• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah wtf, the team clearly needs 2+ Hanzo instead for thematic purposes while playing on Hanamura.

The secret to winning is to keep adding widow makers until you have 100% infrasight uptime. Then nothing can stop you.

Gotta get that sick 420 no-scope PotG.
You are all dreadful. :p
I had a team with two Widowmakers and 2 soldier 76 trying to kill people from a distance repeatedly.

We were on a payload map, and it was nearing the finish line. :lol:
They were probably screaming behind their computer for "us" to do the objective too.
That's the worst. You have these Widows calling out "healer", as if I would waste time healing them if they're just going to camp outside the building taking potshots while other players are actually trying to capture the point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I loved her in beta (I mean I still do), havent touched her in live. Zarya is just so much fun, and im actually also playing a lor of Rein who I had no interest in. Those 2 re my go-to tanks now

You are all dreadful. :p

That's the worst. You have these Widows calling out "healer", as if I would waste time healing them if they're just going to camp outside the building taking potshots while other players are actually trying to capture the point.

Hah, for better or for worse I've yet to run into anyone actually calling out in chat for heals. Only bonus to having a Widowmaker like that is that it's an easy escape route if you're playing Mercy.

nOoblet16

Someone called Tracer's blink a "forward dash" while explaining how you need to control it to be good with Tracer, making the mistake assuming that her blink only takes her forward. This is something I noticed in the beta thread too, but people Tracer can actually blink in all 8 directions (up,down,left,right and diagonally) in total and blink through enemies as well.

You must have come across some bad teams if they're letting Zenyatta do anything

Do you know how easy he makes it to kill tanks and any annoying enemy with his Discord orb? Zenyatta isn't a hardhealing character like Lucio or Mercy specifically, but he is a support character that can heal, buff and most importantly debuff. He also has an incredibly accurate primary fire that he can use with discord himself.

Basically he is the hardest support character to play because he is a glass canon but that doesn't mean he sucks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if I dont get a legendary from my lvl 20 box im asking for a refund ;_;

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I love attacking on Hanamura. I choose Winston and after we get point A I just leap over through the hole on the left. With that I can sometimes capture B by myself/with a small help in 1-3 attempts.

Originally I was only really effective with Winston, Lucio and Torbjorn but I've been having more success with D. Va, McCree and Mercy recently. I want to get good with Zarya but whenever I try her it does not work out at all.

Rhaknar

Which characters are the really great support characters?

I like playing support classes. Will I have fun with that in Overwatch?

yes. Start with Mercy, gravitate to the ball of fun called Lucio, dabble in Zenyatta if you are feeling adventurous (his low health is a bitch tho). Symmetra is best saved for defense maps and, well, shes quite hard to use properly and now a actual support (you cant heal people)

deoee

Originally I was only really effective with Winston, Lucio and Torbjorn but I've been having more success with D. Va, McCree and Mercy recently. I want to get good with Zarya but whenever I try her it does not work out at all.

Zarya is such a beast :D

I love her right click attack :3

Klyka

Banned
Zenyatta works amazingly well if you have an enemy tank (or even a squishy) who gives your team trouble because is discord orb turns people into paperdolls.

Fliesen

Zarya is such a beast :D

I love her right click attack :3

i teamed up with a GAFfer yesterday, and we went Roadhog (my fav) + Zarya (his fav, i presume), which sounds like a dumb combo, but worked really well ...

bash bros.
bashbrothers.gif

I'm okay with Mei in general but it is utterly nonsensical that she can contest and capture points in ice block form. It's not even an ult but she can go invuln and grandstand an objective. It's ridiculous.

I'm okay with Mei in general but it is utterly nonsensical that she can contest and capture points in ice block form. It's not even an ult but she can go invuln and grandstand an objective. It's ridiculous.

That invulnerability ability is the one thing about Mei that pisses me off to no end.

Honest to **** I have not celebrated winning a match or attacking / defending a point as much as in Overwatch. I have no idea what the neighbours must have thought. There is nothing like being up against it only to be able to push forwards and attack a point and turn a match in your favour.

I must have been lucky yesterday as it seemed like every match was being played by players who wanted to do their job.

I am an utter novice at the game (only a few hours from beta and main game to show) so I don't like to complain about characters being under/overpowered but Mei does seem to have some rather handy abilities.

Edit:

I am a dirty putter-abouterer so here is my battle ID if any one is interested (PC - UK times): CyanideFuse#2838

yes. Start with Mercy, gravitate to the ball of fun called Lucio, dabble in Zenyatta if you are feeling adventurous (his low health is a bitch tho). Symmetra is best saved for defense maps and, well, shes quite hard to use properly and now a actual support (you cant heal people)

So Mercy heals people?

That invulnerability ability is the one thing about Mei that pisses me off to no end.
The kill denial aspect definitely adds to her puckish charm. She's like a more frustrating dva in that way, cuz you don't even get the points for forcing her iceblock. Still, without it she'd be in poor shape indeed.

deoee

The kill denial aspect definitely adds to her puckish charm. She's like a more frustrating dva in that way, cuz you don't even get the points for forcing her iceblock. Still, without it she'd be in poor shape indeed.

She's in poor shape with it too!

Should def. do some workouts after the match!

24hr

i teamed up with a GAFfer yesterday, and we went Roadhog (my fav) + Zarya (his fav, i presume), which sounds like a dumb combo, but worked really well ...

bash bros.
bashbrothers.gif

And that GAFfer was me. Worked well when we had a good Lucio too.

So Mercy heals people?
Mercy plays VERY similarly to tf2 medic. Weapon 1 has primary fire lock on heal beam, secondary fire lock on damage boost beam. She can also fly to distant teammates in los to get where she's needed most, and has an aoe rez. Her only offense is a pistol which you'll probably draw pretty rarely. She's the only character in the game you won't have an offensive weapon drawn on 99% of the game.

grimmiq

So Mercy heals people?

Her main 2 abilities are a single target heal over time and increase target's damage dealt.
Symmetra is shielding teammates and putting down turrets.
Lucio can swap between AoE Heal over time and AoE speed boost passives.
Haven't played much Zenyatta.

Piers

That feeling when your team is SO BAD you put up lackluster numbers and this happens:

UD9AR8E.jpg

Team, please.....do something.

This is probably why I favoured 32 player matches in TF2, because of the lot, there's a greater chance of having at least one player that actually shakes the match up for both sides.

She's in poor shape with it too!

Should def. do some workouts after the match!
She's buxom and she has a booty but she that is a very puffy coat. There's less warmly dressed concept art that shows she's certainly in decent form.
"I am on fire.... But an extinguisher is not necessary."

I love you, Zen.
Blizzards story writing is embarrassing drivel but their quips and auto callouts are fantastic. It's always an enormous boost to the charm of their games.

Is the Hero gallery glitched? It's always showing as less things unlocked than I do have. Like for McCree for instance. I have five sprays unlocked for him, but it only says two.

The profile page is also incorrect. I've played with heroes that show up as 0 min playtime.

Maybe there's just a long delay to when all of this information gets updated?

Someone called Tracer's blink a "forward dash" while explaining how you need to control it to be good with Tracer, making the mistake assuming that her blink only takes her forward. This is something I noticed in the beta thread too, but people Tracer can actually blink in all 8 directions (up,down,left,right and diagonally) in total and blink through enemies as well.

Dancing back and forth through Reinhardts is a great pass-time, they don't know what to do :p

Sooner or later your luck will turn. Law of averages.

"Pity Timers" most likely exist in this game too.

Is the Hero gallery glitched? It's always showing as less things unlocked than I do have. Like for McCree for instance. I have five sprays unlocked for him, but it only says two.

The profile page is also incorrect. I've played with heroes that show up as 0 min playtime.

Maybe there's just a long delay to when all of this information gets updated?
Must be. People were noting similar things about the page on the website earlier in the thread. Are you experiencing this in game or on the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom