• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| of Lips

Tntnnbltn

May 1 DLC:
  • 1990: The Black Crowes - "Hard to Handle"
  • 1999: Travis - "Why Does It Always Rain on Me?"
  • 2007: Good Charlotte - "Dance Floor Anthem (I Don't Want to Be in Love)"

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Oh, shit. May looks like a corker, especially the 8th and 29th. :lol

Available May 8:

You Get What You Give – The New Radicals
Turning Japanese – The Vapors
Clocks – Coldplay

Available May 15:

Mr. Telephone Man – New Edition
Cool It Now – New Edition
If It Isn't Love – New Edition
New Edition Song Pack – Mr. Telephone Man, Cool It Now, If It Isn’t Love

Available May 22:

Lollipop – Mika
Achy Breaky Heart – Billy Ray Cyrus
100 Years – Five For Fighting

Available May 29:

I Miss You – Blink-182
Life Is A Rollercoaster – Ronan Keating
Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol

Microsoft are really delivering with this game. I'm at 115 songs or something. The support for Lips has been brilliant.

parasight

Oh shit! New Edition. My hand is now tempted to finally break my Lips DLC virginity. :lol

Lack of Can You Stand The Rain & I'm Still In Love With You is a disappointment though. Maybe another time. Perhaps a "Slow Jam" pack.

tmarques

Damn, people are getting good at this. I was #20 or something on Call Me and a few weeks later I dropped out of the Top 100.

Is there a decent guide for this game anywhere? I still don't quite understand how the scoring system works.

Hammer24

Banned
Wifey dragged this "game" in the other day - and immediately started to drain my ms points savings with her downloads. :D Looks like I have to hoard more points from now on.

Tntnnbltn

Looks like Microsoft and iNiS are challenging SingStar for a second year in a row. They've announced Lips: Number One Hits, the sequel to last year's Xbox 360-exclusive karaoke title.

From the looks of it, not much will be changing for thse second go around. Number One Hits will feature a new soundtrack, but will also work with existing microphones as well as all of the original's DLC.

The announced songs include:

* "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay
* "Disturbia" by Rihanna
* "U Can't Touch This," by MC Hammer
* "More Than Words," by Extreme
* "Apologize" by Timbaland featuring OneRepublic
* "Karma Chameleon" by Culture Club
* "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" by Marvin Gaye
* "Oh, Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison
* Ready, Set, Go!" by Tokio Hotel
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174412

Tntnnbltn

June 12 DLC:
  • 2002: Sugababes – "Freak Like Me"
  • 2008: Boyzone – "Love You Anyway"
  • ????: ForeverGirl – "Shake The World" [Free]

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Available June 19:

Spiralling – Keane
Take Back The City – Snow Patrol
Radar Love – Golden Earring

Available June 26:

Love Like This – Natasha Bedingfield feat. Sean Kingston
Ice Ice Baby – Vanilla Ice
I Want You To Want Me (Live at Budokan) – Cheap Trick

toff74

Was just looking at the Lips Number Ones flash site and noticed this:

Constant flow of new music: With songs from Lips and Lips: Number One Hits and the ability to download new tracks regularly from Xbox LIVE Marketplace and the in-game music store, you can continuously find new music to bring people together and keep the party going. With the launch of the new Xbox LIVE Music Channel, it'll be even easier to find, sample and download the latest hits to build your catalog for even more singing fun.

The important bit is bolded.. what could this mean? anyone know?

Whilst i think the curent crop of DLC isnt great i'm willing to bet that this situation will soon change :D (Or is that just wishfull thinking?!)

vermadas

I hope people are still browsing this thread. I bought this game yesterday, mostly for the two mics. I wanted the mics for The Beatles RB and also a wireless mic for RB2 when they patch it. I figure I'd give the game a try though. I'm having an odd issue at the song selection screen. Took a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G73hTUpXwlo

When I'm in the song selection screen the song previews don't play and the screen is continually "refreshing". If I select a song to get the submenu to come up, it goes away with the next refresh. I can still get into a song if I'm fast/lucky enough, but I don't think it's supposed to be this way.

- It happens if the mics are on or off
- It happens with two different controllers that I've tried. I've tried shutting the controllers off and turning them back on.
- The only USB device plugged in is the Vision cam
- I tried clearing the cache / repatching
- I tried installing the game to the HD

Nothing works. Google is no help. Any ideas GAF?

toff74 said:
Was just looking at the Lips Number Ones flash site and noticed this:

Constant flow of new music: With songs from Lips and Lips: Number One Hits and the ability to download new tracks regularly from Xbox LIVE Marketplace and the in-game music store, you can continuously find new music to bring people together and keep the party going. With the launch of the new Xbox LIVE Music Channel, it'll be even easier to find, sample and download the latest hits to build your catalog for even more singing fun.

The important bit is bolded.. what could this mean? anyone know?

Whilst i think the curent crop of DLC isnt great i'm willing to bet that this situation will soon change :D (Or is that just wishfull thinking?!)

isn't last.fm and the zune marketplace merging with the existing xbox live stuff on 360?

Ronabo

vermadas said:
I hope people are still browsing this thread. I bought this game yesterday, mostly for the two mics. I wanted the mics for The Beatles RB and also a wireless mic for RB2 when they patch it. I figure I'd give the game a try though. I'm having an odd issue at the song selection screen. Took a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G73hTUpXwlo

When I'm in the song selection screen the song previews don't play and the screen is continually "refreshing". If I select a song to get the submenu to come up, it goes away with the next refresh. I can still get into a song if I'm fast/lucky enough, but I don't think it's supposed to be this way.

- It happens if the mics are on or off
- It happens with two different controllers that I've tried. I've tried shutting the controllers off and turning them back on.
- The only USB device plugged in is the Vision cam
- I tried clearing the cache / repatching
- I tried installing the game to the HD

Nothing works. Google is no help. Any ideas GAF?

Try taking out the battery pack/batteries while it's doing it. If that doesn't work take out the batteries while the system is turned off and resync the controllers and mics.

Also I've started to play this game. So if anyone wants to challenge me, go ahead. Gamertag is Ronabo.

I might get Freak like me and I bought the New Edition pack not too long ago. I wish there was a battery pack for the mics.
Singstar Motown sounds good, with the 50th anniversary this year there should be a band game for motown....maybe next year?

vermadas

Ronabo said:
Try taking out the battery pack/batteries while it's doing it. If that doesn't work take out the batteries while the system is turned off and resync the controllers and mics.

I let a guy from work borrow the game to try it on his xbox. Didn't bother giving him the mics. He says it was all working fine for him.

So I went back to troubleshooting this today. Took out the controller battery pack while it was doing it and it had no effect. Took the battery pack out of the controller and batteries out of the mics with the system turned off. Turned it on, put batteries back in everything, resync'd controller and then mics. Nada. Deleted all game data for the game and came back in. Unplugged the Vision Cam. Nothing worked.

A couple more notes about this problem.. It's supposed to let the song previews continue to play when you select the Play! option from the submenu (when it takes you to the video select screen). When the refresh issue is happening, if I can hit A twice fast enough to let me into a song's video select screen, nothing looks out of the ordinary visually but the song preview either only plays for a second or doesn't play at all. Also, a couple times while troubleshooting this the GUI kind of crashed. I would go into a video preview for a song and come back out, and some of the song icons were just gone. It wouldn't accept any input at all except for the 360 button to bring up the blades.

I tried going into the Options menu and changing GUI theme. After it loaded I went back to the Sing menu and it was all of a sudden working fine. No screen flashing and all the song previews were playing. I went back to the Options menu and changed the theme back to the default. It was still working. I went back to the title screen and came back in and the problem resurfaced.

So I have a retarded work around for now. I haven't actually tried singing a song and coming back to the Sing menu yet though. Will try that tomorrow.

toff74

From the Stiq of Joy

July 3:

"Baby Got Back" -- Sir Mix-a-Lot

"The Next Movement" – The Roots

"Shut Up" – The Black Eyed Peas

July 10:

"Get The Party Started" - Pink

"Don't Let Me Get Me" - Pink

"So What" – Pink

P!nk Song Pack featuring all three songs

July 17:

"Just So You know" – Jesse McCartney

"Hey Mama" – The Black Eyed Peas

"Can I Get Get Get" – Junior Senior*

* Song not available in Sweden, Finland and Norway.

Not bad really.. can see myself buying a few of those... Wonder what happens after July 17th (some people are never satisfied:D )

toff74

Some of the best DLC for months and its like a ghost town in here... nobody just a little interested? Ice Ice Baby? A little P!nk?

I have noticed that the official website has stopped/slowed with its updates, but i'm hoping they're going for a sort of re-launch with No. 1's. This time with leaderboards from day dot, quicker load times and better friend intergration **coinfirmed**.

Any other wishlists from you guys?

toff74 said:
Some of the best DLC for months and its like a ghost town in here... nobody just a little interested? Ice Ice Baby? A little P!nk?
I'm just getting started, and have finally dived in with the 3 must haves:

Ice Ice Baby
What is Love?
Baby Got Back

It's one hell of a set list for any occasion. Too bad "U Can't Touch This" is on the No. 1 Hits, let's hope MS does play nice and let you use the same DLC batch, a la Rock Band.

Xenon

Has anyone tried using the mp3 mode with Disney songs? How good is the voice muting? I was thinking of picking this up for my kid.

toff74

Xenon: Not tried any of those things.. I'm still going through the Disc & DLC songs.

Anyone got any ideas on todays releases? Next weeks too? Hopefully they've been keeping quiet because of some BIG suprises (Who am i kidding lol) MJ?

toff74

Well, the songs are out and a prettty good selection too...

Upside Down - Diane Ross (Buying)

Lets Stay Together - Al Green (Buying)

Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx (Not sure yet)

toff74

It's happened: a list of tracks that will be included on the Number 1 Hits disc.

See here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Lips/35378221091?ref=nf

Or read here:

2Pac feat. Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman - California Love
Akon - Don’t Matter
Aqua - Barbie Girl... Read More
Atomic Kitten - The Tide is High (Get the Feeling)
Beck - Loser
Black Eyed Peas - Don't Phunk With My Heart
Blondie - Heart of Glass
Bob Sinclar - Love Generation
Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry, Be Happy
Colbie Caillat - Bubbly
Coldplay - Viva la Vida
Culture Club - Karma Chameleon
Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died in Your Arms
DJ Ötzi - Hey Baby
Extreme - More Than Words
Fergie - Big Girls Don’t Cry
Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy
James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado - Broken Strings
Jason Mraz - I’m Yours
Kanye West - Heartless
Lady Gaga feat. Colby O’Donis - Just Dance
Lily Allen - The Fear
LL Cool J - Around The Way Girl
Mariah Carey - Touch My Body
Marvin Gaye - I Heard it Through the Grapevine
MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This
Nickelback - How You Remind Me
Pet Shop Boys - Always on My Mind
Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
Rihanna - Disturbia
Robbie Williams - Millennium
Roxette - The Look... Read More
Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
Sugababes - Push the Button
Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World
The Beach Boys - I Get Around
The Cardigans - Lovefool
Timbaland feat. OneRepublic - Apologize
Tokio Hotel - Ready, Set, Go!

A great list for a UKer (me)..

Not sure what this means for the original Lips DLC. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

SuperPac

So did they say whether or not it'll work like Rock Band where Lips No. 1 Hits can "read" songs from the first Lips and all your DLC? I imagine the DLC's probably fine but what about the tracks from the first game? As much as I like Singstar I always thought it was a limitation of that game that you couldn't export the songs from the first or second one to have a huge library without switching discs. :'(

toff74

SuperPac said:
So did they say whether or not it'll work like Rock Band where Lips No. 1 Hits can "read" songs from the first Lips and all your DLC? I imagine the DLC's probably fine but what about the tracks from the first game? As much as I like Singstar I always thought it was a limitation of that game that you couldn't export the songs from the first or second one to have a huge library without switching discs. :'(

From what i read its a simple disc swap, not actually coming out of the game. Still not the best solution (like Rock Band1&2) but something :).

The DLC can be used over both games.

SuperPac

I hope No. 1 Hits has some gameplay improvements...

I've never gotten the percussion medal in a song and it seems like the mics are pretty inaccurate when trying to keep with the beat. I've tried like hell to get that medal in a song but...no go. And it seems when looking at the leaderboards like a lot of other people aren't getting that one either.

Also...what's the deal with being able to send a challenge to a friend, but once it's completed not being able to send another right away? Agh! Ah well.

Tntnnbltn

August 7 DLC:
  • [1986] Timbuk3 - "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades"
  • [1989] The Beautiful South - "Song for Whoever" **

** Not available in the UK, Ireland, and Netherlands

Tntnnbltn

August 14 DLC:
  • [2007] David Guetta and Chris Willis - "Love Is Gone"
  • [2007] Robyn - "With Every Heartbeat"

August 21 DLC:
  • [2001] Robbie Williams - "The Road to Mandalay"
  • [2005] Coldplay - "Talk"

August 28 DLC:
  • [1969] Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Proud Mary"
  • [2001] Shaggy - "Angel"

komarkaze

Tntnnbltn said:
August 28 DLC:
  • [2001] Shaggy - "Angel"

OMG!!!! This is my favorite karaoke song ever! I have to get this. Problem is, the only SKU I can find at stores anymore is the Spanish version. It seems the original US English SKU has been discontinued.

komarkaze

I bet Lips will eventually have the same amount of Coldplay songs that Singstar has, which is already a lot.

Lips Number One Hits can't come out soon enough. Is there any word whether songs from the first lips will be exportable, or release as DLC?

Following up on the Singstar thread, how is the rapping engine in Lips?

SuperPac

komarkaze said:
I bet Lips will eventually have the same amount of Coldplay songs that Singstar has, which is already a lot.

Lips Number One Hits can't come out soon enough. Is there any word whether songs from the first lips will be exportable, or release as DLC?

Following up on the Singstar thread, how is the rapping engine in Lips?

BTW I dunno if this is always how it was, but in the new NXE Dashboard Lips is listed as Lips Disc 1 (I believe that was in the game info screen, not sure where I saw it but I did). I was hoping you could export the songs off of the first Lips to play in No. 1 Hits but toff74 said earlier in the thread that it's a swap.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
SuperPac said:
BTW I dunno if this is always how it was, but in the new NXE Dashboard Lips is listed as Lips Disc 1 (I believe that was in the game info screen, not sure where I saw it but I did). I was hoping you could export the songs off of the first Lips to play in No. 1 Hits but toff74 said earlier in the thread that it's a swap.

I spoke to a Microsoft rep at E3 (she was standing next to Lips #1 Hits), and she also said it was a disc swap, which made me sad.

komarkaze

SuperPac said:

According to this thread, disc 1 refers to US Lips release, and each subsequent number refers to each international disc release. Looks like disc swap is most likely solution for Lips instead of export. In that case, I hope they make Lips 1 songs as DLC for those of us who can't access first release anymore. KR franchise has done that, but they also have shoddy DLC support.

vermadas said:
*weird song refreshing issue

I had this EXACT problem! It turned out to be a corrupted DLC file. I ended up deleting all of my downloaded songs and grabbing them again. Hopefully that will help, if you haven't already solved it.

Top Bottom