• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales

Banned
You mean logically or mechanically? Junkrat's mine is meant to also be a device for movement. Pharah's self rocket damage is meant to dissuade sloppy close encounters because it's her main weapon. You can "rocketjump" with her E in any case.

Are you actually using your rockets to jump, Quake style? Cuz that's not how you do that. She has an ability that launches her into the air, and can use concussive blast in a pinch.

oh, ofc I know she can launch herself in the air. But when I heard people say "rocket jump" with pharah I excepted them to do it quake/tf2 style, I didn't know they meant it as pressing the E button!

Any word on ultrawide support? Really disappointing I have to play 16:9 with black bars.

Since they want this game to be e-sports material there likely isn't going to be ultra wide screen support. it would give those with 21:9 monitors an advantage. If they do add it I'd imagine they'd limit the player field of view to compensate and that sucks.

marrec

Banned
Mei might be my main so far. Her ice walls can really save a team wheb overwhelmed with gunfire, her freezing is a little op, nice ice shots and she can heal herself. Was not expecting her to be this good!

Mei is secretly the most OP hero in the game

That's why she's bae

MUnited83

For you.
you can also rocket jump with Bastion's ult. If people think he is broken now, wait until more learn that. Godlike shit, a mobile Bastion.
Yeah, i knew about Bastion. Just feel a bit dumb since it completely changes how to play him and I only figured it out now :p
It's one of his best utilities. if you use detonate instantly after throwing you can get yourself out of the range of close range chars like winston and mei.

Yeah, it's a whole different character after figuring this out.

Haines

Banned
Hes such a great defensive character. He can lock down objectives real easy, or make chokepoints a real meatgrinder between his bombs and the traps. And he's got high mobility mine that lets him escape situations, get a lot of mobility, or even just push enemies away from you.

I think he's top 3 in the game, along with McCree and Genji

Oh nice so you play him on the more defensive side of objectives maybe.

Sounds fantastic. Can't wait to try him now!

You'd think "Finding players" or empty matches would be the least of the game's problems.

This is getting annoying, have to back out every single time or otherwise it's endless skirmish.

XDYhWAu.png

Thanks to this thread I was informed of this option <3

depward

Wasn't able to play the beta.

Watching streams: is this CoD-level twitch?

Because I can't really do Twitch games anymore.

But I do like MOBAs and cooperative competitive gaming.

TheYanger

blizzard needs to realize that "waiting" for players and "skirmishes" are the same thing and have the option actually not put me in either

But they're not remotely the same thing. Waiting for players means it needs a person or two to fill a game, barring a couple more leaving. It's not going to move youfrom there to another lobby, it is going to fill that lobby. If you're leaving those games you're part of the problem, they fill quickly otherwise. Skirmishes are ACTUALLY just you being in the queue not being matched at all.

Some heroes are. Some not so much. Mei, Winston, bastion, d.va and symmetra aren't particularly twitch at all. Tracer is pretty twitchy. Widowmaker's all about getting those pixel perfect headshots. You can pick to match your playstyle and ability.

What does this option do?

Prevent you from getting slotted into a skirmish while you wait in queue.

Okay, can somebody tell me if there is a way to LEAVE AS A GROUP? Every time I leave a game as group leader I get disconnected from my group too. Am I missing something? Or is this just stupid design?

KyleCross

PS4 is trying to download the patch but instead of downloading it's "preparing to download" and it's taking forever. Guess the file is getting hammered on Sony's servers?

creatchee

You can teleport on top of Bastion as Reaper and two shot him.
If you're not killed while the teleport is casting, as you must be in line of sight to do this.

Genji's reflect lasts more than long enough to reflect and kill Bastion.
If you can get close enough before you're sawed in half by the bullet hell.

Roadhog can rip him out of turret mode.

Junkrat can lob three explosives out of line of sight and kill Bastion.
If you have really good aim and absolutely nobody else has noticed you're on the battlefield.

Reinhardt can charge into him while he reloads.
If you can get close enough before he breaks your shield in three or four seconds and you're sawed in half by the bullet hell.

Widowmaker can sit out of Bastion's effective range two shot him.
In 99% of all situations on the maps in this game, this will not be applicable.

Hanzo can one shot him in a corner with splintering arrow.
If you're lucky and he happens to be in a corner.

The list goes on and on.
But the list doesn't really disprove anything.

He needs to either do less damage per shot, have greatly reduced accuracy at range like just about every other turret in just about every other game ever, have a 180 or 270 degree rotation range of his turret, or have a longer reload/smaller clip.

jacobs34

Getting off for the night, but man has the my love not died down a bit for this game. Just switching between characters tonight was a blast. I played Hanzo for the first time and his scatter shot and ult are just about the easiest way to get kills in this game.

My favorite characters are still Junkrat and Winston, but it feels good to give the rest of the cast more play time. Still haven't gotten any legendary loot, but hopefully by the end of week one I'll be able to buy whatever I want.

Any tips with how to use the guy with the dreads? I'm not understanding he's mechanics.

Lucio?

He has a song that broadcasts a constant buff to everyone around him. There's an indicator at the center of the screen showing how many people currently affected by your song. You can switch between two songs, one slowly heals, and the other is a speed boost. You can also increase the power of the current song with an ability. His primary fire is a three round burst, and his alt fire is a short range knockback with a cooldown. His ult gives a shield to all nearby allies, with a lot of durability, but that rapidly deteriorates.

If you're not killed while the teleport is casting, as you must be in line of sight to do this.

If you have really good aim and absolutely nobody else has noticed you're on the battlefield.

If you can get close enough before he breaks your shield in three or four seconds and you're sawed in half by the bullet hell.

In 99% of all situations on the maps in this game, this will not be applicable.

If you're lucky and he happens to be in a corner.

But the list doesn't really disprove anything.

He needs to either do less damage per shot, have greatly reduced accuracy at range like just about every other turret in just about every other game ever, have a 180 or 270 degree rotation range of his turret, or have a longer reload/smaller clip.

What do you mean get close enough, with the genji thing. You don't need to be close as genji to kill bastion with the deflect. You can kill him clear cross the god damn map, if he's shooting at you.

The rest of this stuff is... subjective. It's not as black and white as they or you make it. Bastion is strong, but he's not a god, and his skill cap is pretty low. As people get better at the game, bastion will get weaker in comparison. He's already not particularly great in a game full of good players.

Apathy

Junkrat at is the fucking best. Just hurl grenades at everyone and anything. Throw a spike trap on the ground with a mine next to it and detonate when triggered for an easy kill. Use mines to launch yourself across the map to get to the objective from the spawn. Throw mines at enemies and detonate instantly when it looks like you're about to lose a gunfight.

Junkrat is life man

Best, only thing missing is actually getting rewarded for direct hit. Shotgun instant kill, arrow anywhere game thinks its a headshot instant kill. Grenade to the face of a moving target, 120. Fuck that noise.

To prevent just lobs from getting extra damage, a grenade at close range should do 200hp since you already risk taking self damage, something shotguns dont

I played alot of TF2 so I thought this game would be like putting on an old glove, but I can't hit the broad side of a barn right now. It also sucks not really knowing maps or sentry locations.

I really miss hitsounds. I need a satisfying amount of feedback on my hits to really aim properly nowadays.

RAWRferal

Who do I pm to get my name on the Google doc?

Just edit it your details in and save it.

Different levels of twitch required for different characters. There's truly a play style for everyone which is why I'm sure this game will be a huge hit.

Lucio?

He has a song that broadcasts a constant buff to everyone around him. There's an indicator at the center of the screen showing how many people currently affected by your song. You can switch between two songs, one slowly heals, and the other is a speed boost. You can also increase the power of the current song with an ability. His primary fire is a three round burst, and his alt fire is a short range knockback with a cooldown. His ult gives a shield to all nearby allies, with a lot of durability, but that rapidly deteriorates.
Wow, thanks! I might try him out again.

megalowho

I didn't get into Team Fortress 2 but I couldn't put this down tonight. Fun classes, striking presentation and a strong sense of progression. When it gets chaotic the chaos is readable. Such a well designed game.

Seiru

Banned
Wow, I don't know why I never played Genji during the beta. He's so fun. Nobody knows about his reflect yet either, so I've sniped like four Widowmakers in the head so far with their own bullets.

how 2 beat bastion

step 1. pick Genji
step 2. wait until he shoots at you
step 3. right click
step 4. wow bastion just died

It's "E", not right click

Didnt play the beta but am interested. Is the game worth getting if you play solo? I have few friends who will play this and probably not many chances to play together.

The OT mentions an XP boost for playing with friends and I worry about always lagging behind if I go at this on my own.

ExVicis

Bastion is fine. As Hooker Fats I have never not been able to kill him. He's a goddamn stationary target. Easiest Hooking you can do in the game and it knocks him right out of turret mode. Bastion is absolutely fine.

Mei though...she needs a nerf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom