• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuffty

scored my first legendary skin from a loot box and it just happens to be for my main

MVMHSd8.png
MVMHSd8.png
MVMHSd8.png

Same here! Looks so cool and I got Deli for Symmetra as well which looks fantastic. They're not my mains and I know you can't really see them during game time, but I can't help but regularly choose them to show them off!

Rizzi

Fucking idiots that don't understand that maybe standing on the point you're trying to attack/defend is a good idea.
Driving me crazy.

Tecnniqe

Banned

ZeroAKA

I have at least one unlock for every character except for my favorite hero. I'm glad that my amazing RNG luck has carried into Overwatch too.

Tecnniqe

Banned
When I play Overwatch on my PS4, it runs at a gorgeous thirty frames-per-second. This lends it a cinematic feel, like I’m playing a movie from Hollywood.

By contrast, the PC version plays like some sort of weird cartoon. So fast and smooth like a small hairless testicle falling down a pipe made of soap. It lacks the epic feel that can only come from 30fps, the superior framerate of kings.

Jiiim what have you dooone! ?

Big Brett

What is this even supposed to be satire on? I honestly can't tell if this is supposed to ridicule those who play Overwatch on consoles for whatever reason or if it's just meaningless satire pulled from nowhere.

I'm assuming it's meaningless, proving to be more of a comedy skit than an actually conducive piece of satire. I've never been Sterling's greatest fan either so I may be off.

MGrant

overwatchstatsday2ncxtl.png

4 hours into the retail release, playing way more Symmetra than I played during the beta. She's become my favorite defensive hero (Mei is a close second, I'm sorry). On offense I'm loving Mercy, even over Lucio unless we have a lot of fast-moving heroes who won't be near me for long enough to buff. Something I learned that blew my mind: Symmetra's beam can hit people through Mei's ice wall. Managed to get a team kill just hiding behind a friendly Mei's wall holding left click, and when the wall dropped I had a fully charged beam ready to murder everyone who had no idea I was there.

I hate Symmetra with the passion of a burning sun. Her stupid turrets, her laser pistol, and good luck if she gets a teleporter up protected by turrets. I've burned ults just to kill a teleporter and turrets always dying in the process.

jediyoshi

I'm assuming it's meaningless, proving to be more of a comedy skit than an actually conducive piece of satire. I've never been Sterling's greatest fan either so I may be off.

Well when people don't find it funny, he can fall back on it being a critique on the banality of those discussions. Or something.

I hate Symmetra with the passion of a burning sun. Her stupid turrets, her laser pistol, and good luck if she gets a teleporter up protected by turrets. I've burned ults just to kill a teleporter and turrets always dying in the process.

I love Symmetra and finding neat spots to hide my sentries so flankers have them at their back. I get more abuse and rage quits when I'm playing her than Bastion... the snooty attitude of the hero fits perfectly.

Man, finally done with courses, spent a good 4 hours playing today with a 6-man.

Sym + Torb + Zen combo on defense is STRONG. We held Hollywood's first point easily in two different games. Zen ult can cancel so many enemy ults, its so great

Fliesen

What is this even supposed to be satire on? I honestly can't tell if this is supposed to ridicule those who play Overwatch on consoles for whatever reason or if it's just meaningless satire pulled from nowhere.

he did a short quick-look of the game on youtube, and i think people jumped him for not playing it on the PC, with M+KB.

So this is some sort of over-the-top "the right way to play the game is obviously with xyz" opinion piece. Because - at the end of the day - there is no right way to play OW. It's great on any platform.

Big Brett

he did a short quick-look of the game on youtube, and i think people jumped him for not playing it on the PC, with M+KB.

So this is some sort of over-the-top "the right way to play the game is obviously with xyz" opinion piece. Because - at the end of the day - there is no right way to play OW. It's great on any platform.

Ah that makes sense. Don't follow him closely as I said, but the article seems justified. Youtube comments are cancer.
surprise of the year

Matt Frost

Tracer is sooooo goooood, love passing the enemy, waiting a second for then to forgive you, then come back and kill and annoy them out while my team (full party) take the objective. She is ace! Hey lovs, cabalry is here!! <3

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The problem with Symmetra is there are only so many places you can set up a turret/teleporter nest and as soon as the game has existed for more than a couple days people will learn where they are and be able to take them out quickly. Enjoy it while you can.

I usually pick Symmetra on certain maps tho. Did defense on Hanamura last night against a meme team of 6 Winstons and had a 20 kill streak because they kept trying to charge the capture point and I had a nest in there and a Mei with me helping disrupt. Was the easiest win I've had so far.

Shahadan

Who honestly thinks that a team needs two Widows while ATTACKING on Hanamura.

S m h

I had a team with two Widowmakers and 2 soldier 76 trying to kill people from a distance repeatedly.

We were on a payload map, and it was nearing the finish line. :lol:
They were probably screaming behind their computer for "us" to do the objective too.

CrazyHal

He made an impression video in which he was playing the ps4 version. I think the "article" is a reponse to people in the comment section of his video who told him that he's an idiot for getting the ps4 version and that overwatch is "meant to be plaid with keyboard and mouse" or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom