• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piers

we got recked on attck against them also. they were fust flat out better (probably on coms too, we are a 5 man grp not on comms), no shame in that, sometimes ppl will just be better

they were asses about it in chat tho which is unnecessary

Oh really? :/
After Dota 2, i'm kind of paranoid over smurfing these days.

Matt Frost

Tracer needs a clip buff--her shock tactic role is spoiled by the fact she has to reload so often.

Doing so will make her the most OP character in the game by far... Imagine Tracer with a 60 clip... insane. Tracer is for annoying people, killing them in the process and luring people away from their objective. Or to spam enemies. Run along the map infuriating other players. I just love Tracer. Best IMO.

HariKari

Tracer needs a clip buff--her shock tactic role is spoiled by the fact she has to reload so often.

Tracer is already absurdly OP in the right hands against randoms, at least on PC. You have to move in a pack or else you get picked off. She functionally has almost 300 hp and can grab medkits faster than anyone else. So frustrating.

Dunlop

I have not seen a single Bastion
I've only seen 1 but I think it is because they have changed the criteria for POTG ( or filtered out Bastions to lessen the race against him)

The last game I was in Bastion easily took out the opposing team in seconds as they all rushed in but the POTG went to someone else who only had 2 kills on the recap

Bittercup

You know who will yell at you for picking second widowmaker? No one important. Make your pick and enjoy your game.
I always feel bad for picking characters that are obviously bad choices for the team.
Maybe if the team setup is already dumb enough I will just pick her no matter what.

Spookie

Fuck me this game is infuriating to play solo. People refusing to change class, playing like it's TDM and having the coordination of herd of cats.

Fuck me, I'd rather play Dota 2 in endless mode with russians than put up with this matchmaking!

Tracer is already absurdly OP in the right hands against randoms, at least on PC. You have to move in a pack or else you get picked off. She functionally has almost 300 hp and can grab medkits faster than anyone else. So frustrating.

I think her ultimate could do with a buff. Either blast radius or damage. It's quite annoying sticking it directly on a tank (I.e, the only characters large enough that you could reliably stick it on) only to have it fail to kill them nor anyone around them.

Aside from that, she's a pretty good harasser.

moerser

Fuck me this game is infuriating to play solo. People refusing to change class, playing like it's TDM and having the coordination of herd of cats.

Fuck me, I'd rather play Dota 2 in endless mode with russians than put up with this matchmaking!

played about 12 games straight yesterday, only lost two. no complaints here.

Mupod

I think randoms have it in their head that Reinhardt's shield is indestructible. Their brains just shut down when they see it.

Klyka

Banned
I can honestly recommend playing one character a day if you want to get better with characters you don't play often.

It teaches you a lot about what works and doesn't work with that character and you can take that experience and then turn it into character switching at the right time.

My two friends and I went Pharah,Hanzo and Roadhog exclusively in every round yesterday and we won like 90% of our matches.

ViciousDS

Banned
Doing so will make her the most OP character in the game by far... Imagine Tracer with a 60 clip... insane. Tracer is for annoying people, killing them in the process and luring people away from their objective. Or to spam enemies. Run along the map infuriating other players. I just love Tracer. Best IMO.

I agree, her clip size is perfect atm, she can still kill the weaker stragglers and be a nuisance on offence. Also love forcing users to hit CD's for teammates to come in and wreck. I wish her rewind was a little bit shorter in CD.....but that would also effect how insanely OP she could become as well.

I can honestly recommend playing one character a day if you want to get better with characters you don't play often.

It teaches you a lot about what works and doesn't work with that character and you can take that experience and then turn it into character switching at the right time.

My two friends and I went Pharah,Hanzo and Roadhog exclusively in every round yesterday and we won like 90% of our matches.

I agree with this as well. I started playing D.va a lot yesterday and got used to have a mobile tank who goes in.......blasts, shields and gets the fuck out. Today I'm going to try Winston......my names one letter of and people call me that name anyways so.....I will......become myself.......become one.....with the Winston

Zeliard

Yeah same for me with Widowmaker. I really enjoy playing as her and feel like she's my weakest character and I could use some more experience. But so far I wasn't able to play her very often. Always already taken or not a good pick for the team.
So it's mainly D.va and Mercy for me, with occasionally Tracer.

I think people are generally a bit too harsh on hero choices in quick play, but it should improve once ranked play comes in.

There's nothing inherently terrible about two Widowmakers or 1 Widow and 1 Hanzo on a team. Some people feel burned because those tend to be pretty solitary classes and a lot of players aren't really playing the objective just yet, so you lose out on bodies to stick on the point. But they can be used to great effect.

Also there are some situations where Widow can be extremely useful on offense, like if you need to break a chokepoint or turret heroes are giving your team problems. People shouldn't see a Widow pick on offense and immediately think the worst of it, especially on maps like Watchpoint: Gibraltar where she can be very strong in breaking through that first choke.

Klyka

Banned
Some of the Widowmaker players you meet basically win the game by themselves cause they will instantly kill anyone they see.

Guys, after the good scores I'm thinking about buying this game, but in my mind I keep contemplating on something.
I spent almost 1200 hours on Team Fortress 2 and I loved every second of it.
So it was inevitable not to try the overwatch beta.Well the thing is that although I have the minimum requirements and I'm close to the recommended ones, when I played the game run pretty poorly with a lot slowdowns and screen tearing.It was almost unplayable for me.
The only way I could play it was to have low on all graphics settings but then the game became so pixelised that it wasn't worth it :/.
My system specs are CPU: Inter core i7 2.88 Ghz, Ram: 8 GB DDR3, GPU: ATI radeon 5770 Vapor-x and OS: Windows 10 x64.
So I don't know if other people have similar specs and the game run better on them but i unfortunately couldn't.Are my specs so bad for overwatch or am I doing something wrong?
I have a Ps4 and I could buy this version but these kind of games have better controls on pc.

Zeliard

I'd give people the benefit of the doubt as far as cheating. There are a lot of players out there with very good aim and Overwatch has more generous hitboxes than games like CS, Quake, Tribes, and the like.

Klyka

Banned
The Widowmakers I have met have certainly not been cheating,they have just been spending the last couple years of their lives playing snipers. Probably in TF2 as well.

It's just never fun to play against snipers,cause instantly dropping dead just cause they saw a pixel of you is never fun, but eh, snipe bros gotta have their character.

HariKari

I'd give people the benefit of the doubt as far as cheating. There are a lot of players out there with very good aim and Overwatch has more generous hitboxes than games like CS, Quake, Tribes, and the like.

On PC, they need to have her zoom out on a full power shot or something along those lines. Way too easy to spam. That, plus there's no restriction on her vision while zoomed, makes her amazing in the right hands. If your team can block the counters, there's really no way past her.

I personally feel that hanzo is way more bullshit, though. Scattershot at the feet is maybe too good.

Shahadan

How can I mute a teammate? Some fucker kept playing loud shitty music and I couldn't hear the audio cues.

I wanted to punch him in the face :lol:

Boogdud

I wish they had an exclusive solo queue. I went 8-2 on launch night but last night I went 2-12, up against very obviously premade 5 man groups on comms, vs my group where nobody even types a word, let alone uses voice chat.

The last loss of the night was an assault match on Temple of Anubis and we lost the match in under 3 minutes.

JJShadow

Two plays of the game in a row with D.va, awwww it feels so good. I really love her, she has the perfect balance between tankiness, mobility and damage output IMO

I'm a big fan of Zenyatta now, but boy does he get shutout by Widow and Hanzo pretty handily. Considering the prevalence of those two characters, because everyone has to be a sniper I have to wonder if maybe Blizzard should maybe make him a little tankier or something. He has to be upfront to maintain orbs and having mostly shields as health serves him well in that regard, but I shouldn't be afraid to turn a corner every time a sniper is in the game.

I wish they had an exclusive solo queue. I went 8-2 on launch night but last night I went 2-12, up against very obviously premade 5 man groups on comms, vs my group where nobody even types a word, let alone uses voice chat.

The last loss of the night was an assault match on Temple of Anubis and we lost the match in under 3 minutes.

What makes you say it was obvious?

My friends and I did premades during beta and got matched with players I found to completely outmatch us to the point that they must've been grouped too, but that seemed not to be the case after speaking to them in all talk. Some people are just pretty damn good at these games, and team work well, even in pugs.

Bittercup

I think people are generally a bit too harsh on hero choices in quick play, but it should improve once ranked play comes in.

There's nothing inherently terrible about two Widowmakers or 1 Widow and 1 Hanzo on a team. Some people feel burned because those tend to be pretty solitary classes and a lot of players aren't really playing the objective just yet, so you lose out on bodies to stick on the point. But they can be used to great effect.

Also there are some situations where Widow can be extremely useful on offense, like if you need to break a chokepoint or turret heroes are giving your team problems. People shouldn't see a Widow pick on offense and immediately think the worst of it, especially on maps like Watchpoint: Gibraltar where she can be very strong in breaking through that first choke.
Thank you. I have hardly any experience with competitive shooters and in general don't play shooters very often. That's why I'm always hesitant with picking 'wrong' characters. I'll play Widow more then.

How can I mute a teammate? Some fucker kept playing loud shitty music and I couldn't hear the audio cues.

I wanted to punch him in the face :lol:
I think, if you press enter to open up the chat you can right click on a character and select block. At least works for dumb comments in the chat. I would assume it blocks voice, too.

Klyka

Banned

My friends and I did premades during beta and got matched with players I found to completely outmatch us to the point that they must've been grouped too, but that seemed not to be the case after speaking to them in all talk. Some people are just pretty damn good at these games, and team work well, even in pugs.

While my two friends and I were in a group and voice chat yesterday, we had this one Mercy player random who just kinda slid right into our groove without a single word.
He was basically on point at all times and made our three man team into a 4 man team. And we never said a single thing to him.

Thank you. I have hardly any experience with competitive shooters and in general don't play shooters very often. That's why I'm always hesitant with picking 'wrong' characters. I'll play Widow more then.

I'll give you a little attitude tip when it comes to "competitive" shooters:

Don't actually treat them like a competition.

Yes, you can see a "victory" or a "defeat" on the screen,but ultimately,it means nothing.
Especially not in quick play. Even in ranked later, it won't mean anything for you as a normal player.

The only time it ever means anything,is if you are a pro/on the way to pro and you play the game for reason other than "fun entertainment in my freetime".

So whatever people say to you about your choices or how you play, don't let it get to you, because ultimately a victory or loss means absolutely nothing.
And if at the end of a round you know you are a cause for the loss or the cause for the win, take that experience, bring it into the next round and keep growing.

But the moment the game isn't fun anymore and you are trying to force the "competition" on yourself, take a step back and ask yourself if that is why you play the game.

Boogdud

They all had themed names.

Also, Mercy makes *any* team better. They need some other real healers because right now, every other choice is inferior.

I'm a big fan of Zenyatta now, but boy does he get shutout by Widow and Hanzo pretty handily. Considering the prevalence of those two characters, because everyone has to be a sniper I have to wonder if maybe Blizzard should maybe make him a little tankier or something. He has to be upfront to maintain orbs and having mostly shields as health serves him well in that regard, but I shouldn't be afraid to turn a corner every time a sniper is in the game.

Yeah he got nerfed a couple times during the beta and I think they might've overdone it a bit.

Tecnniqe

Banned

The Widowmakers I have met have certainly not been cheating,they have just been spending the last couple years of their lives playing snipers. Probably in TF2 as well.

It's just never fun to play against snipers,cause instantly dropping dead just cause they saw a pixel of you is never fun, but eh, snipe bros gotta have their character.
Oh yeah. I have no evidence of it but it was super weird and he kicked everyone's ass anywhere on the map.

Godlike plays.

He didn't use the scope in and out thing most pro widows do which made us find it weird.

Drame

After having played on both the PC and PS4 and having bought each a pack of 50 lootboxes, god help me. Having a jolly good time all-around!

Like many others the matches I've been getting have been mix of steamrolling the enemy team or getting steamrolled in turn. Still, most of the matches have been enjoyable. From my few hours of play I've been mostly enjoying Reinhardt and Symmetra. Zenyatta's pretty neat also. In one game almost none of the enemy team targeted me and I could go wild with Discord Orbs melting high value targets.

Hey, that doesn't sound half bad. I really need to be brave enough to try other heroes too. Yesterday I decided to give Pharah a go only to find myself more time watching the killcam that doing anything to help my team.

While my two friends and I were in a group and voice chat yesterday, we had this one Mercy player random who just kinda slid right into our groove without a single word.
He was basically on point at all times and made our three man team into a 4 man team. And we never said a single thing to him.

Yeah some people just have it together.

They all had themed names.

Well then forget everything I said. :p It is possible the other players in your team were grouped though. I don't think there's any way to tell.

I absolutely do, the only thing about his account that bugged me was the prefiring at walls without infrasight up. I don't usually even begin to suggest cheating. There are fantastically good players in these games, to the point that their aim will just seem superhuman. I've long ago come to terms with this.

Cyldman

Banned
I just had 10 "Likes" On post match as Reaper and I got POTG.
I played very good but the POTG itself was bad, yet I got 10 likes.
I shouted like a little kid when I saw that because I never saw 10 likes before.

FEELS GOOD.

Trickster

Could someone tell me the appeal of D.va I see some people mentioning her as something they love to play as..And I don't get it, I love her design, I've tried playing her. But I just feel like she's pretty darn shit? She practically needs to be next to anyone to be able to kill them due to her horrible accuracy. Her slowdown during firing is super crippling and just allows anyone to easily run away from her when she starts attacking. Yeah she's mobile and her ult can wipe a team if used at the right time. But in general, during matches I just feel like she have much of an impact?

Zeliard

If you want a more carefree environment the Arcade Brawl can be a good place to practice Widowmaker or whoever else. You have big health, cooldown, and ult charge buffs, so you can practice those things more easily as well, though you do want to be careful that you don't mess up your timing in the regular games. :p

If you want a more carefree environment the Arcade Brawl can be a good place to practice Widowmaker or whoever else. You have big health, cooldown, and ult charge buffs, so you can practice those things more easily as well, though you do want to be careful that you don't mess up your timing in the regular games. :p

It also doesn't let you get in those fun D.va mid-ejection bodyshot kills.

Otherwise, though, yeah. Great way to low pressure practice.

putarorex

I'm glad I got this. I usually don't enjoy MP game these days, but this has been fun, even when losing. Ocassionaly I'm on a team that gets completely dominated, but I still have fun trying out the different heroes.

Sometimes I have to play Reinhardt or Mercy because nonone has chosen a healer or tank, but no complaints so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom