• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| of Lips

Tntnnbltn

Tracklist for Lips: Deutsche Partyknaller (German)
* '54, '74, '90, 2010 - Sportfreunde Stiller
* Allein Allein - Polarkreis 18
* Besser geht's nicht - 2raumwohnung
* Bis die Sonne rauskommt - Samy Deluxe
* Da Da Da - Trio
* Dieses Leben - Juli
* Durch den Monsun - Tokio Hotel
* Ein Engel kein König - Auletta
* Ein ganzer Sommer - Virginia Jetzt!
* Eisblumen - Eisblume
* Ey DJ - Culcha Candela
* Fliegerlied (So ein schöner Tag) - Tim Toupet
* Gekommen, um zu bleiben - Wir sind Helden
* Gib mir noch Zeit - Blümchen
* Gib mir Sonne - Rosenstolz
* Hamma! - Culcha Candela
* Captain Jack - Captain Jack
* Himalaya - Jennifer Rostock
* Ich bin ich (Wir sind wir) - Rosenstolz
* Ich kenne nichts (I've Never Seen) - RZA featuring Xavier Naidoo
* Käsebrot - Helge Schneider
* Klar - Jan Delay
* Kling Klang - Keimzeit
* Love Songs (They Kill Me) - Cinema Bizarre
* Maria Magdalena - Sandra
* Millionär - Die Prinzen
* Nach dem Goldrausch - Fotos
* Perfekte Welle - Juli
* Sex Bomb - Tom Jones featuring Mousse T.
* Shame - Monrose
* Sierra Madre - Die Zillertaler Schürzenjäger
* So soll es bleiben - Ich & Ich
* Stark - Ich & Ich
* The Colour of Snow - Polarkreis 18
* Through the Eye of a Child - Reamonn
* Und wenn ein Lied - Söhne Mannheims
* Verdammt ich lieb' dich - Matthias Reim
* Viva Colonia - Höhner
* Wind of Change - Scorpions
* Zwei Herzen - Klee
http://www.gameswelt.de/news/39689-...ler_-_Update_Komplette_Tracklist_bekannt.html

Tntnnbltn

September 4 DLC:
  • [2005] The Postal Service - "We Will Become Silhouettes"
  • [2007] Rihanna - "Shut Up And Drive"

September 11 DLC:
  • [1992] Ugly Kid Joe - "Everything About You"
  • [2003] The Postal Service - "Such Great Heights"

September 18 DLC:
  • [2008] Panic! At The Disco - "Nine In The Afternoon"
  • [2009] The Airborne Toxic Event - "Sometime Around Midnight"

September 25 DLC:
  • [1974] Bachman Turner Overdrive - "You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet"
  • [2005] The Bravery - "An Honest Mistake"

Was gonna start a new thread, but may as well ask here: how in f*ck do you connect a mic to the console? Absolutely nothing I do seems to work: I tried holding down on the power button on the mic first, then the console's connect button afterward, but nithing.... vice versa as well, but again nothing. Not helping is how I recieved two different sets of instructions with the mic itself.

Also how I have zero idea what kind of flashing means what; I'm assuming when it quickly lights up blue every once in a while that it's just "on"? Sorry to be such a dumbass here, but this is really driving me nuts.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
FortNinety said:
Was gonna start a new thread, but may as well ask here: how in f*ck do you connect a mic to the console? Absolutely nothing I do seems to work: I tried holding down on the power button on the mic first, then the console's connect button afterward, but nithing.... vice versa as well, but again nothing. Not helping is how I recieved two different sets of instructions with the mic itself.

Also how I have zero idea what kind of flashing means what; I'm assuming when it quickly lights up blue every once in a while that it's just "on"? Sorry to be such a dumbass here, but this is really driving me nuts.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959936

It also tells you in My Xbox > Solutions on the Dashboard.

Funny how when you go to xbox.com/setup, as suggested in the documentation, there are no instructions. lol, MS. Anyhow, thanks!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
FortNinety said:
Funny how when you go to xbox.com/setup, as suggested in the documentation, there are no instructions. lol, MS. Anyhow, thanks!
Would be so much easier if they put 2 buttons on the bottom:

- Power
- Sync

It'd make it so much easier.

And it STILL is not working! WTF. I just something would tell me the differences between the blue flashing light and the green flashing light, and why pressing the connecting button for different durations nets different lighting sequences on the console itself, something that is never mentioned anywhere. Christ.

At this point, I'd just settle for a YouTube video that literally holds my hand.

lolmark

Anyone know why Microsoft is cutting the Lips DLC releases to 2 songs per week?

edit: Digging the Postal Service updates. :D

Tntnnbltn

I approve of this love for The Postal Service. (Fine, so I only know "Such Great Heights". But I'd still buy it in a heartbeat if it came to my console karaoke game)

lolmark said:
Anyone know why Microsoft is cutting the Lips DLC releases to 2 songs per week?
Dunno, but I hope it increases when they release Lips Number One Hits. Even with 8 really good songs per month there's still going to be a large audience who won't be satisfied with the selection.

Cheech

Is there not a standalone disc version of this game? I've been looking for the pricing, and all I can see is the $60 bundle with mics. I don't need 4 of them!

komarkaze

Yeah, I don't understand pricing at all. The first Lips bundle came out at $69. Now Lips Hits bundle pre-order prices are $59. I'm debating whether to buy Lips Spanish bundle since it will be cheap (and still available in stores), but it's only worth it if Lips Hits will have a standalone version.

Don't even want to know why the individual wireless mics are $45 each.

Doodis

FortNinety said:
And it STILL is not working! WTF. I just something would tell me the differences between the blue flashing light and the green flashing light, and why pressing the connecting button for different durations nets different lighting sequences on the console itself, something that is never mentioned anywhere. Christ.

At this point, I'd just settle for a YouTube video that literally holds my hand.
Haha. I bought the Lips pack yesterday (mainly to use in Beatles Rock Band) and came into this thread looking to find the same thing - how in the hell do these mics operate?

I got mine turned on and synced okay last night, but spent five minutes trying to figure out how to turn the damn things off. Ridiculous.

Sh0k

komarkaze said:
Yeah, I don't understand pricing at all. The first Lips bundle came out at $69. Now Lips Hits bundle pre-order prices are $59. I'm debating whether to buy Lips Spanish bundle since it will be cheap (and still available in stores), but it's only worth it if Lips Hits will have a standalone version.

Don't even want to know why the individual wireless mics are $45 each.

Sorry for the bump, but anybody knows where to find the first Lips bundle ? I'm in Miami and looking at best buy, target, etc ... but they seemed to be discontinued. I'm mainly looking for the Spanish bundle. I found the English version at K-mart, but they are asking $49.99, is this a good price for the bundle ?

komarkaze

The price of the Spanish bundle may still be $69, though 2 months ago they had a 50% off special for it.

The Spanish bundles are easily found at all the Best Buys I've been to in VA, whereas I've been looking for the English bundle. Wanna swap?

komarkaze

Thanks to Shok, I finally found a Lips bundle at Kmart for $49. Played it last night for the first time. It was really annoying to get the microphones set up, but once it worked, it worked great. Solid quality and love the wireless very much. I've been playing SingStar PS3 for the last few months and I enjoyed that a lot, but Lips is not a bad SingStar clone. One thing that Lips handles a little better is the co-op mode. In SingStar, the players usually trade off turns, then sing in unison, then trade off again. Lips follow the same format, but during the chorus where there is backing vocals, players will have to sing lead or background together, which makes it a bit more dynamic. Is there an in-game music store like SingStore or Rock Band Music Store for Lips? I couldn't find it if there is one so I ended up using the XBLM.

I didn't understand how to upload my networked music as when I selected a song, and it froze the game, so I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Tntnnbltn

October 2 DLC:
  • [1991] En Vogue - "My Lovin' (You’re Never Gonna Get It)"
  • [1996] Deep Blue Something - "Breakfast at Tiffany's"

October 9 DLC:
  • [1994] Erasure - "Always"
  • [1996] Duncan Sheik - "Barely Breathing"

October 16 DLC:
  • [1988] Erasure - "Chains of Love"
  • [1996] Mark Morrison - "Return of The Mack"
  • [2009] Jason Mraz feat. Colbie Caillat - "Lucky"

October 23 DLC:
  • [1964] The Supremes - "Baby Love"
  • [1965] The Supremes - "Stop! In The Name of Love"
  • [1966] The Supremes - "You Can’t Hurry Love"

October 30 DLC:
  • [1988] Glenn Medeiros - "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You"
  • [1994] The Pretenders - "I’ll Stand By You"
  • ** [2004] Juli - "Geile Zeit"
  • ** [2008] Ich + Ich - "Nichts Bringt Mich Runter"
  • ** [2009] Samy Deluxe - "Dis Wo Ich Herkomm"

** Only in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Belgium.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
AlphaTwo00 said:
Oh hey, barely used Lips thread:

http://www.trueachievements.com/Lips-xbox-360.htm

Unknown DLC Pack?

Any idea?
My guess it's the achievements for Number One Hits.

I suspect the 360 will see the disc as Lips, so it can recognise the DLC or something. The achievements definitely tie-in with #1 Hits features that have been revealed thus far.

Pretty shitty it won't get the full 1000 but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

parasight

According to some folks who got the game early, these are the 3 five-packs you get to chose from that you get free with the game:

Lips Hearts & Heartbreak Tour

James Blunt - 1973
Daniel Powter - Bad Day
Robbie Williams - Eternity
Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not The One
Jewel - You Were Meant For Me

Lips Turn It Up To 11 Tour

30 Seconds to Mars - From Yesterday
Coldplay - Lost!
Nickelback - Photograph
Hoobastank - The Reason
My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade

Lips House Party

LL Cool J - Going Back To Cali
Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
Janet Jackson - Nasty
Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It
Paula Abdul - Straight Up

Shame you can't pick and choose, because I like bits and pieces from the 2nd and 3rd pack.

lolmark

Ugh, this week is going to hurt the bank so bad. I want to get Lips Number 1 Hits, but I wish there was a cheaper sku that didn't include a microphone.

DTJAAAAM

Found the game early at a local Fry's and I've been playing since Friday night. I'm a terrible singer, but I'm going to savor the feeling of being ranked #1 on the leaderboards for the entire Lips Hearts & Heartbreak Tour song pack while I can!

parasight

lolmark said:
Ugh, this week is going to hurt the bank so bad. I want to get Lips Number 1 Hits, but I wish there was a cheaper sku that didn't include a microphone.

Is there really no game-only version of the game?

EDIT: Just checked, they are selling it individually for $44.99

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Anyone in the UK, Gameplay are selling the #1 Hits Solus for £25.

With the current postal situation, you might get it in time for Christmas.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
moai said:
so, can you export the songs from the first game or do you have to swap discs?
It's disc swap. :(

Someone on the Xbox Forums already has the game and confirmed it. Sucks.

DLC will work with just the #1 Hits disc, though.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
It's also been confirmed that Number 1 Hits does indeed show up as Lips, and therefore only has the 250G that they've added to the Lips game listing. :(

t3nmilez said:
Any idea if the #1 hits is region free like the original?
Game isn't out yet. :p I suggest keeping an eye on http://vgplus.blogspot.com/ and the individual product listings on Play-Asia.

lolmark

parasight said:
Is there really no game-only version of the game?

EDIT: Just checked, they are selling it individually for $44.99
Are you sure. I didn't see it at Gamestop or Amazon. Oh well, I bought the bundle and sold the mic to a friend. :D

What song packs are you guys going for? I'm leaning towards House Party. Turn It Up To 11 Tour gets the boot because of Nickelback.

SuperPac

komarkaze said:
I read that Best Buy has an exclusive Colbie Calliat 3-pack if you buy Lipshits from them.

That is what the ad says, yes. The Best Buy I went to didn't know about the extra and couldn't find it when asked. No Colbie Calliat for me, which is too bad 'cuz my fiancee would've really enjoyed that.

Stopping by Best Buy tomorrow to pick up Number One Hits. Sad there isn't a cheap version without a microphone as I already have two.

Single microphones are selling for $20-30 on ebay though, so I guess that's an option. :D

DTJAAAAM

Anyone willing to sell their five song DLC code to me? I need two since I want all the song packs. PM me with an offer!

parasight

Just picked up Lipshits, today. Really digging all the new features and additions. Hit me up if you wanna get some Challenges done. The Avatar rewards are neat too.

GT: Paralock

komarkaze

I'll probably pick this up next week during Best Buy's B2G1 free sale. Weird that this game will only have 250 gamerpoints, for those interested in that kind of thing.

Trying No 1 hits now.

CON: Not all songs carry over as DLC. The one I found: Sir Mix a Lot, Baby got back.

EDIT: OK. Seems like there's an update to it, and you just needed to download it again.

Tntnnbltn

cjelly said:
People on the Xbox Forums are saying none of the Sony-published DLC works in #1 Hits.
Interesting. When was the last DLC Sony Music song released?

Edit: It appears the issue has been rectified for most songs.

Sir-mix-alot, they said it should be fixed soon. I will be getting this soon, also the achievements from the 1st game can be earned through #1 hits

akilshohen said:
Sir-mix-alot, they said it should be fixed soon. I will be getting this soon, also the achievements from the 1st game can be earned through #1 hits
It's weird. It's been fixed, but it's a different download file. I essentially had two of the same file on disk. I deleted the old one, but haven't checked whether the new one works with the original game.

Disk Swap sucks, as it works as mentioned above. It's highly discouraging to play through those songs in the new game.

How does it works for Singstar?

A good solution would be let you install the old disc, but perform disc check once at beginning of each session.

Top Bottom