• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily reminder that Mei is overpowered as fuck and needs to be nerfed.
She's hardly overpowered. She's just annoying as hell, whether she's on my team or the opponent's team.

My favorite today was playing against the idiotic Mei who kept throwing up that stupid wall everywhere. One time, the wall went under a Reaper (on her team!) right as they started their Ult. If I was that Reaper, I would have wanted to kill her.

sooo anyone know why playing as hanzo makes enemy hitboxes so large? is it because he shoots arrows and it'd be difficult otherwise? aka... the point?

he's the only person where probably 80% of the time i wasn't actually hit by his arrow or where he was aiming. all other characters i can see i'm actually being hit. it's not a latency thing

i don't understand. i'm imagining how bullshit widowmaker would be if she behaved the same way

If Hanzo's arrow hitbox wasn't as big as it is there'd be no reason to pick him instead of Widowmaker. It seems to bother a lot of people, but it's for balance purposes.

Xeteh

sooo anyone know why playing as hanzo makes enemy hitboxes so large? is it because he shoots arrows and it'd be difficult otherwise? aka... the point?

he's the only person where probably 80% of the time i wasn't actually hit by his arrow or where he was aiming. all other characters i can see i'm actually being hit. it's not a latency thing

i don't understand. i'm imagining how bullshit widowmaker would be if she behaved the same way

Because his arrows aren't hitscan. They have a bigger hitbox than you'd expect but Widowmaker's rifle is hitscan so she gets smaller hitboxes. Hanzo's arrows have travel time and drop, Widowmaker shoots where she points. If Hanzo had smaller hitboxes on his arrows he'd probably be garbage.

Ambient80

She's hardly overpowered. She's just annoying as hell, whether she's on my team or the opponent's team.

My favorite today was playing against the idiotic Mei who kept throwing up that stupid wall everywhere. One time, the wall went under a Reaper (on her team!) right as they started their Ult. If I was that Reaper, I would have wanted to kill her.

Hahaha that's annoying but funny as hell too XD

pigeon

Banned
how do you counter mei ? so annoying to play against

Kite back. Mei's ice projectile has a significant firing delay and a lot of falloff.

Mei is a much, much stronger Pyro. But she's still a Pyro. Stand back and shoot. If she puts up a wall at close range don't be dumb and run into melee with her to get around it.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Ok changed my mind really liking this game now, must have just been in shit games to start with.

Lucio is my man, love everything about him and help that no one else picks a healer lol. Last few games actually had people sick together for the most part and let my healing shine.

Also got gold frog skin and a highlight reel thing for him.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Really wish there was more personality to the maps and music.

Currently the biggest hiccup for me as despite nearly 7 hours played last night, I couldn't tell you a single defining feature about damn near ANY of the maps, and some of the music I found actually grating(main menu especially!)

suzu

I like playing support, but it sucks when your team runs off in all directions while ignoring the objective (and you). lol

vypek

It really sucks when people don't back up the support heroes. Only Zenyatta has great offense capabilities and the rest aren't great in a lot of one on one battles.

Help out your support characters!

I like playing support, but it sucks when your team runs off in all directions while ignoring the objective. lol

yep

valeo

Really wish there was more personality to the maps and music.

Currently the biggest hiccup for me as despite nearly 7 hours played last night, I couldn't tell you a single defining feature about damn near ANY of the maps, and some of the music I found actually grating(main menu especially!)

Agree, actually. The maps are very boring. As you say, no defining features really.

Apathy

It really sucks when people don't back up the support heroes. Only Zenyatta has great offense capabilities and the rest aren't great in a lot of one on one battles.

Help out your support characters!

yep

Lucio holds his own. So does Sym. Only Mercy is the one that needs to be protected

pigeon

Banned
On consideration, the nerf I would give McCree would be nerfing his combat roll cooldown and removing reload cancel. The whole point of a revolver is that you have limited ammunition, having to reload should be a major issue he has to manage to be effective.

yeb

You know all those down-to-the-wire 99 percent overtime games?

Winston wins those free, defense or offense.
I played a match in arcade mode where we absolutely could not stop the payload from advancing, because we just couldn't kill people fast enough, thanks to all the short cooldown defensive abilities.

When it was a couple (uncontested) seconds from the finish, I switched to Winston. They literally could not kill me, every time I got low I'd have his ult ready for free healing. After contesting the payload for 5 minutes straight, our Bastion finally picked off a few and we won.

vypek

Lucio holds his own. So does Sym. Only Mercy is the one that needs to be protected

They can hold their own sometimes but are easily counter picked. When I wrote they weren't great I meant that I don't think they are amazing for taking on most characters. I guess I could have made that more clear. I don't mean straight protection like they need someone at all times but more stick with the person helping/healing you.

I just think its odd when your teammates run away from their support who is helping them out and ditch you to take out enemies on your own. I actually like Mercy's offensive ability more than Sym though.

Gonna keep using Lucio though. I'm more hesitant to switch off of him to counter pick others when we would be left with no support.

Maximo

I feel like im having a harder time then the Open Beta, games feel harder to win with people of better skill suddenly jumping in the fray, expected the opposite, might just be my luck.

The Flash

Banned
Pharrah is fuckkng awesome.

image.php

Sifl

Certain maps seem really terrible for the attacking teams. Don't know the name but it's a nighttime map, a Mei on my team kept ice walling the main exit of their base and the turret guy just put turrets near the side exits while the remaining people covered the side exits and the main exit. I honestly felt bad.

TaterTots

Banned
I just finished a game where everyone told me to fuck off because they thought Bastion is cheap and didn't wanna play him lol. Needless to say we lost because no one wanted to change characters. That is the biggest downfall of this game. People are doing the whole, "this is my main" situation. No quicker way to lose than that.

vypek

I just finished a game where everyone told me to fuck off because they thought Bastion is cheap and didn't wanna play him lol. Needless to say we lost because no one wanted to change characters. That is the biggest downfall of this game. People are doing the whole, "this is my main" situation. No quicker way to lose than that.

Most of the teams I have seen are like this. Had someone on the opponents team just stick to sniping. They probably have a high K/D but I they didn't really stop us with the objective.

So I have had two really fun matches today.

The first was when I noticed three D.Va on my team so I switched as well, leading to everyone on the team running D. Va. We were doing well on payload until we found three Mei on the opposing team.

The second match, I single handedly held the payload on lockdown for about 11 minutes as Mei for the win. They really need to increase her cooldowns.

SDCowboy

I like playing support, but it sucks when your team runs off in all directions while ignoring the objective (and you). lol

This is a huge issue, regardless of class. Groups not sticking together. Too many times in PUGs, people are just running all over doing their own thing instead of sticking together and helping each other.

nOoblet16

Because his arrows aren't hitscan. They have a bigger hitbox than you'd expect but Widowmaker's rifle is hitscan so she gets smaller hitboxes. Hanzo's arrows have travel time and drop, Widowmaker shoots where she points. If Hanzo had smaller hitboxes on his arrows he'd probably be garbage.

Genji's shurikens aren't hitscan and while they don't have a drop they also take awfully long time to fire compared to Hanzo's arrow.

The game is more generous than necessary towards Hanzo's arrow considering how much damage he can do purely just from random bodyshots towards smaller characters, so many Hanzo players just blind fire multiple arrows towards anywhere the see a group without even aiming, then you have scatter arrows with the specialty that you have to aim even less :p

MattyG

Banned
Heh, from the Overwatch sub-Reddit:
And, in turn, Reinhardt users SHOULDN'T WIGGLE BACK AND FORTH AND FORWARD AND BACKWARDS JUST TO MOVE. I was standing behind one earlier and am trying to line up a shot while he moves a foot right and then a foot left, and then a foot forward and a foot back, uncovering me and recovering me over and over again.

Ferrio

Banned
Genji's shurikens aren't hitscan and while they don't have a drop they also take awfully long time to fire compared to Hanzo's arrow.

The game is more generous than necessary towards Hanzo's arrow considering how much damage he can do purely just from random bodyshots towards smaller characters where the Hanzo player just fires an arrow towards a group of enemy repeatedly.

Genji isn't a sniper whose main job is to do long range shots.

I played a match in arcade mode where we absolutely could not stop the payload from advancing, because we just couldn't kill people fast enough, thanks to all the short cooldown defensive abilities.

When it was a couple (uncontested) seconds from the finish, I switched to Winston. They literally could not kill me, every time I got low I'd have his ult ready for free healing. After contesting the payload for 5 minutes straight, our Bastion finally picked off a few and we won.
This, right here is why Winston is great. He is the perfect hero for contesting objectives. Just put the shield up and if someone walks in just shock them, or have teammates go into the bubble with you, and his ult is great for taking people off the objective and occasionally knocking them off the map. I had a match where I knocked three guys off the map with one ult, felt like a badass after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom