• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I am pretty lucky playing solo so far! I've had a lot of good groups, some were stinkers, but a majority of them were good! Everyone seemed to understand their role and what to do.

I play with my headset, but I'm kinda shy to speak up and say things for some reason lol

I usually play with groups but I'm the same way. I got used to voice chat on Xbox Live in high school and will likely get used to it on PSN eventually as well.

Garland7G

QXUcoYT.png

First time I noticed but PS4 takes a SS of Overwatch torphies. For shame...

Zaventem

Literally 1 health pack away from getting Survival Expert and Mercy heals me lol. I mean it's not her fault but i was purposely playing recklessly to try and grt the trophy.

First time I noticed but PS4 takes a SS of Overwatch torphies. For shame...

That was in an update a while back i think you can disable it though. I don't mind so i leave it on.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
ahahahaha oh wow we had a full 5 stack reinhardt in a payload match.

We got to the half way point by just crowding around the objective with our shields up in under 30 seconds.

Then the ults started coming and we were screwed.

B.O.O.M

ahahahaha oh wow we had a full 5 stack reinhardt in a payload match.

We got to the half way point by just crowding around the objective with our shields up in under 30 seconds.

Then the ults started coming and we were screwed.

Reinhardts are great for building up meter fast

Whichever the cowboy hits you with, can't even rewind out of it.

The trap the garbage man throws that you can't escape from.

They're all so annoying, but those two always ruin me.
Flash bang. Yeah, from what I understand, McCree is thought of as tracers primary counter. Watch out for those. My friend claims he can usually bait and blink before they go off, but my reflexes aren't that quick so I just avoid McCree the best I can.

Fwiw the stun is NOT 5 seconds
but it is plenty long enough for him to fan you 100-0.

packy34

Whichever the cowboy hits you with, can't even rewind out of it.

The trap the garbage man throws that you can't escape from.

They're all so annoying, but those two always ruin me.

McCree's flashbang only stuns for what seems like 0.5 seconds. As a McCree player, I wish it was as effective as you claim. It's enough to get a kill on Tracer if the player is quick with the fan shot, I guess.

Cade

Quick question for other Genji "mains" (I know you don't main heroes in Overwatch, I play 'em all, etc., but): you're 1v1ing a McCree. You get your deflect up in time and he gets stunned.

THEN FUCKING WHAT
His stun doesn't last longer than your deflect takes to end (and you can't cancel it), so you can't hit him with stars; you can dash through him, but it doesn't do much damage and puts your back to him. I always feel great getting the stun on him but you can't cancel deflect, so you're stuck. Just run away? Melee?

Why do people not contest the point? I don't care if you die. If we're in overtime and the payload is 3 m. from the goal, our chances go way up if you stop the damn thing. Junkrat players seem to be the worst with this.

There's always that one Widowmaker who continues to stand at a distance sniping while the overtime bar ticks down.

packy34

Quick question for other Genji "mains" (I know you don't main heroes in Overwatch, I play 'em all, etc., but): you're 1v1ing a McCree. You get your deflect up in time and he gets stunned.

THEN FUCKING WHAT
His stun doesn't last longer than your deflect takes to end (and you can't cancel it), so you can't hit him with stars; you can dash through him, but it doesn't do much damage and puts your back to him. I always feel great getting the stun on him but you can't cancel deflect, so you're stuck. Just run away? Melee?

Just keep using Genji's speed to circle around him and win through attrition. It's not perfect, but a lot of Genjis get my McCree that way.

Big Brett

Last night I enjoyed the game thoroughly, but now that I've really hit a stride, the game has consumed me. I want to keep playing. I want 10,000 Loot Boxes. I want to marry Mei.

Cade

Just keep using Genji's speed to circle around him and win through attrition. It's not perfect, but a lot of Genjis get my McCree that way.

That's what I've been doing, but it's weird as it doesn't have the flow most Genji plays do. I'll workshop it.

Sora2k7

Played against a full team of Winstons on Mumbari, that was... different, lol. Rolled them until one of them switched to Lucio and another to Pharah, right at the end; they actually put up a decent-ish fight after that. Justice still rained from above tho.

That was fun me and my friend joined a game and the other four went Al trobjorn so we rolled with it then he got a DC so I left after the game and when NC we searched we got back with that group and thus time they went Winston half why through the game one of them left and the new guy went lucio so my friend switched from frustration but we won the game with 3 Winston

Lesath

Last gamr I played had a bunch of cheeky bastards who decided to hole up in the room in front of the first capture point in Volskaya Industries. Switched to Hanzo and littered that room with the bouncy arrow, netting me several kills and an achievement. Losing sucks (and I lose a lot), but moments like these keep me coming back.

MaxiLive

I played a few hours last night and had a blast but I super suck at all champs :D I think I'm too old for these FPS games these days I really struggle with aiming and reating to getting jumped on.

I'm still having a blast I just hope my team aren't raging at me too much...

As for loot drops though I haven't had much luck at all, I've had 2 blue skins out of 9 boxes and thats about all I've got so far! Where as everyone else in my groups of friends I've been playing with had had 3+ Legendary skins each out of a similar amount of boxes! I'm guessing I'm draining all the bad luck out of the group so they can have the purty skins.

Impulsor

I love Reaper so much. I love him. I love to play him. It just fits my nervous, sadistic playstyle so much.

Shift-> I'm in-> DIE! DIE! DIE!

I even got Nevermore skin for him yesterday!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'd also love any PS4 player recs! For PC, I've been really enjoying Stylosa at Great British Gaming. He does really informative commentary on the characters, and if he makes a gameplay error, he doesn't edit it out so you know why something works/doesn't work.

Thanks, I'll check out the channel :)

Don't worry about the version of the let's play videos. Just learn the tricks they use. For example, Seagull uses Genji's forward slash move (whatever it's called) to escape enemies and also to get to elevated platforms. Or the rocket jump by Bastion mentioned in the previous page. You can use them on the PS4 too. And the console versions have rather generous aim assist. You won't have any problems :)

Not sure about the load time tbh. My impressions are based on the beta. My copy got delayed and is arriving tomorrow

Good to know. Any impressions are appreciated!

Anyone else have any feedback on PS4 load times?

I played a few hours last night and had a blast but I super suck at all champs :D I think I'm too old for these FPS games these days I really struggle with aiming and reating to getting jumped on.

I'm still having a blast I just hope my team aren't raging at me too much...

As for loot drops though I haven't had much luck at all, I've had 2 blue skins out of 9 boxes and thats about all I've got so far! Where as everyone else in my groups of friends I've been playing with had had 3+ Legendary skins each out of a similar amount of boxes! I'm guessing I'm draining all the bad luck out of the group so they can have the purty skins.
You could always play a relatively aiming light hero, like Reinhardt, symmetry, mercy, torbjorn or mei. There are options for those of us who are accuracy impaired! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom