• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outrun2 secrets - "fans will be will be very, very, pleased"

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200408/007.asp

You may even recall the news that there will be Xbox-exclusive tracks from our exclusive AM2 interview, in which the studio's design director Makoto Osaki hinted, "you may be surprised!"

The good news is that we've now played these mythical new Xbox courses. The bad news is we're not allowed to say what these new courses are just yet. Other than that they're currently called Bonus 1 and Bonus 2. But, we can tell you that fans of the Excitement Company will be very, very, pleased indeed.

and...

There's one extra detail we're dying to tell you about a certain somebody involved with a certain aspect of the game, but if we said any more than that, it would totally give it away. Expect to hear more on this, and learn about the new courses within the next month or so.

also...

In the meantime, we snagged a whole load of direct feed video of the game's astonighingly flawless Arcade Mode

Any ideas?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
why hasnt this thread gotten any replies?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Kyoto...could it be...*gulp*....Daytona/Super GT courses?

Please say yes!

Deku Tree

I hope Outrun 2 for xbox has alot of extra courses...

I have a feeling that just the arcade tracks would make xbox console gamers, who are used to say PGR2, feel like Outrun 2 was incredibly short.

Omeyocan

We will need to share our gamertags for this one dudes. OutRun 2 is going to be my favorite racing game of all time and therefore that's going to be the only game I will play on my XBox. Just imagine 8 players racing at the same time !!!!!!! Hope it will support the custom soundtrack.

BeOnEdge

Banned
sega is too stupid to put courses from their other famous racers in the game. i'd think the original outrun with redone gfx and outrunners with redone gfx. what would be cool as hell is if its the original 2d outrun, somehow do trasitions between 3d and 2d at course splits. kinda like jumping back and fourth thru time. Fzero??? LOLOLOLOL. you'd fall off the course every 3 seconds. i wouldnt mind seeing the original arcade HORNET as a selectable car.

doncale

Banned
Bonus #1
Daytona USA Arcade courses: 777 Speedway, Dino Canyon, Seaside Street Galaxy

Bonus #2
Daytona USA 2: Battle on the Edge Courses, Daytona USA 2: Power Edition courses.
including Dome!

OR Super GT/Scud Race, and Scud Race Plus courses.

wishful thinking <sigh!>

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i don't think circuit courses from daytona or super gt would make sense. they're too different from outrun's core game, and would probably require different driving mechanics in order to be playable.

i'm guessing remakes of the courses from outrun and outrunners. which would be AWESOME. although they'd really need to put traffic on the outrunners tracks.

drohne said:
i don't think circuit courses from daytona or super gt would make sense. they're too different from outrun's core game, and would probably require different driving mechanics in order to be playable.

i'm guessing remakes of the courses from outrun and outrunners. which would be AWESOME. although they'd really need to put traffic on the outrunners tracks.

I think people are thinking more Outrun style courses but with Daytona decal. The most obvious example would be having the course go by a Sonic mountain, and maybe for that stage all the traffic would be Daytona cars.

nitewulf

green hill zone is a good guess. i'd agree it'd be something sega fans would recognize and go with the outrun theme, as one track changes into another and are all sorta colorful etc.
i'd love the night city track from hang-on though...that would kick ass.
this game cant come soon enough for me.

GhaleonEB

Well, from the 'a certain somebody' line, I'm leaning towards Sonic as a playable character, with rings to collect. You already collect hearts in the game, so it's not a stretch.

Ranger X

Expect ONE stage from Outrun and ONE stage from Outrunners.... Sega ain't all that good for their fan you remember? (Sonic Mega Collection + without Sonic CD anyone?)

Wyzdom said:
Expect ONE stage from Outrun and ONE stage from Outrunners.... Sega ain't all that good for their fan you remember? (Sonic Mega Collection + without Sonic CD anyone?)

But this is not being made by the people who brought you those disappointments, it's made by Sega Europe in conjunction with Sumo who are pretty fresh actually.

isamu

According to a certain admin on OA, one of the courses is an updated version of a future course from OutRun 2019. She swears she has the goods on that.

Ranger X

Anyhow, Outrun2 in a really good arcade racer and i hope they will boost it enough so it will become a great "home console arcade style racer".
I have high expectations for this port.

Shinobi

m0dus said:
Ahem,

"DO DO-DO DO-DO DO-DO DO DOO-DOOOOOOO . . ."

20001004l.jpg

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I love Daytona's music, but that comic always cracks me up.

isamu said:
According to a certain admin on OA, one of the courses is an updated version of a future course from OutRun 2019. She swears she has the goods on that.

lol.gif
That game wasn't even called OutRun 2019 in Japan...they just gave it that name in the US so it could sell a couple hundred more units.

Anyway, I've said all along that the game needs extra courses for the game to be regarded in a positive way. And I think the OutRun and OutRunners maps would do the job just fine. I wouldn't mind seeing the super course from Daytona 2: Power Edition as an extra bonus (the three courses from Daytona 2 linked together), but that's probably a bit unrealistic.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Meh. Let me unlock Turbo Outrun and I'll be a happy camper.

(WTF? Custom soundtracks? Fucking heathens. You don't play Outrun 2 listening to anything but the original music and driving the God damned Testarossa at least 75% of the time.)

/keeps it old school

Shinobi

Oh yeah, I think it'd be cool as hell if the secret person was Michael Schumacher...perhaps be able to race him in the game in a couple F1 cars, or perhaps try and match his times and post them online or whatever.

It'd be neat if the game had some Ferrari featurettes as well...a couple videos on their general and racing history, photos and small videos showing all their cars, maybe a small virtual tour of their Maranello headquarters. Stuff like that would really appeal to Ferrari enthusiasts.

Ranger X

xsarien said:

(WTF? Custom soundtracks? Fucking heathens. You don't play Outrun 2 listening to anything but the original music and driving the God damned Testarossa at least 75% of the time.)

/keeps it old school

Shit man, didn't thought about that.... TURBO OUTRUN -------- GIMME!!!!!!!!!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
what about that Sega racer where you had a Sonic doll on your rear view mirror? That game kicked ass. I want that ported to Xbox Live.

bjork

StoOgE said:
what about that Sega racer where you had a Sonic doll on your rear view mirror? That game kicked ass. I want that ported to Xbox Live.

Rad Mobile.

I agree, seeing this on Live or something would rule.

eso76

8bit said:
Richard Jacques.

Jacques is not a bad guy, don't get me wrong.

But the idea of having him take care of O2 music is like offering titus to develop the next zelda.

Dammit, outrun has the best soundtrack ever, never let jacques touch it.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
xsarien said:

/keeps it old school
Shit, I remember this game.
It was at the Arcade booth at the CNE, the year the Genesis and TG16 were about to come out. I played many a game on the full sized cabinet. :swoon

Takosuke

drohne said:

+1

BeOnEdge

Banned
why should we believe you? and unless they are arcade perfect daytona tracks, sega can suck it. i dont wanna see any dreamcast BS daytona. hmmmm...ur post #41, what a coincidence!!! :)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
boutrosinit said:
Daytona tracks ARE the bonus tracks. And 8 player VS play online.

*Wanks cock*

I cannot believe this is true until there is concrete evidence...must not get excited....must not get excited....must not get excited...

segasonic

eso76 said:
Jacques is not a bad guy, don't get me wrong.

But the idea of having him take care of O2 music is like offering titus to develop the next zelda.

Dammit, outrun has the best soundtrack ever, never let jacques touch it.
What? jacques is awesome. Did you ever hear the Headhunter soundtrack?

Comparing him to Titus? WTF?

eso76

segasonic said:
What? jacques is awesome. Did you ever hear the Headhunter soundtrack?

Comparing him to Titus? WTF?

Not really,
just saying the guy who composed the music for the first outrun is to jacques what nintendo is to titus.
Which is not to say jacques is bad in its own (well, i didn't like msr soundtrack at all) i'm just saying outrun soundtrack is maybe the most memorable, fitting, well composed soundtrack ever and every other composer gets titused in comparison.

Well, EXCEPT for Tim Follin.

By the way, I don't remember the name of the guy who did outrun's soundtrack, however i remember researching a lot on him a few years ago, and not being able to find whether or not he has worked on other games or composed other songs...
Anyone knows ?

Shinobi

The question is, which Daytona tracks? Original only? CE's as well? DC's as well? Or Daytona 2's as well?

These are the questions...we need the answers.

If this is true of course.

doncale

Banned
I refuse to get excited about Daytona tracks in OutRun2 because you know how many times our chains have been yanked over things of this nature. remember HoTD1 locked within HoTD2 DC? remember Daytona USA 2 coming to DC?

that said, if by some miracle Daytona tracks are in OutRun2, I would hope for arcade only tracks. that is, from Model 2 Arcade Daytona USA, Daytona USA 2 BotE, PE.

not DC Daytona tracks or CCE tracks.

Shinobi

Well if they included those as well that wouldn't bother me. But yeah, I want Daytona 2's expert track at the very least, along with that sweet combo track from Power Edition.

Raxel

I want the Daytona USA 2 tracks! I love the waterfall/greenhouse 777 speedway...version. I dont know what the hell it is, but it looks great.

Top Bottom