• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
getting rekt on payload with Bastion on the cart, reinhart with a shield, and 2 healers on bastion. ridiculous. not even crying about it, it was super effective and we couldnt do shit

Klyka

Banned
I have not seen a single Bastion POTG and I have seen two Mercy ones AND a Roadhog,which I have both never seen before.

I also got a couple of POTGs myself while playing Pharah,but her Q is basically "Press Q to POTG" so I wasn'T all that happy about it....

I squeed

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
h1lKgj0.jpg

level 20 box. FML

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I enjoy support classes in most games. When I first played I tried Zen and was left unimpressed (That's more on me than on him, though). Yesterday I tried Lucio on recommendation from a dude at work and I just LOVE him. I'm doing so much good for my team, I'm winning votes at the end of matches, I'm making a DIFFERENCE.

Now that I've found my support niche though I finally notice that people don't like to play support in this game. If I want to play a role that the team needs it seems I'm ALWAYS playing support. That's cool, but I don't want my other characters to get rusty.

Got to put like an hour in with my brother this morning. Bliss.

Bittercup

Yay, Tracer finally clicked for me.
Especially on conquest maps zapping around and harassing the opponents is so much fun.
Now I have one character I like playing in each of the categories to switch around depending on the rest of the team.

Hasney

getting rekt on payload with Bastion on the cart, reinhart with a shield, and 2 healers on bastion. ridiculous. not even crying about it, it was super effective and we couldnt do shit

I did the same but building a turret on the payload. I think they should really get rid of that instead of adding mobility to things balanced around them not having mobility, like Bastion and turrets!

But hey, while it's in the game, I will be doing it, that's for sure.

level 20 box. FML

That Mei spray is awesome.

I actually like sprays in general other than the amount I get for a dupe, so I'm all for getting them.

desverger

So is there a trick on winning on attack, or is just more difficult and demanding by design?

On certain maps defending is seemingly a lot easier and requires pretty much a few key heroes that know what they're doing, but playing the same map on attack requires a lot of coordination, communication and grouping up.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I have not seen a single Bastion POTG and I have seen two Mercy ones AND a Roadhog,which I have both never seen before.

I also got a couple of POTGs myself while playing Pharah,but her Q is basically "Press Q to POTG" so I wasn'T all that happy about it....

I squeed
That triple pharah non ult potg is super satisfying

We quake now

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yay, Tracer finally clicked for me.
Especially on conquest maps zapping around and harassing the opponents is so much fun.
Now I have one character I like playing in each of the categories to switch around depending on the rest of the team.

finally getting there myself

Reinhardt / Winston
Lucio / Mercy
Mei
Pharah

feels like a diverse list of characters that i really enjoy. shame i never get to play Pharah much:

Now that I've found my support niche though I finally notice that people don't like to play support in this game. If I want to play a role that the team needs it seems I'm ALWAYS playing support. That's cool, but I don't want my other characters to get rusty.

as our team is always lacking tank/support... can't wait for ranked to drop next month!

Klyka

Banned
That triple pharah non ult potg is super satisfying

We quake now

I got a POTG yesterday with Pharah where at the start of the round as attack on Dorado I fly out of the spawn and kill so many people so quickly that I got from 0% to full Q inside the POTG timeframe.

I felt more than good.

Vinter

I enjoy support classes in most games. When I first played I tried Zen and was left unimpressed (That's more on me than on him, though). Yesterday I tried Lucio on recommendation from a dude at work and I just LOVE him. I'm doing so much good for my team, I'm winning votes at the end of matches, I'm making a DIFFERENCE.

Got to put like an hour in with my brother this morning. Bliss.

Yeah, Lucio is awesome. Love the switching between speed and heal on the fly. I also noticed a lot of Junkrats just spamming those mines. Its by far the character with most POTG I have seem using that damn wheel :p

Tecnniqe

Banned
I got a POTG yesterday with Pharah where at the start of the round as attack on Dorado I fly out of the spawn and kill so many people so quickly that I got from 0% to full Q inside the POTG timeframe.

I felt more than good.
All the freedom justice from above

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
From level 0 to 14, these are the legendaries I unlocked. Phone pics because I'm having problems taking pics through Xbox One.

Congratulations. You have 4 more legendaries than I do, but I'm only a few levels higher than you. I'm sure my time will come.

Piers

That sounds pretty grizzly.
There is the whole aspect of team work, but with randoms, that's not really that possible.

Klyka

Banned
The most spammable voice lines in the game for me are:

"Keep Calm and Tracer on!"

"A-Mei-Zing!"

and "Play nice, play Pharah!"

Scher

Considering the PotG talk, I really want to know how that's determined. I got a PotG as Soldier 76 where I used my ult on a group, only killed one person, and got murdered horribly. I also saw a Reaper get PotG where they were trying to kill me but I almost killed them instead, and then a Widow from offscreen sniped me. Why did Reaper get a PotG in that case?

All I seem to get is voice lines which I never use. BE KIND TO ME PLS

You didn't pray to me enough, enjoy your victory poses at best.

Had a blast as Pharah last night.

Also got POTG with Mercy by rezzing two people and then killing a Pharah who was ulting at me. I should've put the 'well played!' spray down afterward for extra humiliation.

Is there a way to share these highlights?

You didn't pray to me enough, enjoy your victory poses at best.

Had a blast as Pharah last night.

Also got POTG with Mercy by rezzing two people and then killing a Pharah who was ulting at me. I should've put the 'well played!' spray down afterward for extra humiliation.

Is there a way to share these highlights?

Unless something's changed since beta, no. Or at least, no in-game way. You can always use recording software like fraps or shadowplay, though. And again, unless something's changed since beta, those highlights don't stick around. They're only available until you close the game and then they disappear.

Whelp bought 24 boxes fro 20$ since i wanted legendaries... Only got 2, thx blizz.

That's a pretty standard rate. Legendaries don't drop super fast. Buying loot boxes seems an extremely poor value proposition.

Bittercup

finally getting there myself
feels like a diverse list of characters that i really enjoy. shame i never get to play Pharah much:

as our team is always lacking tank/support... can't wait for ranked to drop next month!
Yeah same for me with Widowmaker. I really enjoy playing as her and feel like she's my weakest character and I could use some more experience. But so far I wasn't able to play her very often. Always already taken or not a good pick for the team.
So it's mainly D.va and Mercy for me, with occasionally Tracer.

Piers

The most spammable voice lines in the game for me are:

"Keep Calm and Tracer on!"

"A-Mei-Zing!"

and "Play nice, play Pharah!"

I actually keep hearing "JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE" in my head again and again. Drives me nuts.

Yeah same for me with Widowmaker. I really enjoy playing as her and feel like she's my weakest character and I could use some more experience. But so far I wasn't able to play her very often. Always already taken or not a good pick for the team.

Likewise, would love to use Reaver or Bastion, but…welp.
The best is when you select the character before someone else, they then select the same one, and nag you to go support/tank.

Schaulustiger

Neo Member
I love hearing "I'm a one man apocalypse" whenever I choose Roadhog for a match. Hooking people can be so great against certain enemy team compositions.

You know who will yell at you for picking second widowmaker? No one important. Make your pick and enjoy your game.

The play of the game system has already become pretty predictable. Usually an ult that kills 3 or more people or shutting down an enemy ult.

The system is a good idea, just needs a lot of improvement.

Klyka

Banned
Tracer needs a clip buff--her shock tactic role is spoiled by the fact she has to reload so often.

Her primary role is to get people to look at/for her so they don't look at the objective and their positioning gets disrupted.

Her getting actual kills while absolutely possible and great, is not the 100% main reason for her to be picked. I feel giving her a bigger clip would make her too strong cause in the right hands she already is incredibly infuriating to play against and a single Tracer can, depending on the enemy team composition, require two,sometimes even three players to quickly shutdown.

Rhaknar

That sounds pretty grizzly.
There is the whole aspect of team work, but with randoms, that's not really that possible.

we got recked on attck against them also. they were fust flat out better (probably on coms too, we are a 5 man grp not on comms), no shame in that, sometimes ppl will just be better

they were asses about it in chat tho which is unnecessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom