• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| of Lips

Tntnnbltn said:
SingStar works the exact same way.
Yes and no. If you swap disk, you won't be forced back to the current disk. Lips right now forces you to enter back to Number 1 hits.

Oh, and the new avatar awards is borked already: One of them require "Gold Cup", which seems like it's hitting the top 100 on the leaderboard. Yeah. Good luck with the current leaderboards.

For those who are wondering...

Lips Avatar awards: Hat (complete a song), Infinity Glasses (Infinity rank on a song), Crystal Boots (Gold Cup in leaderboard).

I'm missing the last two though.

I guess I'm taking on the mantle of Lips updater here :lol

November DLC
Available on Nov. 6

* Juice Newton - "Angel of the Morning"
* Bananarama - "Shy Boy"
* The Supremes - "You Keep Me Hanging On"

Available on Nov. 13

* Marvin Gaye - "Let's Get It On"
* Marvin Gaye - "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You"
* Marvin Gaye - "What's Going On (The Ecology)"
* Marvin Gaye Song Pack - includes the above 3 songs!

Available on Nov. 20

* Colbie Caillat - "Fallin' For You"
* Colbie Caillat - "Realize"
* Colbie Caillat - "The Little Things"
* Colbie Caillat Song Pack - includes the above 3 songs!

Available on Nov. 27

* Lady Gaga - "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)"
* Lady Gaga - "Love Game"
* Lady Gaga - "Poker Face"
* Lady Gaga Song Pack - includes the above 3 songs!

And it seems like all DLC outside of Coldplay "In My Place", and holiday DLC now work with Lips Number One Hits.

Coldsnap

Sorry if this has been answered before but since Lips #1 hits shares achievements with the regular lips can you unlock avatar rewards with regular Lips? thanks

Coldsnap said:
Sorry if this has been answered before but since Lips #1 hits shares achievements with the regular lips can you unlock avatar rewards with regular Lips? thanks
They warn about not all being unlockable. I have no idea which ones.

kiryogi

Banned
lolmark said:
6.3GB.

I'm curious if installing the first Lips game will improve the load speeds for the disc swapping.

I actually wonder that. I have the first LIPS installed but I have no clue if it accesses the disk or not when you swap.

lolmark

Is the Lady Gaga 3 song pack up yet? I'm checking the Marketplace on my computer and all I see are the individual tracks.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
A new Lips game got announced:

Sing Together at the Top of Your Lungs with Singing Favorites in “Lips™: Party Classics”

The newest “Lips” will bring everyone together with irresistible favorites from Tiffany to the Village People, while December’s soul classics and holiday tunes warm up your holidays

Who needs the lyrics? You know them by heart; everyone knows them by heart … more or less. They are the songs that get us out of our seats and into the moment, they get the party started. Microsoft Game Studios and iNiS will capture the magic of these songs in “Lips: Party Classics,” the newest title to join the “Lips” singing sensation exclusive to Xbox 360. Available worldwide in spring 2010, “Lips: Party Classics” will let party goers experience their favorite tunes from their beloved karaoke venues right in their own living rooms.

Let the festivities commence with the wide selection of 40 peppy, festive, dramatic and exhilarating songs included in “Lips: Party Classics.” These are the songs you love to sing even if the singing itself is so bad it’s good – these tunes will unite friends and family with fun and spontaneity. Just a glimpse of the full song list includes favorites such as:

· “Love Shack” by The B-52's
· “Tubthumping” by Chumbawamba
· “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
· “Rock And Roll All Nite” by KISS
· “Wannabe” by Spice Girls
· “I Think We’re Alone Now” by Tiffany
· “Y.M.C.A.” by Village People

Lips Jukebox extends the “Lips” fun

Right now, make your Facebook photos sing with the new Lips Jukebox. Available now for free at www.xbox.com/lipsjukebox , this easy-to-use online tool puts a pair of singing lips on your photos transforming them into a mini music video starring you and your best friends and family. Choose from classic tracks such as “Barbie Girl” by Aqua or “Love Fool” by The Cardigans.

“Lips” December Game Add-ons bring the holiday cheer

For those not-so-silent nights, invite your loved ones over and give them the gift of song with “Papa Was A Rollin’ Stone” by The Temptations, “Right Round” by Flo Rida, “Think” by Aretha Franklin, “Blister In The Sun” by Violent Femmes and more.

Then while you’re stringing up your garlands, don’t forget to add a variety of great holiday tunes including “White Christmas” by Bing Crosby, “Santa Baby” by Kylie Minogue and “Hanukkah Blessings” by Barenaked Ladies to your “Lips” collection that are sure to light up your nights with fun! For the full list of December Game Add-ons and festive songs, please visit www.xbox.com/lips.

“Lips” songs for everyone

Following the fall releases of “Lips: Number One Hits” worldwide, and “Lips: Deutsche Partyknaller” and “Lips: Canta En Español” in select regions, the “Lips” library is as diverse as the imagination, so that everyone can find the perfect songs to perform. These new titles coupled with the original “Lips” and the extensive library of “Lips” Game Add-on songs available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and the in-game Get Music Store, are sure to keep the singing going until dawn.

Avatar and Xbox LIVE features add personal touches the singing experience with Avatar integration and Avatar Awards that allow singers to perform as their virtual selves in the game. With “Lips: Party Classics,” players can earn fashionable Avatar Accessories through in-game accomplishments to customize their wardrobe and flaunt their unique style to friends on Xbox LIVE. More information on “Lips” is available at www.xbox.com/lips.

4159135663_b030f41401_o.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Available now!

* Andy Williams - It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
* Burl Ives - A Holly Jolly Christmas
* Barenaked Ladies - Hanukkah Blessings
* Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
* Elvis - Blue Christmas
* Gene Autry - Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
* Kylie Minogue - Santa Baby
* Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You)
* Sister Hazel - The Dreidel Song
* Bing Crosby - White Christmas

Available today, 12/4/09:

* The Temptations - Ain't Too Proud To Beg
* The Temptations - My Girl
* The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
* The Temptations song pack, featuring all 3 songs!
* Margaret Whiting and Johnny Mercer - Baby, It's Cold Outside

Available 12/11/09:

* Heart - Alone
* Paula Cole - I Don't Want To Wait
* They Might Be Giants - Istanbul (Not Constantinople)

Available 12/18/09:

* Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl
* Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract
* Paula Abdul - Rush Rush
* Paula Abdul song pack, featuring all 3 songs!

Available 12/25/09:

* Violent Femmes - Blister In The Sun
* Måns Zelmerlöw - Cara Mia (Only available in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
* Måns Zelmerlöw - Hope & Glory (Only available in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
* Flo Rida - Right Round
* Arethra Franklin - Think

1up

Buying Lips #1 Hits for my fiance for Christmas. She's going through a crazy Lady Gaga phase right now. I'm just glad I finally have a reason to get that wireless mic for Rockband! :D

Sorry if this has been answered before, but is the DLC compatible for all Lips games? Like if I get Lips #1 Hits, I can use all the DLC that's been released?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Sorry if this has been answered before, but is the DLC compatible for all Lips games? Like if I get Lips #1 Hits, I can use all the DLC that's been released?
Yes, but if you just get #1 Hits then you will not be able to get the full 1250, as it doesn't have Get Music. I think there's a total of 3 achievements you'll be missing.

cjelly said:
Yes, but if you just get #1 Hits then you will not be able to get the full 1250, as it doesn't have Get Music. I think there's a total of 3 achievements you'll be missing.
Aw. Well, I'd love to be able to find the original, but I don't want to spend $70 for the game. =/

komarkaze

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Aw. Well, I'd love to be able to find the original, but I don't want to spend $70 for the game. =/

Try Kmart or Toys R Us for the first Lips game. My local Kmart still has one in stock for $49 w/ 2 mics.

komarkaze

Reposted from another thread:

XBLM Deal of the Week
Week of December 14th:
Lips: Coldplay Track Pack for 240 Microsoft Points

Does anyone know whether they fixed the issue of In My Place not working for #1 Hits?

komarkaze

Anyone feel like doing song challenges? I have both Lips discs and a handful of DLC to choose from. If no one has another suggestion, we can score challenge to Apologize. My GT is komakaze.

Kafel

Banned
Hey there, just bought the first Lips with 2 mics (same price than the #1 Hits pack but I like the playlist of the original better).

So a few questions for you guys (thx) :

- can I subscribe to a newsletter or something to be updated about the new downloadable songs ? (thanks to those who post them here by the way)
- my gf is at home with her old ipod video, can we sing on her songs ? I know we won't have the videos and all but is it still good ? I have an ipod Touch myself, will it work as well ?

Anything I need to know before launching the disc ? I've just bought like 40 € of songs on the Live, it's downloading right now.

soco

i can use my ipod, but i think i remember hearing that the touch's don't work. not sure if tha was ever fixed or not.

the importing song thing only kind of works. you don't get lyrics or videos and it just guesses at whether you're right or not.

Kafel

Banned
Thank you. We have to know the lyrics by heart then.

There aren't much new songs on the marketplace compared to Rock Band, it would be nice if like MS and iNiS used the XNA tools to make a Lips Network as well.

Kafel

Banned
Is it possible to install the game on the hard drive ? I can't find this option.

edit : found it. Weird it wasn't visible the first time.

parasight

Looks like they released a Miracles 3-Pack yesterday.

The Tracks of My Tears
Love Machine (Part 1)
I Second That Emotion

Really, really, really happy about Tracks of My Tears as I've been hooked to that song lately and have been hoping it would show up in Lips soon. Love Machine is a disco classic. The other choice isn't as good though IMO. They should've went with Ooh Baby, Baby, You Really Got a Hold On Me, The Tears of a Clown, Who's Loving You or Shop Around.

radeonxt

does anyone know what song packs are available to download from the 5song free track pack included in #1 hits? thanks!

radeonxt said:
does anyone know what song packs are available to download from the 5song free track pack included in #1 hits? thanks!

“Lips” House Party

* LL Cool J – Going Back To Cali
* Bobby Brown – My Prerogative
* Janet Jackson – Nasty
* Paula Abdul – Straight Up
* Montell Jordan – This Is How We Do It

“Lips” Hearts and Heartbreak Tour

* James Blunt – 1973
* Daniel Powter – Bad Day
* Robbie Williams – Eternity
* Daniel Bedingfield – If You’re Not the One
* Jewel – You Were Meant For Me

“Lips” Turn It Up to 11 Tour

* 30 Seconds to Mars – From Yesterday
* Coldplay – Lost!
* Nickelback – Photograph
* Hoobastank – The Reason
* My Chemical Romance – Welcome to the Black Parade

Also, looks like Lips: Party Classics is ready, as achievements for them has been spotted:
http://www.trueachievements.com/dlc.aspx?dlcid=203

Two Cool (30)
Get "Cool" in every page for a song in Co-op mode

Bang Bang! (30)
Earn a Big Bang rating in Co-op mode

Party Monster (30)
Score points in all 40 Lips Party Classics songs

Party Animal (20)
Score points in 20 or more Lips Party Classics songs

Party Starter (20)
Score points in 10 or more Lips Party Classics songs

Recording Artist (20)
Record and view three songs with Performance Recording

Got My Style (30)
Sing 10 songs in Freestyle

Let's Get it STAR-ted (40)
Gain 200,000 total stars

Heavy Medal (30)
Earn 1,500 total medals

Kafel

Banned
15th
#Ring My Bell - Anita Ward
# Soul Meets Body - Death Cab For Cutie
# Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett

22nd
# Little Lies - Fleetwood Mac
# Tripping - Robbie Williams
# Ordinary Day - Vanessa Carlton

29th
# Carnival - The Cardigans
# My Favourite Game - The Cardigans
# Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless) - Crystal Waters

DCFC !!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Party Classics full track list:

What’s Up - 4 Non Blondes
Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
Rehab - Amy Winehouse
Doctor Jones - Aqua
Love Shack - The B-52's
l.et’s Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas
Word Up - Cameo
Tubthumping - Chumbawamba
Rhythm of the Night - DeBarge
Groove Is In The Heart - Deee-Lite
I Touch Myself - Divinyls
American Pie - Don Mclean
Son Of A Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner
I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
Laid - James
You’re Beautiful - James Blunt
Rock and Roll All Nite - KISS
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
To Be With You - Mr. Big
These Boots Are Made For Walking - Nancy Sinatra
True Faith - New Order
Live Is Life - Opus
When A Man Loves A Woman - Percy Sledge
Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison
Brass in Pocket - The Pretenders
Shiny Happy People - R.E.M
I’m Too Sexy - Right Said Fred
Addicted To Love - Robert Palmer
Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer
Wannabe - The Spice Girls
Friday I’m In Love - The Cure
My Sharona - The Knack
Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers
I Think We're Alone Now - Tiffany
It’s Not Unusual - Tom Jones
Red Red Wine - UB40
Y.M.C.A. - Village People
Is This Love - Whitesnake

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
cjelly said:
Party Classics full track list:
umm.. shit... that's a good list. come on SCEA... step up your game for Singstar already!!!!! don't have any Lips titles yet, but if they keep up releases like this in the US I may have to jump ship.

komarkaze

I think I like the Classic hits tracklist better than #1 Hits. A lot of these songs, I purchased on my cousin's Singstar so it's something I can get behind. Hopefully they sell a disk-only SKU that is cheaper.

Great... that's got enough of my GF's favs to warrent her into badgering me into buying this new one too.

No doubt it'll still have the same shitty "disc swap" method :(

lolmark said:
Oh word... More Cardigans songs. :D
Hi 5.

However, I feel ripped off, given that Erase/Rewind was available separately before. Should have been 3 new songs, instead of tossing an old one in.

Looks at the new list. DAMN. One more game next month.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
AlphaTwo00 said:
Looks at the new list. DAMN. One more game next month.
Are you in the US? I see US people always moaning about Lips, how each new game is just an expansion. Can you not just buy the games on their own over there?

Here in the UK it's not too bad -- stores sell #1 Hits and will sell Party Classics for about £15-£18 (normal games are about £40, so it's half price), so I don't really mind that each one is essentially a new bunch of tracks.

I see lots of people moaning that MS have done this to the game. So long as my library gets bigger and I've got ways to play all the songs on discs and DLC, then I'm happy. The fact that the new releases are so cheap means I don't think people can complain about much, to be honest.

Portalbox

PC's tracklist is probably the best we've seen so far in the Lips series. Can't wait to see what February brings so I can bear the wait :D

cjelly said:
Are you in the US? I see US people always moaning about Lips, how each new game is just an expansion. Can you not just buy the games on their own over there?

Here in the UK it's not too bad -- stores sell #1 Hits and will sell Party Classics for about £15-£18 (normal games are about £40, so it's half price), so I don't really mind that each one is essentially a new bunch of tracks.

I see lots of people moaning that MS have done this to the game. So long as my library gets bigger and I've got ways to play all the songs on discs and DLC, then I'm happy. The fact that the new releases are so cheap means I don't think people can complain about much, to be honest.
I mean, damn, another game that I didn't expect to buy, and now suddenly on my list. :lol

I don't know about the US, but in Canada, #1 Hits have been either at "expansion prices" of $39.99, up to treating it as a separate full game of $59.99.

My main beef (minor on at that) is that somehow MS should offer the option to just install and stuff. That, or disable showing what songs you can have, but need to swap disk. It's a pain in the ass to explain to someone: "yes, I have that track, but we would need to switch disk in between". Either show it, and be playable right away, or don't show it at all.

I never knew there was an official thread for this. I bought my original copy of Lips for $40 bucks cause it came with the two wireless microphones and I needed them for Beatles Rock Band but I had a party a while back and decided to hook up lips and have people just try out Karaoke out.

This game was a huge... HUGE hit. People were getting drunk, all singing together and actually fighting over who got to sing next. I was really surprised... I actually had to kick people out at the end of the night and had one drunk girl keep screaming at me "ONE MORE SONG!!!". But, while I was in the other room, they drained my point accounts buying new songs :(

I'm looking for a cheap version of the #1 hits.

Top Bottom