

Banned
Congrats France.

Side note: Every time i see Wilders' hair, I can only imagine it gets dropped on before public appearances like Vader's mask.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Oh wow...

From MSNBC.

French media reported that Macron won 65.9 percent of the vote and Le Pen gained 34.1 percent, citing results from the Ministry of the Interior.

It was a blowout, too. Way to go, France.

mike6467

Glad to see France made the right call. Fun times reading the Fox comments lol. It appears politics for most people has entirely ceased being about what's best for the majority of the country, and is now about as trivial as picking a sports team to root for.

nOoblet16

France with the combo breaker, for a while seemed like the western world was going all right wing, conservative and xenophobic.

THEY WOULD RATHER LET THE WORLD BURN

No, they have every right to complain, it's their freedom of speech and you have to understand that abstaining is a form of political expression. You may not like it but sociology shows that it is how it works in the reality (see the work of Anne Muxel).

No as I showed you he had less support for his platform than the three other candidates (I showed it on this thread last week).
During the second round only 16% voted for his platform (30% for Le Pen's platform)
Ah, the perennial idiocy of confusing freedom of speech and the freedom not to be mocked. I wonder who else is confused about this all the time.
I am not for jailing these people. And the discussion is obviously not about it's a form of political expression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom